2014 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,659 - $21,238.

10/6.8

8.4

Based on 479 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Excellent value

By on Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Pros: "great price, plenty of trunk space & fun to drive"

Cons: "can't keep up with my Vette!"

"Fun to drive, outstanding fuel economy (35.8 mpg avg over 70k miles) and all the creature comforts needed for work commute or long trips. The price was right and was a no brainer based on 20k miles per year driving. No problems and still running strong!"

3 Year Review - 2012 2LT Cruze

By on Monday, April 20, 2015

Pros: "Gas Mileage-Driveability-Fun"

Cons: "Several Recalls - All Dealt With Though"

"Purchased this car 4/12 with 1400 miles on it. Other than water pump recall, and one fender bender (not car's fault), the car has been Outstanding. Consistent 28-32 mpg overall in Hwy/City (60/40) driving. Heated Leather Seats are comfortable and can accommodate any size person. Several 3500 plus mile trips and NO road fatigue. Have owned a lot of cars and this has been one of my favorites. That's saying something."

I Love My Cruze!

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

Pros: "gas milage, comfort, quiet ride"

Cons: "none! Go Buy One!"

"I've had my Cruze for 1 year now and I couldn't be happier. My milage is great and fits me my wife and 2kids comfortably. I'm averaging 35.5mpg and easily get 425miles per tank of fuel. I feel proud to drive car from an American car company that is built right here in Ohio!"

Great Car!!

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable, looks very nice inside and out"

Cons: "Anmemic power"

"Very nice design inside and out. I am 6ft 245 lbs and have plenty of room, in fact if I put the seat all the way back the pedals are to far away. I have a loaded out LTZ with the turbo and am averaging 27.5 to 28.5 mpg suburb driving which is not highway but not a red light at every intersection either. We have a 3 yo and a 6 yo both obviously in car seats. I am a little cramped when I am driving and the 6 yo is in her seat behind me but not awfully and more than bearable. If the wife who is 5'2" is driving she doesn't even need to change her seat position. The car handles and corners very well. The power under acceleration is a little weak. The car is designed for fuel economy so maybe I am expecting to much but pulling out in traffic or accelerating to pass is a weak spot for the Cruze. If you are looking for a gas friendly compact car with good room inside and stylish looks inside and out I highly recommend the Cruze."

Smart Choice

By on Saturday, March 07, 2015

Pros: "Impressive Handling & loaded with technology"

Cons: "Rear-seat headroom for taller people"

2015 Chevy Cruze LT

"The 2015 Chevrolet Cruze, with the redesigned front and upgraded interior amenities, is a smart choice for people looking for a midsized sedan at a compact car price. I purchased the LT model with turbocharged engine and automatic transmission, and was immediately impressed with the pickup, handling, and agility of the car on these Western Pennsylvania roads. The interior feels solid, comfortable, and leads the class with options such as rear-backup camera, MyLink Infotainment System, and OnStar (with the AT&T Mobile Hotspot). My passengers also loved the quietness of the interior and the 9 speaker Pioneer Sound system. Technology loves integrating with the Cruze via features such as Bluetooth Media syncing (playing music from your smartphone), OnStar diagnostics and remote start via an available free app, and XM Radio/Pandora/Slacker, which are built right in. All in all, this car outperforms the imports with a luxurious feel and great fuel economy in both city and highway. If you are new to Chevrolet, put aside any preconceptions and take it for a test drive. The car will sell itself."

2015 Chevy Cruze LT

Love this CAR

By on Thursday, October 06, 2011

Pros: "Gas mileage!"

Cons: "None!"

"I couldn't ask for anything better in a vehicle. It's comfortable, solid and excellant on gas! Coming home from vacation with the car fully loaded we got 43.5 mpg! Wouldn't trade it for the world!"

Very pleased with this car

By on Friday, September 16, 2011

Pros: "Great mileage, looks good, instrument panel easy to use, fun to drive."

Cons: "Arm rest not usable (back too far)"

"I was looking for a new car for a low payment and ended up leasing this car with no money down. The reviews were that it was outselling the Civic and Corolla. I am very pleased with the car - the gas mileage is great. I am averaging 29 to 30 miles per gallon in the city. Highway miles are even better but i haven't taken a long trip yet. It's a sharp looking car and I love the way it handles."

Excellent Car! Better than the Rest

By on Saturday, September 10, 2011

I want this car

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "None so Far"

"Excellent Car, been a VW owner for years and was very disappointed in the new ones out. This car has so much over on so many. Was a little worried about having a chevy over others BUT, it was the best of all we drove, VW, Toyota, Honda. Got to hand it to them, Very good job, fun, comfy, all the bells and whistles for a decent price. Way to go GM!"

A safe, economical and fun car to drive.

By on Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, fun to drive, comfortable"

Cons: "Backseat legroom & no spare"

"Ovarall extremely pleased with this vehicle. We've enjoyed the 6 speed transmission. Average mileage for 67K is 43 mpg. Highest on trip was 53 mpg. A bit disappointed with gas mileage in town. The gearing of transmission very 'tall'. As result can stall vehicle at low speeds in 2nd gear. A very comfortable car for front seat passengers. The backseat leg room is a bit tight. A good ride and very quiet. A great highway car."

Love my Cruze

By on Friday, December 06, 2013

Pros: "Good performance, handling, reliability"

Cons: "No cruise control offered on the LS"

"I bought my Cruze LS new in April 2012. It's one of those rare machines that doesn't excel in any particular field, but does everything well. The 1.8L engine is smooth, quiet, and perfectly adequate even with a cabin full of large guys and a trunk full of camping gear. The handling is light and quick without ever being darty or wallowing. It's remarkably easy to perform basic maintenance on. The clutch is one of the smoothest I've ever driven. I consistently exceed the estimated mileage, usually getting 33-34 mpg in combined driving. My only ongoing gripe is a vibration in the transmission in 4th, which Chevy won't acknowledge but every manual Cruze owner has experienced. That aside, Chevy's got a winner in this model."

I Love It!

By on Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Pros: "Quick, efficient, very comfortable."

Cons: "No cup holders with split rear seat option."

"I was first considering the Sonic, but was curious what a few thousand dollars meant. The Cruze had additional elbow room, more trunk space (where batteries would be in it's cousin the Volt) and BETTER gas mileage. In fact I can average 48 MPG round trip on the flats (under 70 MPH) with the AC off and the windows up. And using the accelerator lightly and tach no higher than 2k helps city mileage considerably. The get-up-and-go is quite impressive, but pushing it will cost you at the pump. My only wish was that I had picked one with the solid rear seat - this split rear seat does not have the fold down cup holders. The driver and passenger have two good holders in the center column and two slanted holders for capped bottles in the doors, but none in reach of the rear occupants. My teenage daughter loves the Satellite radio and the plug-ins for both aux and USB. And her friends (up to three) seem to be quite content in the back seat."

Great Small Sedan Eco 2013

By on Saturday, April 13, 2013

Pros: "Easy highway handling, great rebate, feels safe"

Cons: "No driver right-side armrest"

"Bought it on Thursday night, took it on a road trip to Arizona on Friday. Smooth highway driving with speeds up to 85 MPH, I am very happy with my purchase! Smallish steering wheel, interior is very nice and love how solid the doors are, makes me feel like I bought a mid-size though the gas mileage reminds me it is a small car. Solid acceleration when needed. The MPG minder fluctuates a bunch driving around town. Be careful with the spoilers, they are low."

Love it..getting 36mpg..all around town/44highway

By on Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pros: "mileage"

Cons: "small"

"very quiet, little smaller than my last car , but getting used to it(worth the mileage)..eco model..awesome design...highly recommend it/chevys got a winner"

Love this car!!

By on Thursday, January 17, 2013

Pros: "Beautiful car! Awesome to drive! Affordable!"

Cons: "None so far!"

"For the price point and the features it has, this is the most amazingly awesome car I could possibly afford! The gas mileage is fantastic, the car drives like a dream, the response of pedal Pick Up is awesome for a 4 cyl. I LOVE my car! I have spoken to other Cruze owners as well, and they all LOVE the Cruze! 10 air bags, so I know my son and I will be as safe as possible in any kind of accident, (God Forbid!) My insurance went down because of the 5 out of 5 safety rating. This car is not only beautiful, but completely roadworthy, feels safe and is super easy to drive. Did I say that I love my car?"

Nice "beginner" car

By on Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Pros: "great sound system, on star, small steering wheel"

Cons: "over priced, no storage, too compact"

"This car may be reliable but as far as comparing this to my old car which was an Oldsmobile Alero, I wouldn't hesitate to go back to my Alero. This car has NO pick up speed and the engine's RPM's struggle if you want to accelerate which could cause a problem if in an emergency. Switching gears is NOT smooth in this car. When I test drove the car at the dealership, the gears acted the same way but being the winter, I thought the engine was still cold. One of the first things to go was the AUX input inside the compartment between the front seats. A friend of mine who has the same car says his outside thermometer goes up to 150 degrees, (mind you, we live in upstate NY) so electrical problems may be a common factor in this car. It is indeed a compact car, so be prepared for hardly any storage spaces. Another detail that you might not notice right away is the passenger head rest blocks your sight out of the backright window unless adjusted all the way forward. If you have a passenger with you, it is an annoying blind spot. On a more positive note, the seating is very comfortable. The leather seats aren't a favorite but they heat up quickly when needed. In fact, they can get a little too warm when left on high. The interior design is very nice with a 2 tone brown. The back seat can be separated with a fold down flap with 2 cup holders which is nice for the kids. Lastly, the trunk space is great. They could have compensated less trunk space for more passenger space. Definately a car to think through your pros and cons"

Fun and Comfortable so far!

By on Monday, December 10, 2012

Pros: "Balanced Handling Dynamics, fantastic manual trans"

Cons: "Price is a tad high. Rear leg room"

Love the interior!

"Bought it brand new. LS with A/C and 6-speed manual. So far the car has been great. It's quiet, comfortable, the gauge coloring and the size of the gauges are great. The steering wheel feels good and I love the shifter. The handling is excellent considering the balance that GM found between comfortable ride and sporty handling for the price. The car definitely feels under powered but once you learn which gear to shift down to when passing it's not too difficult to live with. I'd be scared to see the Auto though. The seats are very comfortable. The back seat leg room is kind of tight but it's a small trade off. The trunk has plenty of room as well. It's very relaxing to drive, on the highway it is remarkably smooth and quiet and the fuel economy has been good so far. 9.1 L/100 km's in the city and 7.3 L/100 km's on the highway. This is coming from an SS Turbo Cobalt that did 11.9-12.3 L/100 km's city and 8.0-8.9 L/100 km's highway. So for me the savings are instant. I can see how people would gripe about the car but it depends on what you want. If you want a crapload of Luxury features for the same price as an LS with A/C and nothing else, go for the Elantra but I can tell you from test driving that the shifter doesn't feel as good (manual) as the Cruze and while it has a pretty comfortable ride it sorely lacks the sporty feel of the Cruze. The Focus is very noisy and not much more of a steal in terms of price. The shifter felt really good but the clutch lacked the ease of operation of the Cruze. Bottom line, if you want a car with an excellent balance between ride comfort and sporty handling, as well as great comfort and steering. This is the car for you. Will update again once I hit 1500 km's"

Love the interior!

Love the car and the MPG

By on Saturday, November 03, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive with great MPG and large trunk."

Cons: "Back seat lacks headroom for 6' adults like me."

"I own the 2013 LTZ with all options except the RS package. I am not a fan of extra plastic ;) This car is built very well and has a long list of features. Chevy has done a great job of creating a diverse lineup for the Cruze. The MyLink features with Pandora, built in navigation, XM, etc... are easy to use and the touchscreen position, size, and clarity are excellent! Driving the Cruze is fun... and for a change I am looking forward to my next road trip. The trunk is huge for a small car, but the back seat room is a bit tight for 6' adults. If you are 5'10" or shorter it would be fine! Fuel efficiency 24 MPG in the city (18.3 MPH average) 40 MPG on the freeway at 65 MPH City driving may look low, but the trip to work and back is filled with stops and lights. takes up to 17 min to go 4 miles. My old Honda Accord could not touch this MPG! I have several favorite features, but the key-less entry/start, and backup camera with warning system are my favorites. Just leave the keys in your pocket and you can unlock the car, hop in, and start it up. No digging for the keys! The backup warning system warns you if someone is approaching from the side before you can see them. When backing out of tight parking spaces, it's very handy. Even spots people walking behind the car. The only improvements I would like to see are: Add a built in home link garage door opener, and increase the rear headroom by 2". Us tall guys are tired of hunching over in the rear seats of all small cars! Overall this car is far better then my last Honda in every way! I hope it will serve me well for several years."

Really pleased with this car, don't understand all

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, peppy, great MPG's and looks great!"

Cons: "little bit of turbo lag but that is to be expected"

"the complaining about their Cruzes. Mine is a LTZ RS model. Black on Black, I get 36 to 39 on highway runnning 75 to 80 going back in forth from Nashville to Knoxville. In town I get anywhere from 27 to 36 all day long, short intown driving to getting it on. Only complaint is little bit of turbo lag on take off but I am getting used to that now. Really like sporty looks of car and have had lot of folks tell me it is a good looking car. Really wanted a Maxima but for $10,000 less and I get at least 10 mpg better i am good for now."

Very good value! Love the gas mileage!

By on Sunday, June 10, 2012

Pros: "Great mileage, quiet, commfortable."

Cons: "None yet!"

"I have had the Cruze Eco for about 4 months and I have put 5000 miles on it. I mostly drive on the interstate since I live around 25 miles from work. I drive 65 mph on the interstate and have gotten an average of 42 mph overall! Needless to say I am very pleased! Would definitely recommend this vehicle to others."

Quiet and Fuel Efficient

By on Friday, June 08, 2012

"I bought the 2011 chevy cruze LT last year when gas prices were starting to climb. I get 32 mpg combined. It is very reliable, quiet and joy to drive. I would definitely be driving this car for some time to come..."

It really grew on me. I love it! Great MPG

By on Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Pros: "Amazing MPG with ST trans, quite, smooth ride"

Cons: "AC not strong"

My wife refers to this vehicle as "my baby"

By on Friday, November 25, 2011

Pros: "Looks, fuel efficiency, fun to drive"

"Purchased our Cruze LT with leather, upgraded wheels, 1.8 engine in Feb 2011 after testing Ford Fusion and Focus, Dodge something, Honda Accord (we have an older model also), Cheverolet Malibu. We were looking for comfort (I am 6' 3") great gas mileage, fun to drive, sharp looking. THe Focus was too small and spartan, the Fusion and Malibu too big with less MPG, Mailbu was not as "new looking". We kept comparing everything to the experience of the Cruze! This is the first new car we have ever purchased in our 22 years together."

I love this car

By on Thursday, November 03, 2011

Pros: "Great price, performance, gas mileage, features!"

Cons: "None in my opinion"

"I have had my Cruze for 4 weeks and couldn't be happier with it. It is everything I could want in a car! It is so quiet I can't even hear the engine without a single rattle. The gas mileage has been awesome. The installed features such as rear park assist, remote start, Bluetooth, Sirius, onstar, stabilitrack, cruise control, etc are absolutely incredible! I drove my last 2 cars for almost 10 years each (1992 Subaru Loyale and 2002 Hyundai Elantra) and am looking forward to as many years with my Cruze. Way to go Chevrolet!!!! Finally after 35 years I can feel confident buying American again! Keep up the excellent work."

This car cannot be beat for the money

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

Pros: "Beautiful with great gas mileage!"

Cons: "I am on my 2nd set of brake pads."

"Stylish, roomy, and the amazing gas mileage! I love this car and hate to part with it, but I moved to the mountains and I need 4WD."

Fun car to drive with turbo and 6 speed auto

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pros: "Turbo model with 6 speed auto way to go!"

Cons: "Getting slightly less on mpg's then expected."

"I have the 1lt, with the RS and fun/sun package with the moonroof and upgraded sound system. This is a great car to drive, love the 6 speed automatic transmission, very smooth and very quite car overall. Chevy MyLink 7 in. touch screen nice and back up camera is awesome. Great looks and styling upgraded interiors make this car look more expensive then it really is. Safe with 10 air bags. Good on gas and insurance rates."