2011 Chevrolet Cruze

8.4

Based on 453 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Rxcellent Road Transportation

By on Sunday, February 22, 2015

Pros: "very economical to drive with comfort"

Cons: "blindspots but sensors alert to avoid collision"

"This was an early release Chevrolet Cruze Diesel. I purchased it in May 2013. I dive this car for work and mostly on highways. My average MPG is 47 and cost 5-8 cents a mile for fuel cost. On one trip to Louisiana I got 50 MPG over a distance of 797 miles. It is comfortable on long trips. In my opinion, this vehicle best the Volkswagon TDI since dealerships are abundant for service. It is a pity that Chevrolet has not made this car's presence known in its commercial advertisements. I have had one recall which was handled promptly. There have been no significant issues with engine or drive train. I have enjoyed owning it."

Afraid to use it because of defect letters from GM

By on Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Pros: "Looks nice"

Cons: "Unreliable"

"I leased this car for the MPG and to transport my mother around. It is comfortable and well designed. However, with the recall for axles, I was told by my service rep "use it as little as possible until the parts are available and it is fixed". This took 6 months waiting on parts. I parked the car and made other arrangements for my mother. Since that time I have received 5 letters from GM advising me of various defects; which GM has no intention of fixing "until they occur"; some of which are overheating, loss of power steering, loss of lights, leaking coolant, bad battery connection; all of which are simple fixes, but have diminished my confidence in whether or not this car will break down on me and leave me stranded unable to get to where I'm going or get me back home. This is why it only has 7000 miles on it, in 18 months, and has been serviced only once, based upon time verses mileage. It is also why I am looking at trading it in for another brand of car, even if it costs me a bunch of money to get out of. The worst part for me is in 44years of driving all 37 of my vehicles have been GM."

pile of junk

By on Sunday, February 15, 2015

Pros: "good sound system."

Cons: "cheap interior; visibility stinks; underpowered"

"the reason i have a measly 57K is that this joke has spent entirely too much time in several dealerships for recalls/repairs. based on this vehicle, i will NEVER purchase another GM product"

The Cruz's transmission is a clunker

By on Sunday, February 15, 2015

Pros: "Like the styling"

Cons: "No trunk release inside"

"Cosmetics are all okay but the performance of the tranny on this model is subpar. In comparison to other compact models' smooth shifting the Cruz transmission is a clunker. Its slow to respond to sudden acceleration from a dead stop; downshifts during a rolling stop result in a jerky acceleration, and a noticeable lag time between shifts during normal acceleration."

Cruze LTZ- Week long loaner

By on Wednesday, February 11, 2015

I don't own this car

Pros: "Small car can fit large driver"

Cons: "Cup-holder is right where armrest should be"

"I'm 6'5 and this is the car I drove when my car(an 03 Focus) went in for serious engine work. The car seemed about the same size on the outside as my focus but seemed to have far more space and amenities then my car. Obviously it's 10yrs newer then mine but I hardly even used most the features that my current car doesn't have. Had remote start, which I didn't use even though it's winter because I'm gas conscious and don't have it outside for more then 12hrs, but it'd be a plus for someone w/o garage parking. Was an automatic vs my stick-shift and had that natural instinct to want to change gears(accidentally put it in neutral a couple time). With a free hand though I now see how so many people want to text/call while driving, which could be a bad thing. Far more options though in the main cd/display area. Felt very close to an old-mans car. Put a v6 in it and have every seat add-on option to make it just sail like the toyota avalon. But it this is definitely a nice car option for any more environmentally friendly folks. Had all the things for tech-savy people, good gas mileage for eco-friendly people, and plenty of extras to make it Your chevy cruze."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Cruze near Honolulu. See local deals