2014 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $53,358 - $55,381.

10/8.2

9.8

Based on 40 Ratings for the 2014 - 2016 models.

9.8/10
    9.7/10
    9.8/10
Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

My 4th Vette.Best one yet.

By on Tuesday, February 03, 2015

Pros: "It's lives up to the hype."

Cons: "Too minor to dwell on."

"Limerock Green with Kalahari interior brings oohs and ahs from most who see it. Incredible acceleration and handling.Excellent braking.It's an incredibly beautiful machine.GM finally put in an interior that befits a car of this stature. A minor complaint-if you use the automatic memory seating and the easy exit features together, it is difficult to get into the car. I solved the problem by using two different settings. When you unlock the car, the memory setting automatically uses the #1 setting, so I made this setting the exact same position as the easy exit position. Once I'm in the car, I push the #2 memory setting button and I'm ready to go,A small inconvenience but,all in all,well worth the trouble."

By on Sunday, July 06, 2014

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Nothing"

"I have owned many Corvettes and performance cars over the years but this is, hands down, the best. The build quality is exceptional as are the materials used. Carbon fiber at this price? The stitched leather interior is beautiful and the fit and finish is comparable to cars costing 3 times as much. A absolute blast to drive on winding roads and on the open, flat, and straight roads here in Nevada you can let it stretch its legs and feel the power. A wonderful car!!!"

Greatest Vette Yet... but hold on.

By on Sunday, March 02, 2014

Reason: Headroom

Pros: "improved Interior quality, MAGNETIC RIDE CONTROL"

Cons: "Headroom, or location of bar in coupe."

"I had a 2006 Z06, and This car was great, With the Z51 package, performance exhaust and Magnetic ride control, There is so much control of the car, Want a Track starter car, Hit track and Boom... stiff suspension, Opens the exhaust and, makes the shifting pop. Want softer, more pleasant cross country car, shift to touring and makes the bumps more friendly. BUT!!! - Tall guys beware (I'm 6'3")! If you put the competition seats on the car, YOU WILL BANG YOUR HEAD ON THE ROOF BAR. You end up in one of two modes, Seat slid back and 90* vertical my hair would graze the pop top, or scooted forward 6" and leaned back to get behind the bar. If it would have gone down an inch or two more I would still have this, but with two hard bumps and a speed bump headache, it had to go. could not make it work. with the high demand, I sold it for almost what I paid, just had to eat the taxes. PLUS with the Z06 coming up, Im thinking about getting a custom sport seat in it to solve my problems and adding 200 hp to the car."

The best Corvette ever

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "Price, power, precise control, luxurious interior"

Cons: "Doesn't fold your laundry for you"

The Stingray comes home for the first time

"As a previous Corvette owner, I always love the cars, but always look past the shortcomings. Notably, the interiors. No longer! The new C7 (2014 Corvette Stingray) hits the highest marks on every measure, both inside and out. Every drive is a complete joy. It's hard to believe the car is so vastly improved from previous models, while retaining its incredibly reasonable price. Honestly, I never thought I would own a Corvette of such high build quality and materials. And I haven't even mentioned the performance, which is just phenomenal. I pretty much checked all the options boxes, so it's loaded up with all the performance goodies, including Z51 package, the magnetic shocks, 7-speed manual transmission, and performance exhaust. The Stingray likes to go fast, and there is no point in the RPM range where it struggles. The sheer power at your command is matched only by the incredible sound produced by the performance exhaust. Which, by the way, you can open up to its maximum volume level with a simple option selection on the touch screen menu. Every where I go, people are turning their heads, taking pictures, and asking questions. The car is an absolute stunner. The other day two cops pulled me over just to admire the car. The public attention may fade over time as more Stingrays hit the roads, but then again, maybe not."

The Stingray comes home for the first time

The C7 Corvette is worthy of it's high ratings.

By on Saturday, April 25, 2015

Pros: "Unbelievable performance in a car that looks great"

Cons: "Slightly worse gas mileage than the C6."

Embroidery on Sun Screen 2015 Corvette

"I have a 2015 Z51 in crystal red with black wheels. The interior is a medium brown leather (Kahlari) with the upgraded StingRay mats. This car is a conversation piece wherever I go. People pull up next to me to give the thumbs up, hang out the window yelling how much they love it, to take a picture or to try to get me into a race. Note the embroidered stingray I had done on the back window sun shade. I scanned a stingray image, had it printed on black cloth, made a frame to stretch out the sun shade on a work bench where I sewed it in. We picked a thread to match the color of the car. Do get the Z51 package and the LT3 upgrade. This is my third Corvette and Chevy hit a home run."

Embroidery on Sun Screen 2015 Corvette

This is an amazing car @ any price

By on Monday, May 19, 2014

Pros: "Performace, Fit and Finish, Interior, reliability"

Cons: "Can't hide in it. It draws a crowd anywhere you go"

@ the track

"This is an amazing car. It used to be praised for it's value. Performance vs price, but I must say this in an amazing car at any price. I traded in a 2012 BMW 650 for my 14 vette. This car's fit and finish is just as good. Or course the performance of the bette far exceeds the BMW. I use tis car as a daily driver 12,500 miles in 7 moths. Doesn't burn a bit of oil MPG ave is 21.5 and that included 2 full days @ the track! This car is amazing I wouldn't trade it for anything less than z new Z06."

@ the track

What an impressive car, Z51 3LT Convertible

By on Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Pros: "Great driving car with loads of power"

"I have over 3,000 miles on the car. We just got back from 1,000 mile trip up the Calif. coast and what a joy it was to drive. In the touring mode it has the ride of my BMW and the power to play at almost any speed. The 7 speed shifter is a little vauge at first, but easy to get used too. I highly recommend getting the magnetic suspension option,You can go from a great smooth ride to track mode instantly. I replaced my NSX with the C7 and could not be more satisfied. I paid MSRP but had to shop different dealers to get that price. Most wanted a mark up. If your going to buy one, you won't regreat it. We had to order the car to get the options we wanted, but it was worth the wait."

First Corvette I have owned. So far LOVE it.

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Pros: "Great price on car, $4000 off MSRP."

Cons: "None so far."

"Purchased in NH, so had a 900 mile drive to put it in my garage in NC. Got many thumbs up and pictures out their car windows along the way. Drives and rides great. Took the best pot holes NY and PA could throw at it well. Still learning all the bells and whistle's. Nav system is not as user friendly as my portable Garmin but still in the learning mode. Looking forward to spring and summer road trip in my Night Racing Blue Corvette."

Best sports car value ever

By on Friday, July 31, 2015

Pros: "styling power handling, gas milage"

Cons: "some interior finishes, trunk release placement,"

"What a change from my 50 year old 1964 stingray. very few complaints. Hatch release button is in a place that often gets hit by my knee on entry or exit. Some of the interior finish still needs to be higher quality, especially any part that is touched. Steering wheel needs to be flat bottom for easier entry exit. Steering column needs to automatically raise when engine is shut off again for easier entry exit. This is an unbelievable car for the price. I have the base LT1 with automatic and after dealer discount I paid under $51,000. Got $100,000 worth of car!"

Stingray Z51 3LT Owner for 9 Months

By on Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Pros: "Rivals others 2-3 times the cost."

Cons: "Wish all cars offered this much value."

"In May 2014 I started looking for a new sports car, NEW TO ME, it did not necessarily have to be brand new. Did I have a budget? I was willing to spend up to 150K. So I looked at used Porsche 911T's, New 911 Non-Turbo, Cayman S, Used Ferrari Modena's, Used Lamborghini Gallardo's. I NEVER, EVER thought about considering a Corvette. I test drove all the other cars before I drove the Stingray. And as expected, they were all very nice, fast, head turners. Everything you'd expect. There were pro's and cons to each. The Gallardo's I felt, were a little rough for my taste but very fast, the Ferrari Modena was great but once you see the 458 and drive the 458, the Modena just didn't feel right for me. But again, a very nice car to say the least. Then I was going through my Auto Subscriptions and saw so much good press the Stingray was receiving. So I thought, "What will it hurt to go look at?" Now, I was kind of jaded when it came to Corvettes. My perception was always, good looking, fast in a straight line, loved by red necks, overall a good looking sports car with no attention to detail given to the interior. As I entered the showroom the lines of the car were not given justice in the magazine pics. As with anything in life, you need to experience it for yourself. Then, I sat in it and was blown away. Needless to say by the title, I bought the car the next day. The economics, looks, feel, drive quality, warranty just made sense. I also thought at the time, I'm not as self conscious/showboating driving this car. Boy, I was wrong with that assumption. I haven't been out one time where I've not received attention. I get stories from real people, ones that tell me about when themselves/friend/ relative owned one. I can't deny that on the track, the Porsche handles better, but almost at double the price you have to really love the engineering (and I have a Masters in Engineering) and the Porsche heritage. I went in sure I'd buy a Porsche. Had those comparison magazines not been in my house I might be writing a very similar review for the Porsche. In the end, I love the Stingray, it works for me but that's not to say the other cars wouldn't be a better choice for someone else. Just do not discount it and not test drive because of what your perception might be. I now am looking at 2008 Porsche 911 Turbo's as another car and the way I see it I'll get 2 very awesome cars for 150k."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next