2014 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $57,628 - $59,537.

10/8.2

9.8

Based on 30 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

10.0/10
    10.0/10
    9.7/10

OMG

By on Sunday, February 22, 2015

Pros: "So powerful it's literally terrifying to drive-"

Cons: "So powerful it's literally terrifying to drive-"

Love ar first sight

"This vehicle is so powerful- so overwhelming- It's like nothing I've ever driven- absolutely in a league of its own. OMG- I had no idea. "The Corvette is a hugely visceral and exciting car that inevitably makes you exclaim some four letter word""

Love ar first sight

A new classic - with some curious design choices

By on Monday, February 09, 2015

Pros: "A new American Classic."

Cons: "Listed in my review"

"I own a Shark Gray 2015 Corvette Stingray LT3 convertible with 8 speed automatic and the ZF1 package. In my opinion the 2015 model Corvette is the very best yet made and is sure to be a classic. I won't repeat all of the positives pointed out in other reviews, but would like to list some of the design options that are not included (and I would like to have had). 1. Lack of a heated steering wheel. Come on, the convertible has heated and cooled seats, but no heated steering wheel? It's not even available as an option! 2. Hmm, no active cruise control or lane change assist in this state of the art rocket ship?. 3. I miss my CD/DVD player that was on my C6 corvette. I like to watch DVD"s during my lunch break. Can't do this anymore. A CD/DVD player is not an option, and there is no way to attach a DVD (or bluray) player through the included USB ports. 4. The included back up camera is excellent, and a welcome addition, especially in the convertible with its very restricted rear view when backing up. Why was a sonar system left out? My wife's Volt has both, and the combination works great to avoid backing into other cars or objects. 5. The C6 mirror had taps that allowed a radar detector to be mounted directly on the mirror and tapped in to the mirror for power. This avoided a dangling detector power cable. The C7 mirror is very nice, but lacks a power tap. There is a 3rd party mirror mount for the C7, but in my opinion is useless because the power cable has to dangle down to the well placed power tap in the center dash. I ended up mounting my radar detector low down on the window, with the cable dropping down through the passenger hand hold opening to the power tap. Looks just fine. 6. Storing phone numbers by voice is a bit awkward. In my wife's Volt, the included OnStar system helpfully allows stored numbers to use OnStar if her cell bluetooth is not on, but will default to the phone bluetooth if it is on to avoid using OnStar minutes. The Vette's built in phone number storage is separate from the included OnStar system, so you have to store phone numbers both through the voice system in the car, and the OnStar mirror button for the OnStar system. (If there is a way to combine the two, I have not yet found it). 7. Great care must be taken when parking this car, due to the very long front end style elements. It's easy to scrape the front bumper on a curb. GM helpfully points this out in the owner's manual, but a sonar curb warning system would have been welcome and nice. 8. The ZF1 package is very nice. My car is otherwise loaded, but I do wish it had the Z51 performance package for the magnetic ride control option. Unless you order your car from the factory, this option is not common on 2015 Vettes on dealer lots. 9. Although I'm sure the back up camera is disabled while driving forward for safety reasons, it would be nice to have the option of having this on all of the time while driving. Rear visibility in the convertible is very restricted with the top up, especially if a high rear spoiler is on the car. At night I can barely tell if a car is close to my rear, since I can't see the following cars headlights (I just see the top of the vehicle). Rear visibility is good with the top down. 10. The heads up display appears to be slightly rotated to the right when viewed while driving. My GM dealer told me this was a common observation, but was not a design defect. Looks a bit odd though, and something that should be able to be fixed. 11. The car does have a nifty road speed limit indicator, which is tied in through the nav package. However, it is buried in the display options and seems to have been added by Johnson Controls almost as an afterthought. Shouldn't this option be able to be displayed on the heads up display? Having to scroll down to see this makes it almost useless. My former BMW displayed speed limits on its heads up display as a default, which was very useful. 11. Almost no vehicles now on the road have Apple CarPlay available. I've read that this may be available later on the C7 as a software upgrade. This will be a very helpful addition to the car's infotainment system. Overall, I score this car a 9.6/10. I really love my Corvette and enjoy driving it on a daily basis. The above fixes would rank it a perfect 10/10 in my book."

This Vette is a gift at the sticker price posted

By on Saturday, February 07, 2015

Pros: "This is a Chevy gift at it's price structure"

Cons: "Electronic steering is like a Checy Malibu."

"I have owned this Velocity Yellow 2014, C7, LT2 for 16 months and it is a totally different acceleration car than what was delivered on October 2013, At around the 9,000 mile mark I noticed a significant performance improvement in acceleration and quickness and exhaust note. Usually in new cars I see this at 3K miles if at all. The car is unbelievably responsive on the throttle expression. C7 owners keep chiropractors' in business, this car turns heads to neck injury in every environment. Only down side is the electronic steering. It feels like a Chevy Malibu, what happened to rack and pinion feel of the road? By the way.... Talk about endurance, Corvette won the race for the GTLM class at the 24 hours at Daytona 2015. Night Night BMW, Porsche, Ferrari, Viper, Austin Martin."

8th vette; they all turn heads, this one spins 'em

By on Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Pros: "looks, power, handling, economy 31 hwy"

Cons: "seat a tad narrow"

in my glory

"My vote for best car ever made. Top of the line in looks, power, handling, and economy. Where can you find a 460 hp car that gets 31 highway. Mine is over a year old and people still gauck, take pictures, wave, applaud at it everywhere I go. It's a rockstar."

in my glory

My 4th Vette.Best one yet.

By on Tuesday, February 03, 2015

Pros: "It's lives up to the hype."

Cons: "Too minor to dwell on."

"Limerock Green with Kalahari interior brings oohs and ahs from most who see it. Incredible acceleration and handling.Excellent braking.It's an incredibly beautiful machine.GM finally put in an interior that befits a car of this stature. A minor complaint-if you use the automatic memory seating and the easy exit features together, it is difficult to get into the car. I solved the problem by using two different settings. When you unlock the car, the memory setting automatically uses the #1 setting, so I made this setting the exact same position as the easy exit position. Once I'm in the car, I push the #2 memory setting button and I'm ready to go,A small inconvenience but,all in all,well worth the trouble."