• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $53,735 - $55,572.

10/8.2

9.8

Based on 38 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

9.8/10
    9.7/10
    9.8/10
Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Remarkable!

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Pros: "Great Price. Everyone stares as you go by..."

Cons: "Chocking on wheels at parking lot speed."

"Car is worth waiting for! NY weather keeps me from driving it! Only have 218 miles on the car. Only bothersome item is that when you turn the wheels very slowly from end to end, you get a chocking on the wheels and a noise that makes you think the car broke down. Automotive News commented on this, and the owner's manual in two lines, dismisses this as normal. (Normal but scary)."

Looking for top of the food chain performance?

By on Saturday, March 21, 2015

Pros: "Super car performance at 1/2 competition's price."

Cons: "Poor paint quality, cheap leather quality."

"Anyone that doesn't love this car's performance & handling hasn't driven one! I was a die hard previous (C6) generation Corvette owner, & I still love the C6 styling more, but this C7 generation Z06 is better in just about every performance metric, is easier to handle, more comfortable, quiet, and is much more responsive. I think GM unwittingly built one of the best GT cars at any price. It is an excellent Daily Driver, touring, drag race, road race, canyon carver, show car, etc. It is very comfortable, so smooth, so powerful, so technologically advanced, and maintains the fun factor while being able to be driven by anyone's granny. Things I don't like are the paint, which is rife with orange peel (I Xpel'd 2/3rds of the car), the removable roof, which creaks, and I just don't like the rear end styling. I looked very hard at the Viper, GTR, and Porsche GTS (2011-2012), but in the end, I would not have been as happy overall, in terms of comfort, brute force, appearance, technology, and low maintenance costs. I have zero regrets buying this car at MSRP, and I would say at this early juncture, it is the best car I've ever owned taking into context all the pluses and minuses. The power is there, especially the 650 ft. lbs of torque (@3600 rpm), when you want it, but if you just want to putt around it is very smooth and well mannered. The valve train, is quiet as is the super charger,and the car is more configurable for the driver's preference than most of the competition. My favorite features are the rev matching, color heads up display, the competition seats (with heat & cooling), the configurable driver displays, configurable exhaust and suspension settings."

A new classic - with some curious design choices

By on Monday, February 09, 2015

Pros: "A new American Classic."

Cons: "Listed in my review"

"I own a Shark Gray 2015 Corvette Stingray LT3 convertible with 8 speed automatic and the ZF1 package. In my opinion the 2015 model Corvette is the very best yet made and is sure to be a classic. I won't repeat all of the positives pointed out in other reviews, but would like to list some of the design options that are not included (and I would like to have had). 1. Lack of a heated steering wheel. Come on, the convertible has heated and cooled seats, but no heated steering wheel? It's not even available as an option! 2. Hmm, no active cruise control or lane change assist in this state of the art rocket ship?. 3. I miss my CD/DVD player that was on my C6 corvette. I like to watch DVD"s during my lunch break. Can't do this anymore. A CD/DVD player is not an option, and there is no way to attach a DVD (or bluray) player through the included USB ports. 4. The included back up camera is excellent, and a welcome addition, especially in the convertible with its very restricted rear view when backing up. Why was a sonar system left out? My wife's Volt has both, and the combination works great to avoid backing into other cars or objects. 5. The C6 mirror had taps that allowed a radar detector to be mounted directly on the mirror and tapped in to the mirror for power. This avoided a dangling detector power cable. The C7 mirror is very nice, but lacks a power tap. There is a 3rd party mirror mount for the C7, but in my opinion is useless because the power cable has to dangle down to the well placed power tap in the center dash. I ended up mounting my radar detector low down on the window, with the cable dropping down through the passenger hand hold opening to the power tap. Looks just fine. 6. Storing phone numbers by voice is a bit awkward. In my wife's Volt, the included OnStar system helpfully allows stored numbers to use OnStar if her cell bluetooth is not on, but will default to the phone bluetooth if it is on to avoid using OnStar minutes. The Vette's built in phone number storage is separate from the included OnStar system, so you have to store phone numbers both through the voice system in the car, and the OnStar mirror button for the OnStar system. (If there is a way to combine the two, I have not yet found it). 7. Great care must be taken when parking this car, due to the very long front end style elements. It's easy to scrape the front bumper on a curb. GM helpfully points this out in the owner's manual, but a sonar curb warning system would have been welcome and nice. 8. The ZF1 package is very nice. My car is otherwise loaded, but I do wish it had the Z51 performance package for the magnetic ride control option. Unless you order your car from the factory, this option is not common on 2015 Vettes on dealer lots. 9. Although I'm sure the back up camera is disabled while driving forward for safety reasons, it would be nice to have the option of having this on all of the time while driving. Rear visibility in the convertible is very restricted with the top up, especially if a high rear spoiler is on the car. At night I can barely tell if a car is close to my rear, since I can't see the following cars headlights (I just see the top of the vehicle). Rear visibility is good with the top down. 10. The heads up display appears to be slightly rotated to the right when viewed while driving. My GM dealer told me this was a common observation, but was not a design defect. Looks a bit odd though, and something that should be able to be fixed. 11. The car does have a nifty road speed limit indicator, which is tied in through the nav package. However, it is buried in the display options and seems to have been added by Johnson Controls almost as an afterthought. Shouldn't this option be able to be displayed on the heads up display? Having to scroll down to see this makes it almost useless. My former BMW displayed speed limits on its heads up display as a default, which was very useful. 11. Almost no vehicles now on the road have Apple CarPlay available. I've read that this may be available later on the C7 as a software upgrade. This will be a very helpful addition to the car's infotainment system. Overall, I score this car a 9.6/10. I really love my Corvette and enjoy driving it on a daily basis. The above fixes would rank it a perfect 10/10 in my book."

I love this car!

By on Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Pros: "Everything!"

Cons: "Nothing!"

My Little Red Corvette

"I absolutely LOVE this car! This is my first corvette. I traded it in my BMW 335i convertible. This car puts my BMW to shame. I'm not sure why I didn't trade it in sooner. This car definitely turns heads and makes otherwise unfriendly people very friendly. I love the handling and acceleration. The gas mileage is phenomenal! I'm only having to fill up once a week. The car is beautiful inside and out and so much fun to drive. If you're thinking about purchasing one, do it! It's the best car I've ever owned."

My Little Red Corvette

Great Performance Vehicle

By on Sunday, November 23, 2014

Pros: "Excellent handling and cornering"

Cons: "Limited visibility when backing up"

"Love this car. Lives up to the hype and reviews. I have the 2014 Z51 Convertible Premier package. Only 550 built with this package. Completely satisfied with the performance, handling and responsiveness of the car. This is my 3rd corvette, still have a C2 Convertible, but sold my C6 Grands Sport to buy this one. Not disappointed at all. The difference between the C6 & C7 is drastic. The engineers did a fantastic job on a complete redesign. Make sure to get the Z51 Package, it is well worth the extra cash and will add to the experience of a true sports car. This car is the absolute best value for a sleek looking high HP car. More HP for the dollar than any other car on the market. You won't be disappointed"

great looks, great ride,power,handling

By on Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Pros: "Best sports car"

Cons: "7th gear not great power"

"It catches everyone's eye. Superior performance especially at the road track."

8th vette; they all turn heads, this one spins 'em

By on Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Pros: "looks, power, handling, economy 31 hwy"

Cons: "seat a tad narrow"

in my glory

"My vote for best car ever made. Top of the line in looks, power, handling, and economy. Where can you find a 460 hp car that gets 31 highway. Mine is over a year old and people still gauck, take pictures, wave, applaud at it everywhere I go. It's a rockstar."

in my glory

No comparison with anything twice the price

By on Monday, December 08, 2014

"Best value of any sports car ever."

Defines cool

By on Thursday, January 22, 2015

Pros: "You get more than you pay for"

"I have had head turning cars my whole life, but nothing compares to this. People take pictures of it, want pictures sitting in it, give thumbs up on the open road, and just smile and point. This is simply a game-changer. The value for the money is incredible. The technology is amazing, and the feeling of owning it is not something that I can describe."

Best Car I have ever owned

By on Friday, January 02, 2015

Pros: "Outstanding"

"I have owned 2009 Porsche 911 Turbo, 2009 Mercedes Benz SL 550 and 2012 Porsche Panamera and this Corvette takes a backseat to none of them."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next