• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $50,130 - $51,833.

10/8.2

9.8

Based on 37 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

9.8/10
    9.7/10
    9.8/10

The C7 Corvette is worthy of it's high ratings.

By on Saturday, April 25, 2015

Pros: "Unbelievable performance in a car that looks great"

Cons: "Slightly worse gas mileage than the C6."

Embroidery on Sun Screen 2015 Corvette

"I have a 2015 Z51 in crystal red with black wheels. The interior is a medium brown leather (Kahlari) with the upgraded StingRay mats. This car is a conversation piece wherever I go. People pull up next to me to give the thumbs up, hang out the window yelling how much they love it, to take a picture or to try to get me into a race. Note the embroidered stingray I had done on the back window sun shade. I scanned a stingray image, had it printed on black cloth, made a frame to stretch out the sun shade on a work bench where I sewed it in. We picked a thread to match the color of the car. Do get the Z51 package and the LT3 upgrade. This is my third Corvette and Chevy hit a home run."

Embroidery on Sun Screen 2015 Corvette

By on Sunday, July 06, 2014

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Nothing"

"I have owned many Corvettes and performance cars over the years but this is, hands down, the best. The build quality is exceptional as are the materials used. Carbon fiber at this price? The stitched leather interior is beautiful and the fit and finish is comparable to cars costing 3 times as much. A absolute blast to drive on winding roads and on the open, flat, and straight roads here in Nevada you can let it stretch its legs and feel the power. A wonderful car!!!"

My 4th Vette.Best one yet.

By on Tuesday, February 03, 2015

Pros: "It's lives up to the hype."

Cons: "Too minor to dwell on."

"Limerock Green with Kalahari interior brings oohs and ahs from most who see it. Incredible acceleration and handling.Excellent braking.It's an incredibly beautiful machine.GM finally put in an interior that befits a car of this stature. A minor complaint-if you use the automatic memory seating and the easy exit features together, it is difficult to get into the car. I solved the problem by using two different settings. When you unlock the car, the memory setting automatically uses the #1 setting, so I made this setting the exact same position as the easy exit position. Once I'm in the car, I push the #2 memory setting button and I'm ready to go,A small inconvenience but,all in all,well worth the trouble."

The best Corvette ever

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "Price, power, precise control, luxurious interior"

Cons: "Doesn't fold your laundry for you"

The Stingray comes home for the first time

"As a previous Corvette owner, I always love the cars, but always look past the shortcomings. Notably, the interiors. No longer! The new C7 (2014 Corvette Stingray) hits the highest marks on every measure, both inside and out. Every drive is a complete joy. It's hard to believe the car is so vastly improved from previous models, while retaining its incredibly reasonable price. Honestly, I never thought I would own a Corvette of such high build quality and materials. And I haven't even mentioned the performance, which is just phenomenal. I pretty much checked all the options boxes, so it's loaded up with all the performance goodies, including Z51 package, the magnetic shocks, 7-speed manual transmission, and performance exhaust. The Stingray likes to go fast, and there is no point in the RPM range where it struggles. The sheer power at your command is matched only by the incredible sound produced by the performance exhaust. Which, by the way, you can open up to its maximum volume level with a simple option selection on the touch screen menu. Every where I go, people are turning their heads, taking pictures, and asking questions. The car is an absolute stunner. The other day two cops pulled me over just to admire the car. The public attention may fade over time as more Stingrays hit the roads, but then again, maybe not."

The Stingray comes home for the first time

Greatest Vette Yet... but hold on.

By on Sunday, March 02, 2014

Reason: Headroom

Pros: "improved Interior quality, MAGNETIC RIDE CONTROL"

Cons: "Headroom, or location of bar in coupe."

"I had a 2006 Z06, and This car was great, With the Z51 package, performance exhaust and Magnetic ride control, There is so much control of the car, Want a Track starter car, Hit track and Boom... stiff suspension, Opens the exhaust and, makes the shifting pop. Want softer, more pleasant cross country car, shift to touring and makes the bumps more friendly. BUT!!! - Tall guys beware (I'm 6'3")! If you put the competition seats on the car, YOU WILL BANG YOUR HEAD ON THE ROOF BAR. You end up in one of two modes, Seat slid back and 90* vertical my hair would graze the pop top, or scooted forward 6" and leaned back to get behind the bar. If it would have gone down an inch or two more I would still have this, but with two hard bumps and a speed bump headache, it had to go. could not make it work. with the high demand, I sold it for almost what I paid, just had to eat the taxes. PLUS with the Z06 coming up, Im thinking about getting a custom sport seat in it to solve my problems and adding 200 hp to the car."

What an impressive car, Z51 3LT Convertible

By on Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Pros: "Great driving car with loads of power"

"I have over 3,000 miles on the car. We just got back from 1,000 mile trip up the Calif. coast and what a joy it was to drive. In the touring mode it has the ride of my BMW and the power to play at almost any speed. The 7 speed shifter is a little vauge at first, but easy to get used too. I highly recommend getting the magnetic suspension option,You can go from a great smooth ride to track mode instantly. I replaced my NSX with the C7 and could not be more satisfied. I paid MSRP but had to shop different dealers to get that price. Most wanted a mark up. If your going to buy one, you won't regreat it. We had to order the car to get the options we wanted, but it was worth the wait."

First Corvette I have owned. So far LOVE it.

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Pros: "Great price on car, $4000 off MSRP."

Cons: "None so far."

"Purchased in NH, so had a 900 mile drive to put it in my garage in NC. Got many thumbs up and pictures out their car windows along the way. Drives and rides great. Took the best pot holes NY and PA could throw at it well. Still learning all the bells and whistle's. Nav system is not as user friendly as my portable Garmin but still in the learning mode. Looking forward to spring and summer road trip in my Night Racing Blue Corvette."

This is an amazing car @ any price

By on Monday, May 19, 2014

Pros: "Performace, Fit and Finish, Interior, reliability"

Cons: "Can't hide in it. It draws a crowd anywhere you go"

@ the track

"This is an amazing car. It used to be praised for it's value. Performance vs price, but I must say this in an amazing car at any price. I traded in a 2012 BMW 650 for my 14 vette. This car's fit and finish is just as good. Or course the performance of the bette far exceeds the BMW. I use tis car as a daily driver 12,500 miles in 7 moths. Doesn't burn a bit of oil MPG ave is 21.5 and that included 2 full days @ the track! This car is amazing I wouldn't trade it for anything less than z new Z06."

@ the track

Great Sports Car

By on Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Pros: "style, power, overall performance, drivability, pl"

Cons: "begs to be driven hard"

"I've owned my C7 for over 1 year now and I'm glad to report that it's STILL a great car! Absolutely NO PROBLEMS at all. Still runs great and looks great. I'm still learning how to drive it through the different driving modes which impact acceleration progression, steering, suspension and a bunch of other things. I have the 6 speed with the paddle shifters. Lots of fun. Still stands out in the crowd. People walk by the Porsches (they all look alike) and ask me about the Vette. I would buy it all over again. I paid $60K for mine..tough to beat that performance for that price."

Best Sports Car Ever!!!

By on Thursday, November 13, 2014

"My daily driver is a Mercedes S550, which is supposed to be the best car on the road. Last month I purchased a 2014 3LT Z51 Stingray for my father. This Corvette has every luxury of my S550, but the looks and feel of any super car. I've been looking at Ferraris and Lambos for years, but have never pulled the trigger because none has ever felt right and the reliability just isn't there on these makes. Needless to say, after purchasing the Vette for my father, I'm looking into buying another one for myself. It is everything ANY car on the market is and more."

Leaps and bounds over the C6, in every way, period

By on Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Pros: "It's a rocket out of the corners! Very stable!"

Cons: "Attracts a lot of attention from people...LOL"

Our new baby stingray!

"The most highly criticized part of the C6 was the interior, which has been immensely improved for the C7. The seats are so much better, they actually inspire confidence in the handling of the car. I traded in my 2005 2LT base C6 which I had upgraded the brakes to Z06 brakes, and upgraded the wheels to spun forged aluminum - to acquire a 2015 3LT Z51 C7. No need to have the brakes or wheels upgraded on this new car! I can't say enough good things about this new Corvette - The wife and I absolutely love everything about it!"

Our new baby stingray!

Some benifits some draw backs

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

Pros: "Drop dead looks"

Cons: "Family sedan like steering, no CD player"

At Laguna Seca Raceway Dec 2013

"I had a 2007 coupe Z51. I loved it. In October I was delivered my new C7. On the down side: if you like the steering of a Chevy Malibu you will love the steering of the C7. There is no feel of the road it is soft and like driving a family sedan car. No CD audio player, not even as an option. The car is extremely quite with no deep throat V8 exhaust note. I miss the impressive roar of the Vette V8 but not with this car, again Malibu exhaust notes. On the up side: Exterior cutting edge body design. People take pictures and film me on the freeways. The interior is starting to approach a European class detailed environment. Performance is the 3 "F's" Fast. fast, fast. Gas mileage is off the charts, I took it on a 300 mile drive to Masda Laguna Seca Raceway and strictly highway driving I got 33.1 MPG and that was confirmed at the gas pump fill up"

At Laguna Seca Raceway Dec 2013

Best Vette so far

By on Sunday, December 29, 2013

Pros: "Overall driving experience, style, PRICE !!"

Cons: "none - so far -"

"I've owned my 2014 C7 for about 3 months now, but have only put on about 1,000 miles. But so far, they've been GREAT miles. The driving experience is superb. The acceleration, the grip, the cornering is what you hope for. I have been surprised by the 'refinement' of the car. It's very civilized in all of it's handling characteristics. ** If you think you want 1---GO BUY IT."

Stingray Z51 3LT Owner for 9 Months

By on Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Pros: "Rivals others 2-3 times the cost."

Cons: "Wish all cars offered this much value."

"In May 2014 I started looking for a new sports car, NEW TO ME, it did not necessarily have to be brand new. Did I have a budget? I was willing to spend up to 150K. So I looked at used Porsche 911T's, New 911 Non-Turbo, Cayman S, Used Ferrari Modena's, Used Lamborghini Gallardo's. I NEVER, EVER thought about considering a Corvette. I test drove all the other cars before I drove the Stingray. And as expected, they were all very nice, fast, head turners. Everything you'd expect. There were pro's and cons to each. The Gallardo's I felt, were a little rough for my taste but very fast, the Ferrari Modena was great but once you see the 458 and drive the 458, the Modena just didn't feel right for me. But again, a very nice car to say the least. Then I was going through my Auto Subscriptions and saw so much good press the Stingray was receiving. So I thought, "What will it hurt to go look at?" Now, I was kind of jaded when it came to Corvettes. My perception was always, good looking, fast in a straight line, loved by red necks, overall a good looking sports car with no attention to detail given to the interior. As I entered the showroom the lines of the car were not given justice in the magazine pics. As with anything in life, you need to experience it for yourself. Then, I sat in it and was blown away. Needless to say by the title, I bought the car the next day. The economics, looks, feel, drive quality, warranty just made sense. I also thought at the time, I'm not as self conscious/showboating driving this car. Boy, I was wrong with that assumption. I haven't been out one time where I've not received attention. I get stories from real people, ones that tell me about when themselves/friend/ relative owned one. I can't deny that on the track, the Porsche handles better, but almost at double the price you have to really love the engineering (and I have a Masters in Engineering) and the Porsche heritage. I went in sure I'd buy a Porsche. Had those comparison magazines not been in my house I might be writing a very similar review for the Porsche. In the end, I love the Stingray, it works for me but that's not to say the other cars wouldn't be a better choice for someone else. Just do not discount it and not test drive because of what your perception might be. I now am looking at 2008 Porsche 911 Turbo's as another car and the way I see it I'll get 2 very awesome cars for 150k."

Add a Smile To Your Face

By on Monday, February 02, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive, value, quality of build"

Cons: "Only cons are that I cannot drive it enough"

"From the moment you see the outstanding exterior design to the moment you open the door and see the quality of the interior you know the Corvette Stingray is something special. When you hit the start button and hear the throaty exhaust gurgling as you shift the transmission into gear. You experience immediate acceleration and come to the conclusion that this car holds the road like it is glued down. When your friends look at your car, regardless of their brand loyalty, there will be 100% agreement that this is a fantastic car. It will take a long time to wipe the smile off your face."

GREAT CAR!!!

By on Sunday, March 22, 2015

Pros: "looks, performance, electric top"

Cons: "back window visibility"

"This is my second Corvette.I still have my C5 Corvette, and when driving them back to back.The first thing I notice is the difference in suspension. The C7 is a lot less harsh over bumpy roads.There is also a huge acceleration difference.I love the new dash,and the ability to select the driving mode.Both of my Corvettes are convertibles.My c5 has a manual top.I can really appreciate the electric top on my c7. Plus it looks cool to drop the top while in traffic. It gives a added wow factor. My only gripe is that its hard to see out of the back window while backing up. The visibility on my c5 is way better, but I would guess thats where the c7 back up cam comes in.I love my new C7,and would recommend it to anyone who loves sports cars."

This Vette is a gift at the sticker price posted

By on Saturday, February 07, 2015

Pros: "This is a Chevy gift at it's price structure"

Cons: "Electronic steering is like a Checy Malibu."

"I have owned this Velocity Yellow 2014, C7, LT2 for 16 months and it is a totally different acceleration car than what was delivered on October 2013, At around the 9,000 mile mark I noticed a significant performance improvement in acceleration and quickness and exhaust note. Usually in new cars I see this at 3K miles if at all. The car is unbelievably responsive on the throttle expression. C7 owners keep chiropractors' in business, this car turns heads to neck injury in every environment. Only down side is the electronic steering. It feels like a Chevy Malibu, what happened to rack and pinion feel of the road? By the way.... Talk about endurance, Corvette won the race for the GTLM class at the 24 hours at Daytona 2015. Night Night BMW, Porsche, Ferrari, Viper, Austin Martin."

Wow, I love my triple Black Convertible

By on Friday, June 06, 2014

I own this car

Pros: "FUN, FUN, Fun"

Cons: "Wish the seat would go a little higher"

"This makes 17 or 18 Corvettes I have owned, I have owned all the old muscle cars (wish I still owned them),Old & new Camaro's, 396 Chevelle, 442 olds, Mustang Shelby Cobra Convertible , Trans Am's, etc., Cadillac CTS, By far this is the best most fun to drive car ever! It looks fantastic & draws a crowd of lookers every where I go. GM did a fantastic job on the 2014 Corvette Stingray convertible. I bought the triple black, & I love the heated & cooled leather seats with a Black car. If you get a chance buy one or at least test drive one."

Remarkable!

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Pros: "Great Price. Everyone stares as you go by..."

Cons: "Chocking on wheels at parking lot speed."

"Car is worth waiting for! NY weather keeps me from driving it! Only have 218 miles on the car. Only bothersome item is that when you turn the wheels very slowly from end to end, you get a chocking on the wheels and a noise that makes you think the car broke down. Automotive News commented on this, and the owner's manual in two lines, dismisses this as normal. (Normal but scary)."

Looking for top of the food chain performance?

By on Saturday, March 21, 2015

Pros: "Super car performance at 1/2 competition's price."

Cons: "Poor paint quality, cheap leather quality."

"Anyone that doesn't love this car's performance & handling hasn't driven one! I was a die hard previous (C6) generation Corvette owner, & I still love the C6 styling more, but this C7 generation Z06 is better in just about every performance metric, is easier to handle, more comfortable, quiet, and is much more responsive. I think GM unwittingly built one of the best GT cars at any price. It is an excellent Daily Driver, touring, drag race, road race, canyon carver, show car, etc. It is very comfortable, so smooth, so powerful, so technologically advanced, and maintains the fun factor while being able to be driven by anyone's granny. Things I don't like are the paint, which is rife with orange peel (I Xpel'd 2/3rds of the car), the removable roof, which creaks, and I just don't like the rear end styling. I looked very hard at the Viper, GTR, and Porsche GTS (2011-2012), but in the end, I would not have been as happy overall, in terms of comfort, brute force, appearance, technology, and low maintenance costs. I have zero regrets buying this car at MSRP, and I would say at this early juncture, it is the best car I've ever owned taking into context all the pluses and minuses. The power is there, especially the 650 ft. lbs of torque (@3600 rpm), when you want it, but if you just want to putt around it is very smooth and well mannered. The valve train, is quiet as is the super charger,and the car is more configurable for the driver's preference than most of the competition. My favorite features are the rev matching, color heads up display, the competition seats (with heat & cooling), the configurable driver displays, configurable exhaust and suspension settings."

A new classic - with some curious design choices

By on Monday, February 09, 2015

Pros: "A new American Classic."

Cons: "Listed in my review"

"I own a Shark Gray 2015 Corvette Stingray LT3 convertible with 8 speed automatic and the ZF1 package. In my opinion the 2015 model Corvette is the very best yet made and is sure to be a classic. I won't repeat all of the positives pointed out in other reviews, but would like to list some of the design options that are not included (and I would like to have had). 1. Lack of a heated steering wheel. Come on, the convertible has heated and cooled seats, but no heated steering wheel? It's not even available as an option! 2. Hmm, no active cruise control or lane change assist in this state of the art rocket ship?. 3. I miss my CD/DVD player that was on my C6 corvette. I like to watch DVD"s during my lunch break. Can't do this anymore. A CD/DVD player is not an option, and there is no way to attach a DVD (or bluray) player through the included USB ports. 4. The included back up camera is excellent, and a welcome addition, especially in the convertible with its very restricted rear view when backing up. Why was a sonar system left out? My wife's Volt has both, and the combination works great to avoid backing into other cars or objects. 5. The C6 mirror had taps that allowed a radar detector to be mounted directly on the mirror and tapped in to the mirror for power. This avoided a dangling detector power cable. The C7 mirror is very nice, but lacks a power tap. There is a 3rd party mirror mount for the C7, but in my opinion is useless because the power cable has to dangle down to the well placed power tap in the center dash. I ended up mounting my radar detector low down on the window, with the cable dropping down through the passenger hand hold opening to the power tap. Looks just fine. 6. Storing phone numbers by voice is a bit awkward. In my wife's Volt, the included OnStar system helpfully allows stored numbers to use OnStar if her cell bluetooth is not on, but will default to the phone bluetooth if it is on to avoid using OnStar minutes. The Vette's built in phone number storage is separate from the included OnStar system, so you have to store phone numbers both through the voice system in the car, and the OnStar mirror button for the OnStar system. (If there is a way to combine the two, I have not yet found it). 7. Great care must be taken when parking this car, due to the very long front end style elements. It's easy to scrape the front bumper on a curb. GM helpfully points this out in the owner's manual, but a sonar curb warning system would have been welcome and nice. 8. The ZF1 package is very nice. My car is otherwise loaded, but I do wish it had the Z51 performance package for the magnetic ride control option. Unless you order your car from the factory, this option is not common on 2015 Vettes on dealer lots. 9. Although I'm sure the back up camera is disabled while driving forward for safety reasons, it would be nice to have the option of having this on all of the time while driving. Rear visibility in the convertible is very restricted with the top up, especially if a high rear spoiler is on the car. At night I can barely tell if a car is close to my rear, since I can't see the following cars headlights (I just see the top of the vehicle). Rear visibility is good with the top down. 10. The heads up display appears to be slightly rotated to the right when viewed while driving. My GM dealer told me this was a common observation, but was not a design defect. Looks a bit odd though, and something that should be able to be fixed. 11. The car does have a nifty road speed limit indicator, which is tied in through the nav package. However, it is buried in the display options and seems to have been added by Johnson Controls almost as an afterthought. Shouldn't this option be able to be displayed on the heads up display? Having to scroll down to see this makes it almost useless. My former BMW displayed speed limits on its heads up display as a default, which was very useful. 11. Almost no vehicles now on the road have Apple CarPlay available. I've read that this may be available later on the C7 as a software upgrade. This will be a very helpful addition to the car's infotainment system. Overall, I score this car a 9.6/10. I really love my Corvette and enjoy driving it on a daily basis. The above fixes would rank it a perfect 10/10 in my book."

I love this car!

By on Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Pros: "Everything!"

Cons: "Nothing!"

My Little Red Corvette

"I absolutely LOVE this car! This is my first corvette. I traded it in my BMW 335i convertible. This car puts my BMW to shame. I'm not sure why I didn't trade it in sooner. This car definitely turns heads and makes otherwise unfriendly people very friendly. I love the handling and acceleration. The gas mileage is phenomenal! I'm only having to fill up once a week. The car is beautiful inside and out and so much fun to drive. If you're thinking about purchasing one, do it! It's the best car I've ever owned."

My Little Red Corvette

OMG

By on Sunday, February 22, 2015

Pros: "So powerful it's literally terrifying to drive-"

Cons: "So powerful it's literally terrifying to drive-"

Love ar first sight

"This vehicle is so powerful- so overwhelming- It's like nothing I've ever driven- absolutely in a league of its own. OMG- I had no idea. "The Corvette is a hugely visceral and exciting car that inevitably makes you exclaim some four letter word""

Love ar first sight

Great Performance Vehicle

By on Sunday, November 23, 2014

Pros: "Excellent handling and cornering"

Cons: "Limited visibility when backing up"

"Love this car. Lives up to the hype and reviews. I have the 2014 Z51 Convertible Premier package. Only 550 built with this package. Completely satisfied with the performance, handling and responsiveness of the car. This is my 3rd corvette, still have a C2 Convertible, but sold my C6 Grands Sport to buy this one. Not disappointed at all. The difference between the C6 & C7 is drastic. The engineers did a fantastic job on a complete redesign. Make sure to get the Z51 Package, it is well worth the extra cash and will add to the experience of a true sports car. This car is the absolute best value for a sleek looking high HP car. More HP for the dollar than any other car on the market. You won't be disappointed"

great looks, great ride,power,handling

By on Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Pros: "Best sports car"

Cons: "7th gear not great power"

"It catches everyone's eye. Superior performance especially at the road track."