• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $50,347 - $52,058.

10/8.2

9.8

Based on 35 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

9.8/10
    9.7/10
    9.8/10

The car is a beast,snaps your head with hard

By on Monday, April 27, 2015

Pros: "got a great deal,my daughter keeps asking why i dr"

Cons: "Lamenting that maybe I should have gotten the Z06."

"acceleration.If you don't pay attention you can get in trouble very quickly.Was going to get a 911 turbo glad I got the vette. Saved a lot of money with no lack of performance."

The C7 Corvette is worthy of it's high ratings.

By on Saturday, April 25, 2015

Pros: "Unbelievable performance in a car that looks great"

Cons: "Slightly worse gas mileage than the C6."

Embroidery on Sun Screen 2015 Corvette

"I have a 2015 Z51 in crystal red with black wheels. The interior is a medium brown leather (Kahlari) with the upgraded StingRay mats. This car is a conversation piece wherever I go. People pull up next to me to give the thumbs up, hang out the window yelling how much they love it, to take a picture or to try to get me into a race. Note the embroidered stingray I had done on the back window sun shade. I scanned a stingray image, had it printed on black cloth, made a frame to stretch out the sun shade on a work bench where I sewed it in. We picked a thread to match the color of the car. Do get the Z51 package and the LT3 upgrade. This is my third Corvette and Chevy hit a home run."

Embroidery on Sun Screen 2015 Corvette

GREAT CAR!!!

By on Sunday, March 22, 2015

Pros: "looks, performance, electric top"

Cons: "back window visibility"

"This is my second Corvette.I still have my C5 Corvette, and when driving them back to back.The first thing I notice is the difference in suspension. The C7 is a lot less harsh over bumpy roads.There is also a huge acceleration difference.I love the new dash,and the ability to select the driving mode.Both of my Corvettes are convertibles.My c5 has a manual top.I can really appreciate the electric top on my c7. Plus it looks cool to drop the top while in traffic. It gives a added wow factor. My only gripe is that its hard to see out of the back window while backing up. The visibility on my c5 is way better, but I would guess thats where the c7 back up cam comes in.I love my new C7,and would recommend it to anyone who loves sports cars."

Looking for top of the food chain performance?

By on Saturday, March 21, 2015

Pros: "Super car performance at 1/2 competition's price."

Cons: "Poor paint quality, cheap leather quality."

"Anyone that doesn't love this car's performance & handling hasn't driven one! I was a die hard previous (C6) generation Corvette owner, & I still love the C6 styling more, but this C7 generation Z06 is better in just about every performance metric, is easier to handle, more comfortable, quiet, and is much more responsive. I think GM unwittingly built one of the best GT cars at any price. It is an excellent Daily Driver, touring, drag race, road race, canyon carver, show car, etc. It is very comfortable, so smooth, so powerful, so technologically advanced, and maintains the fun factor while being able to be driven by anyone's granny. Things I don't like are the paint, which is rife with orange peel (I Xpel'd 2/3rds of the car), the removable roof, which creaks, and I just don't like the rear end styling. I looked very hard at the Viper, GTR, and Porsche GTS (2011-2012), but in the end, I would not have been as happy overall, in terms of comfort, brute force, appearance, technology, and low maintenance costs. I have zero regrets buying this car at MSRP, and I would say at this early juncture, it is the best car I've ever owned taking into context all the pluses and minuses. The power is there, especially the 650 ft. lbs of torque (@3600 rpm), when you want it, but if you just want to putt around it is very smooth and well mannered. The valve train, is quiet as is the super charger,and the car is more configurable for the driver's preference than most of the competition. My favorite features are the rev matching, color heads up display, the competition seats (with heat & cooling), the configurable driver displays, configurable exhaust and suspension settings."

Stingray Z51 3LT Owner for 9 Months

By on Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Pros: "Rivals others 2-3 times the cost."

Cons: "Wish all cars offered this much value."

"In May 2014 I started looking for a new sports car, NEW TO ME, it did not necessarily have to be brand new. Did I have a budget? I was willing to spend up to 150K. So I looked at used Porsche 911T's, New 911 Non-Turbo, Cayman S, Used Ferrari Modena's, Used Lamborghini Gallardo's. I NEVER, EVER thought about considering a Corvette. I test drove all the other cars before I drove the Stingray. And as expected, they were all very nice, fast, head turners. Everything you'd expect. There were pro's and cons to each. The Gallardo's I felt, were a little rough for my taste but very fast, the Ferrari Modena was great but once you see the 458 and drive the 458, the Modena just didn't feel right for me. But again, a very nice car to say the least. Then I was going through my Auto Subscriptions and saw so much good press the Stingray was receiving. So I thought, "What will it hurt to go look at?" Now, I was kind of jaded when it came to Corvettes. My perception was always, good looking, fast in a straight line, loved by red necks, overall a good looking sports car with no attention to detail given to the interior. As I entered the showroom the lines of the car were not given justice in the magazine pics. As with anything in life, you need to experience it for yourself. Then, I sat in it and was blown away. Needless to say by the title, I bought the car the next day. The economics, looks, feel, drive quality, warranty just made sense. I also thought at the time, I'm not as self conscious/showboating driving this car. Boy, I was wrong with that assumption. I haven't been out one time where I've not received attention. I get stories from real people, ones that tell me about when themselves/friend/ relative owned one. I can't deny that on the track, the Porsche handles better, but almost at double the price you have to really love the engineering (and I have a Masters in Engineering) and the Porsche heritage. I went in sure I'd buy a Porsche. Had those comparison magazines not been in my house I might be writing a very similar review for the Porsche. In the end, I love the Stingray, it works for me but that's not to say the other cars wouldn't be a better choice for someone else. Just do not discount it and not test drive because of what your perception might be. I now am looking at 2008 Porsche 911 Turbo's as another car and the way I see it I'll get 2 very awesome cars for 150k."