2014 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $50,709 - $52,420.

10/8.2

9.8

Based on 33 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

9.8/10
    9.9/10
    10.0/10
    9.9/10
    9.7/10
    9.8/10

GREAT CAR!!!

By on Sunday, March 22, 2015

Pros: "looks, performance, electric top"

Cons: "back window visibility"

"This is my second Corvette.I still have my C5 Corvette, and when driving them back to back.The first thing I notice is the difference in suspension. The C7 is a lot less harsh over bumpy roads.There is also a huge acceleration difference.I love the new dash,and the ability to select the driving mode.Both of my Corvettes are convertibles.My c5 has a manual top.I can really appreciate the electric top on my c7. Plus it looks cool to drop the top while in traffic. It gives a added wow factor. My only gripe is that its hard to see out of the back window while backing up. The visibility on my c5 is way better, but I would guess thats where the c7 back up cam comes in.I love my new C7,and would recommend it to anyone who loves sports cars."

Looking for top of the food chain performance?

By on Saturday, March 21, 2015

Pros: "Super car performance at 1/2 competition's price."

Cons: "Poor paint quality, cheap leather quality."

"Anyone that doesn't love this car's performance & handling hasn't driven one! I was a die hard previous (C6) generation Corvette owner, & I still love the C6 styling more, but this C7 generation Z06 is better in just about every performance metric, is easier to handle, more comfortable, quiet, and is much more responsive. I think GM unwittingly built one of the best GT cars at any price. It is an excellent Daily Driver, touring, drag race, road race, canyon carver, show car, etc. It is very comfortable, so smooth, so powerful, so technologically advanced, and maintains the fun factor while being able to be driven by anyone's granny. Things I don't like are the paint, which is rife with orange peel (I Xpel'd 2/3rds of the car), the removable roof, which creaks, and I just don't like the rear end styling. I looked very hard at the Viper, GTR, and Porsche GTS (2011-2012), but in the end, I would not have been as happy overall, in terms of comfort, brute force, appearance, technology, and low maintenance costs. I have zero regrets buying this car at MSRP, and I would say at this early juncture, it is the best car I've ever owned taking into context all the pluses and minuses. The power is there, especially the 650 ft. lbs of torque (@3600 rpm), when you want it, but if you just want to putt around it is very smooth and well mannered. The valve train, is quiet as is the super charger,and the car is more configurable for the driver's preference than most of the competition. My favorite features are the rev matching, color heads up display, the competition seats (with heat & cooling), the configurable driver displays, configurable exhaust and suspension settings."

Stingray Z51 3LT Owner for 9 Months

By on Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Pros: "Rivals others 2-3 times the cost."

Cons: "Wish all cars offered this much value."

"In May 2014 I started looking for a new sports car, NEW TO ME, it did not necessarily have to be brand new. Did I have a budget? I was willing to spend up to 150K. So I looked at used Porsche 911T's, New 911 Non-Turbo, Cayman S, Used Ferrari Modena's, Used Lamborghini Gallardo's. I NEVER, EVER thought about considering a Corvette. I test drove all the other cars before I drove the Stingray. And as expected, they were all very nice, fast, head turners. Everything you'd expect. There were pro's and cons to each. The Gallardo's I felt, were a little rough for my taste but very fast, the Ferrari Modena was great but once you see the 458 and drive the 458, the Modena just didn't feel right for me. But again, a very nice car to say the least. Then I was going through my Auto Subscriptions and saw so much good press the Stingray was receiving. So I thought, "What will it hurt to go look at?" Now, I was kind of jaded when it came to Corvettes. My perception was always, good looking, fast in a straight line, loved by red necks, overall a good looking sports car with no attention to detail given to the interior. As I entered the showroom the lines of the car were not given justice in the magazine pics. As with anything in life, you need to experience it for yourself. Then, I sat in it and was blown away. Needless to say by the title, I bought the car the next day. The economics, looks, feel, drive quality, warranty just made sense. I also thought at the time, I'm not as self conscious/showboating driving this car. Boy, I was wrong with that assumption. I haven't been out one time where I've not received attention. I get stories from real people, ones that tell me about when themselves/friend/ relative owned one. I can't deny that on the track, the Porsche handles better, but almost at double the price you have to really love the engineering (and I have a Masters in Engineering) and the Porsche heritage. I went in sure I'd buy a Porsche. Had those comparison magazines not been in my house I might be writing a very similar review for the Porsche. In the end, I love the Stingray, it works for me but that's not to say the other cars wouldn't be a better choice for someone else. Just do not discount it and not test drive because of what your perception might be. I now am looking at 2008 Porsche 911 Turbo's as another car and the way I see it I'll get 2 very awesome cars for 150k."

OMG

By on Sunday, February 22, 2015

Pros: "So powerful it's literally terrifying to drive-"

Cons: "So powerful it's literally terrifying to drive-"

Love ar first sight

"This vehicle is so powerful- so overwhelming- It's like nothing I've ever driven- absolutely in a league of its own. OMG- I had no idea. "The Corvette is a hugely visceral and exciting car that inevitably makes you exclaim some four letter word""

Love ar first sight

A new classic - with some curious design choices

By on Monday, February 09, 2015

Pros: "A new American Classic."

Cons: "Listed in my review"

"I own a Shark Gray 2015 Corvette Stingray LT3 convertible with 8 speed automatic and the ZF1 package. In my opinion the 2015 model Corvette is the very best yet made and is sure to be a classic. I won't repeat all of the positives pointed out in other reviews, but would like to list some of the design options that are not included (and I would like to have had). 1. Lack of a heated steering wheel. Come on, the convertible has heated and cooled seats, but no heated steering wheel? It's not even available as an option! 2. Hmm, no active cruise control or lane change assist in this state of the art rocket ship?. 3. I miss my CD/DVD player that was on my C6 corvette. I like to watch DVD"s during my lunch break. Can't do this anymore. A CD/DVD player is not an option, and there is no way to attach a DVD (or bluray) player through the included USB ports. 4. The included back up camera is excellent, and a welcome addition, especially in the convertible with its very restricted rear view when backing up. Why was a sonar system left out? My wife's Volt has both, and the combination works great to avoid backing into other cars or objects. 5. The C6 mirror had taps that allowed a radar detector to be mounted directly on the mirror and tapped in to the mirror for power. This avoided a dangling detector power cable. The C7 mirror is very nice, but lacks a power tap. There is a 3rd party mirror mount for the C7, but in my opinion is useless because the power cable has to dangle down to the well placed power tap in the center dash. I ended up mounting my radar detector low down on the window, with the cable dropping down through the passenger hand hold opening to the power tap. Looks just fine. 6. Storing phone numbers by voice is a bit awkward. In my wife's Volt, the included OnStar system helpfully allows stored numbers to use OnStar if her cell bluetooth is not on, but will default to the phone bluetooth if it is on to avoid using OnStar minutes. The Vette's built in phone number storage is separate from the included OnStar system, so you have to store phone numbers both through the voice system in the car, and the OnStar mirror button for the OnStar system. (If there is a way to combine the two, I have not yet found it). 7. Great care must be taken when parking this car, due to the very long front end style elements. It's easy to scrape the front bumper on a curb. GM helpfully points this out in the owner's manual, but a sonar curb warning system would have been welcome and nice. 8. The ZF1 package is very nice. My car is otherwise loaded, but I do wish it had the Z51 performance package for the magnetic ride control option. Unless you order your car from the factory, this option is not common on 2015 Vettes on dealer lots. 9. Although I'm sure the back up camera is disabled while driving forward for safety reasons, it would be nice to have the option of having this on all of the time while driving. Rear visibility in the convertible is very restricted with the top up, especially if a high rear spoiler is on the car. At night I can barely tell if a car is close to my rear, since I can't see the following cars headlights (I just see the top of the vehicle). Rear visibility is good with the top down. 10. The heads up display appears to be slightly rotated to the right when viewed while driving. My GM dealer told me this was a common observation, but was not a design defect. Looks a bit odd though, and something that should be able to be fixed. 11. The car does have a nifty road speed limit indicator, which is tied in through the nav package. However, it is buried in the display options and seems to have been added by Johnson Controls almost as an afterthought. Shouldn't this option be able to be displayed on the heads up display? Having to scroll down to see this makes it almost useless. My former BMW displayed speed limits on its heads up display as a default, which was very useful. 11. Almost no vehicles now on the road have Apple CarPlay available. I've read that this may be available later on the C7 as a software upgrade. This will be a very helpful addition to the car's infotainment system. Overall, I score this car a 9.6/10. I really love my Corvette and enjoy driving it on a daily basis. The above fixes would rank it a perfect 10/10 in my book."