• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2013 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $46,162 - $48,136.

10/7.7

9.3

Based on 623 Ratings for the 2005 - 2013 models.

9.7/10

this ride rocks! should have gotten one sooner!

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "tons of power, good gas mileage"

Cons: "as all vettes, hard to get in and out of"

car at dealers

"love this car, it handles like its on rails and it has more than enough power to move thru traffic. its a head turner for sure."

car at dealers

This car is only driven in the summer garge kept

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

"This car is a must have"

as is brand new

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pros: "as is -brand new"

"as is-brand new-red with tan interior-every option"

C6 is a fine tuned machine!!!

By on Friday, March 07, 2014

Pros: "Always fun to drive"

"Great Car !!!"

The greatest car on the road

By on Sunday, March 02, 2014

"If you ever have the importunity to own a vette don't let it slip by you."

Better late than never!

By on Friday, February 28, 2014

Pros: "Speed, Bose, gas mileage and did I mention speed?"

Cons: "Running out of reasons to drive!"

"This car is fast fast fast!!!There is not a day that goes by without someone commenting or taking double takes. This car beautiful!! Love the Bose system and surprising very good on gas if you can refrain from opening it up all the time! :)"

show car

By on Thursday, February 27, 2014

"Black 2009 corvette, shown this car and won 8 first place and 1 best of show. Engine covered in crystal red and front spoiler, gps, back cover and mat, log console, Z06 2 wheels, cover , stretch cover for front, more extras. Great car to drive and no scratches anywhere. Great buy"

too soon to tell

By on Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pros: "terrific looks"

Cons: "quaity very questionable"

"Bought this car 4 days ago with 9 K miles.It almost died today-at the dealer right now-something to do with the traction control.Major disappointment."

The best I've ever owned

By on Thursday, February 20, 2014

Pros: "The Best, Period."

Cons: "No Cons."

"Simply the best!!"

Best bang for the buck...period!

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "Looks, fun to drive, performance and value."

Cons: "Few things could be of better quality for the $$$."

"The most enjoyable car I've ever owned. Love the look, performance and reliablity."

This is Vette # five for me and the best so far!

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Pros: "Best Bang for the buck !!"

"This is Vette # five for me and the best so far! Most definitely the fastest best handling yet, We'll see what the next one brings! If you've never owned a Vette ! Hold on to your hat when you drive this one :)"

Very fast and best handling car I ever had

By on Thursday, February 13, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive! Handles great and lots of power."

Cons: "The XM radio display is too short"

"Minor annoyances like the top squeaks and had to have the power seat serviced. But the car drives like a dream. It self corrects when I screw up with all it's power. It looks sharp and fun to drive on long weekend trips."

The most fun for the money of any car out there!

By on Thursday, February 13, 2014

Pros: "Fun, fast and very affordable"

Cons: "Everyone wants to drag you..."

"The great american sportscar. I don't know why I waited so long. My car is worth $28,000 according to the KBB, but I get more looks and more great comments than anyone I know. Everyone says "cool vette" "Nice Car". They think is it $80,000 -"

a must drive

By on Monday, February 10, 2014

Pros: "great car"

"a must drice muscle car fastest ever great car"

Does everything claimed and much more

By on Sunday, February 09, 2014

Pros: "Highest fun factor to drive of any car"

"Comfortable on long trips, great looks, exceptional handling, best value for your money in sports car class - bar none. The car is built and designed very well. No rattles, no interior or exterior problems. Engine and drive train run like a Swiss Watch."

my first vette

By on Monday, February 03, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive and very economical for performance"

Cons: "noisy targa top"

"great performing automobile. love it. will definitely own another. interested in c7 z06"

"Bucket list" car

By on Monday, February 03, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Performance"

Cons: "Technology!"

"The Corvette is such a big part of American history, but more importantly, the AUTOMOTIVE industry history. It has been around 60, yes 60, years, which is more than most actual vehicle makers themselves. It has been through wars, a fuel crisis, an economic crisis. I mean, it’s older than my mother (sorry mom) and yet it is STILL being produced. It’s in almost all of the video racing games I have played since I was a kid (Gran Turismo, Need for Speed, Forza Motorsport), although actually driving it is nothing like a video game (who would have thought). Even the name “Corvette” is a name that some random person anywhere in the world would understand in ANY language. My point is, this is a BIG deal. So I begin this critique with one word “Chevrolet.” Some people live and die by them. Others would not even consider them. I am both (or neither if you insist). Now, some people may overlook certain aspects of a cars transmission. Mostly due to the fact that they are familiar with a specific model and they drive it every day. Even when they buy a newer version of the same make and model. This happens because all model’s are the same regardless of year. Am I right? Of course not. The idea is that a car maker improves there vehicle. They try to make it a little better year to year. So why is it that I feel the need to compare the transmission of a 2013 Corvette to my brother’s 2001 “Chevrolet” Malibu? Clunky! Accelerate a little bit and let off the gas and it feels as though the upshift is being forced into place like a manual transmission without the clutch. Come on, I had higher expectations than that considering it is 12 years newer and a completely different model. I had to take this into consideration due to stop and go traffic on I-4 on the way to Orlando. From a consumer point of view, Chevrolet has taken no time to improve how the shifting feels at low speeds. Attempting to use paddle shifters is sort of a let down. I say “sort of” because the idea of paddle shifters makes me feel like I have control of the transmission. So when I first sat in the Corvette, I was was thinking “oh yeah baby! Paddleshifters! I am shifting when I (not you) want.” The more I “tried” to use them, the more I realized that a Corvette with paddleshifters doesn’t really make sense. This isn’t a Ferrari or Lamborghini. Not to mention it shifts for you, regardless, out of first gear. So what is the point? If I want to redline it, then let me redline it (not that I was trying to). As my brother’s famous saying goes from his experience with a Dodge Charger “it shifted anyway, I got it in Low (gear).” Corvette enthusiasts at this point are nodding off or getting ready quit reading. Well I hearby swear not to completely rip you off. I CAN’T even if I wanted to and here is why. It feels proper when you slam the peddle down and it shifts at its highest RPM. Then, and ONLY then, does the car shift properly, like it is MEANT to be hammered. And believe me when I say meant. There are some things in the world that work together. Peanut Butter and Jelly, Bonnie and Clyde, Steve Jobs and Apple, a Corvette and Full Throttle, just to name a few. At just under $55,000 base price for a convertible, which comes with a 430 horsepower 6.2 liter LS3, I was experiencing 0-60 mph in roughly 4.3 to 4.4 seconds. Not bad considering that after my own research, I noticed that a foreign sports car (will not name) had the same 0-60 times but cost roughly 3 times as much (but I am NOT comparing…or am I). But why 3 times as much, because it handles and shifts better? That is yet to be answered, but for now it does not matter due to the fact that when I smashed the peddle (and my wife’s head snapped back and the sound of the engine made heads turn), the little kid came out in me and I was having fun like you wouldn’t believe (and that’s the point, isn’t it?) And just for the record, my wife was legitmately complaining of neck pains. Yeah, you understand. So where do we go from here? How about some little knick knacks such as the radio. This is an interesting area due to the fact that the sound system itself was dec (short for decent for the old-timers). Now I have heard that siblings could sometimes read each other’s minds. Well, it’s true. Both my brother and I somehow couldn’t help but notice the 8 pixel, yes PIXEL digital radio. It literally looks like the first digital readout ever made for any vehicle. Similar to the 1988 Dodge Lancer radio my father used to own (don’t ask). But no one buys a Corvette for the radio right? Well, if you put a decent sound system in, then compliment it with a decent readout. Makes sense doesn’t it? Before traveling 100 miles in the Corvette, I could not stop thinking that I would be stopping for gas at least half way there (from a full tank). I mean do the math, 6.2 liter 430 hp American V8. One may think (at least I did) that this is an appetite for MPG destruction. This is another area that the Corvette stood out and boy did it. It doesn’t have good gas mileage. It has EXCELLENT gas mileage. When you are comparing your gas mileage with that of an engine literally a 1/3 of the size, I would consider that very impressive. So all in all, what have I learned from driving such an exciting let down of a car. Chevrolet has somehow, someway managed to fuel my desire to buy one (when I retire of course). Despite having some technology from the 1980’s and a marginally improved transmission, the Corvette has the name and performance that will be on many consumer’s “bucket list.”"

Best mid-life crisis veh a girl could ever want!!!

By on Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Pros: "Beautiful veh & fun to drive"

Cons: "Can't think of any!"

"This car was a fantasy car for my husband and I. We drove it to Florida three times and came back home and parked it in the garage-covered!. It has 2 different tops(moon roof and painted-the car is black) it has racing type seats (black and gray). It also has the "heads up display" and automatic transmission/paddle shift and Bose sound system. The floor mats were given to us by the salesman because it was his first corvette sale!"

THE BEST

By on Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pros: "BEST CAR EVER"

Cons: "SOME ROOF NOISE"

"This car is the best car I've ever owned. The most fun ever too drive."

Best car I've ever owned!

By on Friday, January 24, 2014

Pros: "A Z06 for the price of an off the shelf Corvette!"

Cons: "None that I can think of."

"I have owned a lot of cars in my lifetime, and this Corvette is the most fun to drive (I'm 74). In addition to being a Grand Sport it is equipped with the Z51 option which brings it up to very close to the Z06. This option includes Z06 brakes, suspension (with magnetic shocks), gear ratio (it's an automatic). Also transmission and oil (dry sump 10 quart) coolers, and Z06 sized wheels; really wide tires. I have also had a Corsa exhaust and K&N air filter installed. The engine has been dyno tuned for the intake an exhaust upgrades. I do not compete in any sport competition. The Crystal Red Metallic paint has been frequently waxed to a scratch fee luster. The windows have been tinted, including a ultra violet sheet on the windshield. It is always garaged and during extended unused periods it is covered with a custom fitted cover. Anyone looking for a C6 Corvette should look for a Z51 equipped car! You would not be disappointed."

Great Sportscar

By on Sunday, January 19, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, reliable, good gas mileage"

Cons: "Original tires poor, can't replace battery myself"

"I have owned this car since new. I put on 5-6k/year. On the highway at above legal speeds I get 26-28 mpg of Premium. Acceleration is unbelievable. Highway passing if downshifted is immediate, like going for "light speed". Engine is turning only 1800rpm at 80 mph and the highway ride is comfortable. Only issue is with the original tires. The GY F1 Runflats were harsh, noisy, had poor rain performance and caused aquaplaning at over 55 mph in heavy rain; they lasted barely 15,000 miles before having to be replaced. I replaced them with Bridgestone Runflats in the same size (Michelin did not have equivalent tires in this size at that time) and they currently have 25,000 miles on them and over 6/32nd's of tread left; they are much quieter at equivalent wear than the GY's, less harsh and in heavy rain can be safely driven at 75 mph. The GY's had slightly better dry traction than the Bridgestones, but since I don't autox or race the car dry adhesion is very strong. After 5 years I did have to replace the battery which is in a compartment in the trunk. I could not replace it myself because the idiot who packaged the car left the hole only big enough to remove the battery, but forgot that there were two cables in the way and the trunk trim had to be removed to remove the battery at a dealer cost to me of $75 (battery was only $105). I can't hold this against the car as it was due to brain fade of the trunk package engineer and 5 years is a long time for a battery to last in Michigan winters when not being driven. At 36,000 miles the oilpan was leaking and I had to have the gasket/seal replaced and the car realigned as a result. I have had an extended warrantee so this only cost me $100; otherwise it would have cost about $1,200! Except for this issue, I have had no problems with the car and really enjoy driving it, except in the winter when it is in my garage (unheated) under a cover, on plywood pieces under the tires and with a trickle charger on it."

Never had a major problem. Great car

By on Saturday, January 18, 2014

Pros: "great value, fun to drive, very reliable"

Cons: "tires are expensive, seats were not as supportive"

"I used this as my daily driver. 70,000 miles and only had one repair that was not maintenance and it was covered under warranty. Good gas mileage at 17 in city and 26 or 27 on the highway. Tires are expensive. Run flat tires loose grip after half of their life. Go with the regular tires and get an inflation kit. Seats were not the greatest. Navigation works great, but new DVD discs for it cost $350. The GM protection program was not too expensive, but I never did need it. I would get another Vette."

Best vehicle purchase I ever made!

By on Saturday, January 11, 2014

Pros: "Stylish, fast!. Creat handling and all around fun"

Cons: "No cons in my opinion"

"The z-06 is a complete powerhouse with its 7 liter monster engine! I would not recommend this car as a starter corvette it can be a little scary at times with the amount of power at your feet, But for a experienced driver there is no car better in its price range."

Hold on tight!

By on Saturday, January 11, 2014

Pros: "excellent high powered sports car. Great value."

Cons: "depreciation"

"This car is capable of performance that I am no longer capable of handling. Its acceleration is brutal and the tires stick like glue. I would not recommend it for long trips. I drove it to Ft. Lauderdale and back once and it is too tight to really stretch out in."

car is like new