• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2013 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $67,262 - $70,158.

10/7.7

9.3

Based on 623 Ratings for the 2005 - 2013 models.

9.7/10

A powerful car with everyday driving convenience

By on Monday, April 08, 2013

Pros: "Reliable power, good sized trunk"

Cons: "Eats car batteries and tires."

"A great car. Fun to drive. Fits two sets of golf clubs in the trunk. Great gas mileage for a car with 400 hp. This is my third corvette and by far my favorite. I now have 70,000 miles on the car and have had no mechanical issues. Take it in for an oil change twice a year and it doesnt need much else other than a battery every year. I will take that small yearly cost in place of the hassle of repairs on a lesser vehicle."

Who wouldn't want to own a Corvette?

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "Performance, Price, Recognition"

Cons: "None that I can see so far"

"The Corvette is the ultimate American sports car. You can't find more performance at the affordable price that Chevrolet offers. The car handles and performs just as great as it looks and after 45,000 miles and three winters (that's right-I drive it year 'round in Michigan) it has had ZERO mechanical issues. If you're looking for the smooth quiet ride of a Cadillac you've come to the wrong place. Don't forget this is a true monster on the road with tight sport suspension and a screaming V8 to keep you wide awake."

This is my 4th Vette.

By on Monday, August 19, 2013

Pros: "Great gas mileage and fun to drive. Governed @ 182"

Cons: "My fear factor set in at 140 mph"

"Like my wife say's, This car has the WOW factor. I've owned this one for 2 yrs. Avg. mpg is 21/30. But I have gotten similar mpg with all 4. I change my oil every 5K mi. I have had NO mechanical problems at all with any of them. Get rid of the Run Flat tires!!!!!!!!!!! The Vette will have a much better ride and with the money you save you can call a tow truck several times if you have a flat. It's a daily driver for me but it is also an excellent car for road trips. Very comfortable and exciting to drive."

Performance at a great price

By on Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Pros: "Performance, Style, Gas Mileage, Comfort"

Cons: "Transmission-Slow to downshift"

"We bought this car used with 10,000 miles on it. It is a 2008 Convertable in Jetstream blue. We felt the car was a good value wtih the low mileage it had. This is a daily driver, back and forth to work. It has 436 horsepower and gets 25MPG!!, which I think is unbelieveable. In the touring mode the car drives similar to my wife's STS except over the big bumps. The ride is smoother than I thought it would be, we could take this car cross-country with no issues at all. In the sport mode, the car stiffens up for the smooth highway roads and around the corners. The dual note exhaust sounds great, I did install the mild to wild exhaust, which just keeps the exhaust loud or quiet by the push of a button. The car has no darting issues as some of my other corvettes have had in the past. The automatic transmission works great. But, if you are looking for more performance, the paddle shifters are a must. In auto-mode it takes too long to downshift. I've had no problems with the car. Overall this car has surpassed my expectations. I believe this car would blow away my 1969 427 Corvette, which I still own and believe it or not, if I had to pick one, I would take the C6."

I Love it!

By on Thursday, September 05, 2013

Pros: "Great gas milage! 436hp, looks, handling"

Cons: "annoy Porsche and Audi owners when you pass them"

"It's not for everyone,if you have to transport kids or elderly people who have a problem sitting down low or someone who might soil their pants when they get thrown back into the seat. It's an excellent fun car for a pleasure cruise, it has plenty of power, incredible handling and the convertible has plenty of trunk space enough to carry two golf bags or a busy day's worth of shopping. It's not for the lumber yard. It's not for snow or harsh weather (it can get you home safe in it but why risk it). If you own other cars and want to play, this is a beauty. If your shopping for a 6spd manual, get the HUD, the tach revs so fast you need to keep an eye on it. I also own an older Corvette, and 2 Camaros, and have had a 68 Shelby GT500 & 70 Boss 302. This car makes me miss those less. You only live once....have fun! BTW Mine gets 30mpg @ 70mph in 6th gear."