2012 Chevrolet Corvette

9.3

Based on 680 Ratings for the 2005 - 2013 models.

9.7/10

car is like new

By on Monday, January 06, 2014

"car is like new"

wow!!! doesnt do this car justice

By on Sunday, August 25, 2013

Pros: "compare corvette before you buy another"

Cons: "headlight lenses fog"

"bang for the buck this car destroys all comers. and comfort? im 6-3 280 and fit better in this car than any other sport /performance car . its affordable art,when im not driving it i just stare at it in my garage, often leaving the top down and the ceiling fan on so she stays cool.when i got her my wife came home and saw her and said , oh wow!!! "now i get it" . and my insurance stayed the same from my wifes old sebring."

WOW!

By on Friday, September 21, 2012

Pros: "Style, power, sound, features with 3lt package"

Cons: "Non"

"Love this car, My ninth Corvette, Always wanted the zo6. This car will leave you speechless, The sound and power of the v8 will make you think of excuse's to drive it every chance you get. If you want it now is the time to get it"

Should have bought this car years ago!!!

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "Great value for price. Fun to drive"

Cons: "For the price, cheap plastic should not have been."

"Love driving this car. Car should still look great 10 years down the road."

Best Sports Car for the money!

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "Price, Fun 2 drive, Reliable, Comfort, performance"

Cons: "No USB or IPod Connection, to much attention ;)"

"Absolutely amazing automobile... I can't emphasize that enough. Unless your very wealthy or just a snob towards american sports cars, You really can't complain about the C6 Z06 Vette. Kills anything on the street for half the price of euro supercars and will take anything american except the ZR1 Vette. A viper might give it a run for its money but with equal drivers, the Vette Wins. I've raced Lambo Gallardos, and Porsche GT3's Not much thats stock can take out the vette. It's honestly scary fast and probably the fastest thing you'll ever ride in that's not 600 hp. For the money the z06 can't be beat. Its 30k cheaper than the Zr1 and better in my opinion."

Best bang for the buck

By on Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pros: "Extremely fast fun to drive handles great"

Cons: "bit hard to get out of"

"Great car for the money. Its close to impossible to find a more reliable car that can keep up with the newer Corvettes anywhere in their price range at all. They are beating out cars that cost more than double what they do and require 5 times the maintenance. Overall I'm very happy with my Corvette and would recommend it to anyone who wanted a serious sports car without a 6 figure price tag."

Biggest bang for your buck!

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "Spectacular price for the amount of power"

Cons: "Interior is a little lacking but still looks great"

"The corvette has always been one of my favorite cars. ONce i had the financial means to look for high end sports cars I knew where I would start looking. This car has 436hp, 425f/lbs and weighs in under 3200lbs. The amount of power and torque out of this car is spectacular. With Z51 Handling package this car is a dream. The corvette has almost identical specs as a Ferrari f360 Modena for 1/3 the cost."

Excellent looking car

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

"It is very well taken care of and in excellent condition."

Quicker than cars I built in the 60's

By on Monday, January 02, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Rough ride"

"Be sure that you know how to handle a car when you put your foot into this one."

Base 20 Coupe w/LT3 and Auto is were the value is

By on Thursday, December 15, 2011

Pros: "PRICE, VALUE, QUALITY, PERFOMANCE, RELIABILITY"

Cons: "INTERIOR IS NICE, BUT NEEDS WORK"

"My 3rd Vette. Compared to my 2003 MB SL55 AMG, this car is far better. Does everything well. Just change the oil when car tells you to, and air/interior filters at 30K and you are good for 100k miles. No real problems at all. Even the battery lasted almost 6 years! Just got 2011 Grand Sport for $13,500 off! Nav system is a joke. Car has tight toleraces and clearly faster, but after 6 years, it is hard to fault the 2006."

FAST AND FURIOUS....

By on Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Pros: "SPEED AND POWER"

Cons: "SEATS"

LAWLESS

"GREAT LOOKS, MODERN MUSCLE WITH CORNERING ABILITY BUT SEATS NEED IMPROVEMENT. BUY ONE AND YOU WILL BE HOOKED!!!!!!"

LAWLESS

very good car.

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pros: "most bang for buck !"

Cons: "could use interior upgrade."

"Quick, fast, stops good, handles good,looks good, could use upgraded interior."

Best Vette Yet!! I've owned four (69,87,99,07).

By on Monday, November 21, 2011

Pros: "Great to drive and handles like a dream."

Cons: "Price"

"I've owned four corvettes: 1969 Roadster (two tops), 1987 Coupe, 1999 Convertible, and a 2007 Z06. I loved them all, but the Z06 is the best vette yet!"

Best vehicle owned to date!

By on Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive, reliable"

Cons: "voice activated commands, paddle shifters"

"This review is on a Atomic Orange 2008 Corvette Z51 with the 4LT option package, duel roof panels, duel mode exhaust system, chrome wheels, paddle shifters, and all other options available for model year 2008 for a Z51 configuration. Positives: When entering this car, one cannot help but notice immediately how much of a difference the 4LT option package sets it apart from the standard Corvette interior. The leather dash and door panels are all softly padded, and the quality and appearance is first rate. Additionally, the two tone seats help to set this car apart from the standard Corvette and are quite comfortable. Push on the brake and tap the ignition button and the car immediately comes to life. The throaty LS3 V8 under the hood sounds great, and with the optional duel mode exhaust, the exhaust is set to bypass when first started, letting out a distinctive growl letting you know this is no ordinary car. Power from the LS3 engine is very strong and is available from idle all the way to red line. Regardless of how fast you may be going, a punch of the gas peddle brings instant gratification with enough power to make passing a breeze. Handling is also exceptional, as this car feels like it's glued to the road, with surface imperfections upsetting the car very little, never allowing the car to feel out of control. This is a true solidly built sports car that will allow you to go and tear up a track on one day, and take a comfortable trip across the country on the next. If driven with a light foot and liberal use of the cruise control, you should see gas mileage well in excess of what the car is rated for. I average around 30 mpg around town when taking it easy. You can count on getting around 32-33 mpg up to a speed of around 65 mph, at which time the mileage will drop down to around 28. Not bad for a car with 436 hp. Reliability has been exceptional, with no service calls required for warranty repairs at anytime while I've had the car. The appearance of the car is very modern, yet holds true to Corvettes of the past. The Heads Up Display is a must, as I consider it a great safety feature. With the HUD, the driver rarely has to take his or her eyes off the road. It operates in three modes, one for street use and two for track use. In street mode it shows speed, engine rpm, as well as navigation, radio stations, etc... and if there are any problems needing attention, it'll also tell you to "Check Gauges". In track mode it will also allow you to select one of the gauges such as engine temperature, and shows the amount of g forces your pulling at any given time. The only item missing from the HUD is the ability to show the amount of fuel left, something earlier models of Corvette HUDs' had. Storage space is this car is plentiful, as it is very roomy for a two seat sports car. The fastback version has over 23 cubic feet of luggage space, more than most regular cars, and considerably more than it's rivals. GM's OnStar service allows you to drive with confidence knowing that regardless of where your at, should there be a problem, your no further than the press of a button away from help. Negatives: The transmission is a bit slow to respond to paddle shifter commands. There should be a button on the steering wheel for the voice activated navigation system and stereo system. Voice activated commands are sketchy at best. There should be means to update software for the navigation system and other computer systems throughout the car through the OnStar service. I highly recommend this vehicle in any configuration to someone who wants a sports car or simply does not need a large car. Insurance is cheaper than numerous other cars, as the majority of Corvette owners are very particular about their cars. This is my second Corvette, my last being a 2003 Corvette convertible. I plan to purchase another Corvette in the future, as this car makes driving fun."

Buy one, you won't regret it!

By on Friday, October 28, 2011

Pros: "Smile inducing fun machine"

Cons: "I should have bought the Z06"

"Awesome car, buy one and you will drive everywhere with a smile on your face!"

A Great Car

By on Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pros: "Everything you will ever want in a sports car"

Cons: "No status and a great value only with 3LT option."

"This is my 3rd Vette. Compared to my 2003 Mercedes SL55, this is far superior. Totally reliable and loaded w/features(3LT). You will not be disappointed. Just change oil and filters and you're good for 100K miles."

WOW,WOW,WOW

By on Thursday, September 22, 2011

Pros: "Its a real super car....u will smile every time u drive it!!!"

"WOW...what else can I say.traded my porsche 911 for my Zo6......best move i ever made!!!"

Better than my Viper

By on Sunday, July 24, 2011

Pros: "The looks, drive, speed and handling"

Cons: "A little snug, I am 6'4 though."

"I had my 2006 Viper for years, then a friend bought a used 2007 ZO6. After a few debates, a race and a swap. I went to a dealer and ordered a new ZO6. Over 12,000 miles later.... I love it! From the cruze to work to track time. It is a true supercar! The only sad thing was I had to go out of state to get a test drive of the 2011's. I was at a dealership in Arizona and a sales guy said, "We don't do test drives on new Corvettes. Only when we have a deal." It might have cost me an extra $1828 to ship it but it was sure worth it. Thanks Chevy......"

AMAZING

By on Monday, May 02, 2011

"PURE EXELANCE"

By on Sunday, February 13, 2011

LOVE My 'Grand Sport' Vette

By on Sunday, February 06, 2011

"I just bought my 3rd Vette. I owned a C5 (2003) and a C6 (2007) and just bought my 2011 'Grand Sport' on 12/1/10. I absolutely LOVE THIS Grand Sport!!! After owning 2 Coupes, the look of the Grand Sport is just way sportier. It is WELL worth the extra money. Love the performance, size and design (inside and out). I have had Camaro's, Firebird's, Trans Am's and Mustangs, but I always wanted a Vette. I have never regretted it from the time I bought one. I would not want to own anything else!"

2007 Red Vette

By on Monday, January 31, 2011

"I BOUGHT THIS CAR NEW AND WITHIN THE 1ST YEAR THE REAR MAIN LEAKED OIL--WARRENTY COVERED--A COUPLE TIMES THE 4 WAY FLASHERS HAVE COME ON FOR NO REASON DRIVING ON THE FREEWAY AND THE DASH LIGHTS WENT BLANK, BUT HASN'T HAPPENED IN ALONG TIME. I HATE ALL THE ELECTRONICS-STILL HAVEN'T FIGURED THEM OUT AND THE SELF DIMMING REAR MIRROR, BUT LOVE THE CAR. GETS 28-30 MPG ON HIWAY AND LOTS OF POWER-HAVE NEVER FLOORBOARDED IT YET. I NOTICE ON KBB, ITS DEPRECIATED $20,000 IN 4 YEARS AND 12,000 MILES."

The best for the money!

By on Sunday, January 23, 2011

"I have owned C-4, C-5 and now the C-6 GS, I also own a 997 Turbo and had owned a 996 Turbo 550hp. Both sports cars are a great but the 997 cost me $176,000 and the Vette cost me $65,000, by far the Vette is worth what you pay, the fit and finish is not near as nice as the Porsche but with a little tweeking on the Vette 436 horse to 500 it will out run the my Porsche and out handle it for a price difference of more then $100,000!"

Best Car Ever

By on Thursday, October 14, 2010

"This thing is a beast and yet a blast to drive. The Vette is , hands down, the best car in the market for what you pay. I have loved every minute of driving it around since I got it. Performance, handling and asthetics are 2nd to nothing else. I will buy another and I highly recommend that every American get their hands on one at some point in their life. If you don't you won't have a clue what an engineering marvel is."

Excellent Bang for the Buck

By on Tuesday, May 25, 2010

"Not sure what Disappointed from Virginia is talking about. The "clunking" from the differential was a matter of changing the rear axle fluid per a TSB, and of course the rear window has some distortion considering the radical curve in it. Was your car in a flood? This is my first Corvette and it's been flawless in operation so far. I waited until this generation because many of the shortcomings that went with prior generations were taken care of in this generation. I doubt you can find another car out there offering this kind of world class performance for the money. I have the paddle shift automatic that has worked flawlessly in either mode, and a nice compromise for a manual tranny. The paint, build quality and reliability are good. The disappointment is the interior. Chevy put their money in the performance and skimped on the interior to keep the price down. It's tastefully done, but the seats are not as supportive and comfortable as they should be. I'd have given up things like automatic temp control and lighting for better seats any day. Be aware that the car is low, so ingress/egress can be tricky if you aren't as "flexible" as you once were. Overall, an excellent buy for a car in this category."