2011 Chevrolet Corvette

9.3

Based on 675 Ratings for the 2005 - 2013 models.

9.7/10

A powerful car with everyday driving convenience

By on Monday, April 08, 2013

Pros: "Reliable power, good sized trunk"

Cons: "Eats car batteries and tires."

"A great car. Fun to drive. Fits two sets of golf clubs in the trunk. Great gas mileage for a car with 400 hp. This is my third corvette and by far my favorite. I now have 70,000 miles on the car and have had no mechanical issues. Take it in for an oil change twice a year and it doesnt need much else other than a battery every year. I will take that small yearly cost in place of the hassle of repairs on a lesser vehicle."

Who wouldn't want to own a Corvette?

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "Performance, Price, Recognition"

Cons: "None that I can see so far"

"The Corvette is the ultimate American sports car. You can't find more performance at the affordable price that Chevrolet offers. The car handles and performs just as great as it looks and after 45,000 miles and three winters (that's right-I drive it year 'round in Michigan) it has had ZERO mechanical issues. If you're looking for the smooth quiet ride of a Cadillac you've come to the wrong place. Don't forget this is a true monster on the road with tight sport suspension and a screaming V8 to keep you wide awake."

This is my 4th Vette.

By on Monday, August 19, 2013

Pros: "Great gas mileage and fun to drive. Governed @ 182"

Cons: "My fear factor set in at 140 mph"

"Like my wife say's, This car has the WOW factor. I've owned this one for 2 yrs. Avg. mpg is 21/30. But I have gotten similar mpg with all 4. I change my oil every 5K mi. I have had NO mechanical problems at all with any of them. Get rid of the Run Flat tires!!!!!!!!!!! The Vette will have a much better ride and with the money you save you can call a tow truck several times if you have a flat. It's a daily driver for me but it is also an excellent car for road trips. Very comfortable and exciting to drive."

A well made car and very fast

By on Saturday, August 30, 2014

Reason: Traded for 2014 Corvette Z51 convertible

Pros: "Fun to drive, a great looker and intimidating."

Cons: "Horrendous depreciation, cramped cabin."

2007 Z06 Corvette

"I bought this car for sticker price in December of 2006 at the dealer. The depreciation was horrendous. The car performed flawlessly every time I used it and it got 27 MPG on a highway trip to Florida from Nashville. I traded it only because of the reviews of the new C7 Corvette. I did not like the charge to refresh the navigation system with a new CD. For this much money, GM should have given it to me. A seriously quick car off the line and just a bit uncomfortable on a long trip. It never gave me any problem and I got less than half of what I paid though, when I traded it with only 3,800 miles on it, but it was seven model years old. I should have bought mine used and had a lot of cash left over."

2007 Z06 Corvette

Performance at a great price

By on Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Pros: "Performance, Style, Gas Mileage, Comfort"

Cons: "Transmission-Slow to downshift"

"We bought this car used with 10,000 miles on it. It is a 2008 Convertable in Jetstream blue. We felt the car was a good value wtih the low mileage it had. This is a daily driver, back and forth to work. It has 436 horsepower and gets 25MPG!!, which I think is unbelieveable. In the touring mode the car drives similar to my wife's STS except over the big bumps. The ride is smoother than I thought it would be, we could take this car cross-country with no issues at all. In the sport mode, the car stiffens up for the smooth highway roads and around the corners. The dual note exhaust sounds great, I did install the mild to wild exhaust, which just keeps the exhaust loud or quiet by the push of a button. The car has no darting issues as some of my other corvettes have had in the past. The automatic transmission works great. But, if you are looking for more performance, the paddle shifters are a must. In auto-mode it takes too long to downshift. I've had no problems with the car. Overall this car has surpassed my expectations. I believe this car would blow away my 1969 427 Corvette, which I still own and believe it or not, if I had to pick one, I would take the C6."

I Love it!

By on Thursday, September 05, 2013

Pros: "Great gas milage! 436hp, looks, handling"

Cons: "annoy Porsche and Audi owners when you pass them"

"It's not for everyone,if you have to transport kids or elderly people who have a problem sitting down low or someone who might soil their pants when they get thrown back into the seat. It's an excellent fun car for a pleasure cruise, it has plenty of power, incredible handling and the convertible has plenty of trunk space enough to carry two golf bags or a busy day's worth of shopping. It's not for the lumber yard. It's not for snow or harsh weather (it can get you home safe in it but why risk it). If you own other cars and want to play, this is a beauty. If your shopping for a 6spd manual, get the HUD, the tach revs so fast you need to keep an eye on it. I also own an older Corvette, and 2 Camaros, and have had a 68 Shelby GT500 & 70 Boss 302. This car makes me miss those less. You only live once....have fun! BTW Mine gets 30mpg @ 70mph in 6th gear."

awesome car, chevrolet finally got it right

By on Thursday, May 30, 2013

Pros: "trouble free, inexpensive to take trips in"

"have owned 4 Porsches ( 356 sc, 911s 944, 911sc ) , bought this 2008 off showroom floor, the most trouble free auto i have ever owned, daily driver, driven hard, street and some track ( totally stock with Z-51 package ) looks like new, drives like new, and still smells like new, 114,250 miles and zero spent on repairs ( oil change every 10,000, new air filter at 110,000, always average 28 mpg. best bargain for a high performance 2 seat car"

Awsome True American muscle

By on Monday, March 18, 2013

Pros: "lots of power and cruises like a Mercedes too"

Cons: "A tight interior for a big guy. 5'8" fits perfect"

"This is my second Corvette owned. My first was a 1997 coupe. my next one will be a 2013 Grand Sport..."

Fastest car I'll ever own!

By on Thursday, November 07, 2013

Pros: "fun-to-drive, FAST, attention-getter, comfortable"

Cons: "slightly harsh ride, non-removable top, no MP3"

"This is car is FAST! I had a 2002 Pontiac Firebird TransAm WS6 before and the Z06 blows it away, in both speed and luxury. It is also an attention getter. It gets looks everywhere I go. I've had the car for 2 years now and have not had any major problems (only had to replace the spring on the fuel door release). The build quality is unbelievable compared to other cars I've owned and do own. Everything is solid with no 'rattles'. It could easily pass as a daily driver, just be careful where you drive it (it sits very low so it will scrape on entering/exiting some businesses or speed bumps). The hatch area is larger and holds more than you would think (I even hauled a bicycle in it once). The HUD (Heads Up Display) is great, showing you not only speed and temp/oil temp and such, but also has a g-force meter built-in. This can be customized to your liking, or turned off completely. Just about the only thing I don't like is the fact that the top is not removable like the base Corvettes. Other than that, I LOVE this car and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a fun-to-drive (over 1 g's in the corners) car that is faster than 98% of other vehicles on the road. 0-60MPH: 3.4s, top speed: 198MPH"

This car sticks to the road.

By on Tuesday, August 13, 2013

"Great Performance and Gas mileage. On cruise control @ 80MPH I get an awesome 29.1 MPG! The cornering, power and braking are simply awesome!!!!!"

A great low mileage one owner great to drive car

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pros: "Low mileage great price lots of extras"

Cons: "Can't drive in winter rear wheel"

"My vette is cyber grey with black interior. It has heads up display and Magniflo pipes plus I also have the oem pipes. It has low mileage and a one owner. Handles like a dream and fun to drive."

Terriffic!!

By on Saturday, November 16, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive and fun to look at."

Cons: "So low it is hard to get out of."

"My corvette is bright yellow with perhaps the best exterior body style of any sports car. It is the most powerful car I have ever owned. Yet it also gets the best mileage of any car I have ever owned. I just love the way it hugs the road on a freeway entry and its ability to provide an extremely quick burst of speed for passing is almost unbelievable. The yellow color and the modern body style also makes it very noticeable on the road or parked."

Great car (Reviewed Vs. Similar Segment Cars)

By on Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pros: "Huge bang for buck, fun to drive, very fast."

Cons: "Interior design, seats lack side bolstering"

"I got my Corvette a little over a year ago and it has been fantastic. I do not just keep it in the garage 100% of the time, I drive it like it was meant to be driven as often as I can and the car handles it perfectly. That is not to say I beat on it, but I will go out and have a spirited drive on a weekend every now and then. When driven hard, the Goodyears that come stock are a little unforgiving with big bumps and at the limits of grip (they like to break loose fast). This is not a problem for 99% of owners, but it is my opinion for the other 1%. As for a road trip car, I have not owned a better one. On long trips the seats are comfortable, the ride is not harsh, and the engine is quiet at low revs. I also pull about 30MPG on long trips where I am traveling at about 65-70mph. I average about 22.5mpg overall. I love the car and would only ever trade it for a newer Corvette, fantastic car. That said, it is a sports car, it has only 2 seats, can not be driven in the winter, is a hairy drive in heavy rain, it takes premium gas, all the components (tires, brakes, oil, alignments, etc.) are expensive, and it rides very low which makes it a challenge to get in and out of, more so with the roof on. Know what you are buying, if, like me, you do not care about it being practical, it is a fantastic car and you will love it to death. If you want more practicality, I'd consider looking at an M3, not as fast, but much more livable if you get the sedan."

Z06 is a "Supercar" that you can drive everyday!

By on Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Pros: "A smooth riding, comfortable, cool, reliable supercar for daily driving"

Cons: "Expensive frequent tire replacements. Seats which lack side bolsters."

2008 Jetstream Blue Corvette Z06

"The Z06 Corvette has by far the best performance, looks, comfort and convenience of any sportscar within double its price. It truly has the performance of a supercar with exhilarating acceleration, cornering (over 1 g) and braking. It is the lightest production car made (alumimun/magnezium frame, carbon fiber panels) with over 500 hp, with a total weight of only about 200lbs more than the small 4 cylinder Honda S2000. So it ends up besting more powerful cars like the 600HP Viper and 550HP Ford GT in almost all categories. And, .... yet it is smooth comfortable, cool ride on daily driving with an amazing 28 mpg on the highway at 80 mph and no less than 17 mpg in heavy city driving. Back hatch held large Costco run for supplies. Highway cruising is effortless and the Z06 looks amazing! Active handling keeps the car under control with even novice drivers. Best car I have ever owned. GM really did their homework to build a no-hassle supercar!!"

2008 Jetstream Blue Corvette Z06

This is Vette # five for me and the best so far!

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Pros: "Best Bang for the buck !!"

"This is Vette # five for me and the best so far! Most definitely the fastest best handling yet, We'll see what the next one brings! If you've never owned a Vette ! Hold on to your hat when you drive this one :)"

Best mid-life crisis veh a girl could ever want!!!

By on Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Pros: "Beautiful veh & fun to drive"

Cons: "Can't think of any!"

"This car was a fantasy car for my husband and I. We drove it to Florida three times and came back home and parked it in the garage-covered!. It has 2 different tops(moon roof and painted-the car is black) it has racing type seats (black and gray). It also has the "heads up display" and automatic transmission/paddle shift and Bose sound system. The floor mats were given to us by the salesman because it was his first corvette sale!"

Never had a major problem. Great car

By on Saturday, January 18, 2014

Pros: "great value, fun to drive, very reliable"

Cons: "tires are expensive, seats were not as supportive"

"I used this as my daily driver. 70,000 miles and only had one repair that was not maintenance and it was covered under warranty. Good gas mileage at 17 in city and 26 or 27 on the highway. Tires are expensive. Run flat tires loose grip after half of their life. Go with the regular tires and get an inflation kit. Seats were not the greatest. Navigation works great, but new DVD discs for it cost $350. The GM protection program was not too expensive, but I never did need it. I would get another Vette."

Best Vette I have ever owned.

By on Thursday, February 28, 2013

Pros: "Has all the power I will ever need!!!!!!!!!!"

Cons: "Headlights are a little dim down the road."

"This is my 5th Vette 2013 GS LT2 coupe!By for this C6 out performs the previous ones I owned! MPG is 27 @ 70 MPH not bad at all.The only thing that Chevrolet could have done better is the headlights at night even with the high beam on I find you cannot see that for ahead,but overall I Love my Vette !!!!"

Awesome ride

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Pros: "Fast, fun, great mileage, no problems in 5 years"

"We have owned 5 Corvettes and 5 Nissan 280 - 350 Z's. This is by far the best of all of them. It is scary fast, very economical to drive, and fun, fun, fun. It has also held value really well. We average 29+ mpg on a long trip, city and hwy combined."

2008 Z-06 Wil Cooksey car

By on Friday, August 24, 2012

Pros: "Fun car to drive and you sure get a lot of looks"

Cons: "C-6 harded to get out of than earlier cars"

"I have owned several and worked on many Corvettes over the years from a 1953 to a 2008. Currently own a 1973 454 4spd for over 30 years, a 2006 6 spd convertible and a 2008 Z-06 Wil Cooksy special edition. The performance of the C-6 generation cars is so amazing. The 2006 is more enjoyable to drive than the 2008 but for sheer excitement the 2008 is the hardest running Corvette I have ever been around. I wish they would have put the better seats in the Z-06 like were available in the regular cars. I am 6'4" and am comfortable in the car for long trips. Harder to get out of than a C-5 they had a bump about half way up the rear door post you could use to push up on. You would be hard pressed to find a car that gives you the handling, performance and the head turning of a Corvette for anywhere near the cost."

Best car I've ever driven and owned

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "Powerful, fun and a head turner"

Cons: "Location of cup holders"

"Absolutely no complaints. This car is powerful when needed and has lots of cargo space, despite it's size. Since there is no spare tire (due to the reliable "run flat" tires) the storage space is incredible. My only little complaint is the location of the cup holders, right next to the manual shifter. Cups can get in the way of quick shifting. Best feature, it's power. When driving on or off the highway and getting around or out of the way of 18-wheeler's, the power is vital and controllable when driven by an experienced sports-car driver."

vary fast,eat's tires up at $700.00 each

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "head turner"

Cons: "interior very loud (road noise)"

"vary fast,eat's tires up at $700.00 each"

American icon

By on Thursday, February 09, 2012

Pros: "Price, 505 hp, looks, American icon"

Cons: "Expensive tires, seats could be a little better"

"What a beast. Tame and comfy when you want it to be but when you hit the go pedal be prepared to go into a time warp. It is amazing and scares me a little bit. Must respect this car. I really can't fathom driving the zr1 with that much more horsepower."

Everyone should own at least one in there life

By on Friday, January 27, 2012

Pros: "See my review comments."

Cons: "Ser my review comments."

"Expensive but the best bang for the buck in sports cars. Every year they keep getting better. Comfortable, fast, tight handling, good fuel mileage, and a great looking car. And its imported from Kentucky! (smile)"

Best vehicle EVER!

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pros: "You are the King of the hill."

Cons: "It doesn't make me a sandwich after a romp!"

"After 4 years of ownership, it is still amazing to me that this thing has so much performance and gets this kind of fuel mileage. 28 mpg average in my experience. Reliabilty is also incredible, nothing but oil changes so far."