2006 Chevrolet Corvette

9.3

Based on 696 Ratings for the 2005 - 2013 models.

9.7/10

A great low mileage one owner great to drive car

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pros: "Low mileage great price lots of extras"

Cons: "Can't drive in winter rear wheel"

"My vette is cyber grey with black interior. It has heads up display and Magniflo pipes plus I also have the oem pipes. It has low mileage and a one owner. Handles like a dream and fun to drive."

This is Vette # five for me and the best so far!

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Pros: "Best Bang for the buck !!"

"This is Vette # five for me and the best so far! Most definitely the fastest best handling yet, We'll see what the next one brings! If you've never owned a Vette ! Hold on to your hat when you drive this one :)"

Terriffic!!

By on Saturday, November 16, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive and fun to look at."

Cons: "So low it is hard to get out of."

"My corvette is bright yellow with perhaps the best exterior body style of any sports car. It is the most powerful car I have ever owned. Yet it also gets the best mileage of any car I have ever owned. I just love the way it hugs the road on a freeway entry and its ability to provide an extremely quick burst of speed for passing is almost unbelievable. The yellow color and the modern body style also makes it very noticeable on the road or parked."

Great car (Reviewed Vs. Similar Segment Cars)

By on Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pros: "Huge bang for buck, fun to drive, very fast."

Cons: "Interior design, seats lack side bolstering"

"I got my Corvette a little over a year ago and it has been fantastic. I do not just keep it in the garage 100% of the time, I drive it like it was meant to be driven as often as I can and the car handles it perfectly. That is not to say I beat on it, but I will go out and have a spirited drive on a weekend every now and then. When driven hard, the Goodyears that come stock are a little unforgiving with big bumps and at the limits of grip (they like to break loose fast). This is not a problem for 99% of owners, but it is my opinion for the other 1%. As for a road trip car, I have not owned a better one. On long trips the seats are comfortable, the ride is not harsh, and the engine is quiet at low revs. I also pull about 30MPG on long trips where I am traveling at about 65-70mph. I average about 22.5mpg overall. I love the car and would only ever trade it for a newer Corvette, fantastic car. That said, it is a sports car, it has only 2 seats, can not be driven in the winter, is a hairy drive in heavy rain, it takes premium gas, all the components (tires, brakes, oil, alignments, etc.) are expensive, and it rides very low which makes it a challenge to get in and out of, more so with the roof on. Know what you are buying, if, like me, you do not care about it being practical, it is a fantastic car and you will love it to death. If you want more practicality, I'd consider looking at an M3, not as fast, but much more livable if you get the sedan."

I really lovew everything about this car!

By on Saturday, November 26, 2011

Pros: "Looks - Performance - Handling Charistics - FUN!"

Cons: "It has none!"

"This is the most awesome vehicle I have ever driven or owned. It is "Beauty" and "The Beast". It is total fun, excitement, and stunning in both looks and performance - one could never hope to have a more complete and total package (including fantastic value)."

Best mid-life crisis veh a girl could ever want!!!

By on Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Pros: "Beautiful veh & fun to drive"

Cons: "Can't think of any!"

"This car was a fantasy car for my husband and I. We drove it to Florida three times and came back home and parked it in the garage-covered!. It has 2 different tops(moon roof and painted-the car is black) it has racing type seats (black and gray). It also has the "heads up display" and automatic transmission/paddle shift and Bose sound system. The floor mats were given to us by the salesman because it was his first corvette sale!"

Best Vette I have ever owned.

By on Thursday, February 28, 2013

Pros: "Has all the power I will ever need!!!!!!!!!!"

Cons: "Headlights are a little dim down the road."

"This is my 5th Vette 2013 GS LT2 coupe!By for this C6 out performs the previous ones I owned! MPG is 27 @ 70 MPH not bad at all.The only thing that Chevrolet could have done better is the headlights at night even with the high beam on I find you cannot see that for ahead,but overall I Love my Vette !!!!"

Awesome ride

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Pros: "Fast, fun, great mileage, no problems in 5 years"

"We have owned 5 Corvettes and 5 Nissan 280 - 350 Z's. This is by far the best of all of them. It is scary fast, very economical to drive, and fun, fun, fun. It has also held value really well. We average 29+ mpg on a long trip, city and hwy combined."

2008 Z-06 Wil Cooksey car

By on Friday, August 24, 2012

Pros: "Fun car to drive and you sure get a lot of looks"

Cons: "C-6 harded to get out of than earlier cars"

"I have owned several and worked on many Corvettes over the years from a 1953 to a 2008. Currently own a 1973 454 4spd for over 30 years, a 2006 6 spd convertible and a 2008 Z-06 Wil Cooksy special edition. The performance of the C-6 generation cars is so amazing. The 2006 is more enjoyable to drive than the 2008 but for sheer excitement the 2008 is the hardest running Corvette I have ever been around. I wish they would have put the better seats in the Z-06 like were available in the regular cars. I am 6'4" and am comfortable in the car for long trips. Harder to get out of than a C-5 they had a bump about half way up the rear door post you could use to push up on. You would be hard pressed to find a car that gives you the handling, performance and the head turning of a Corvette for anywhere near the cost."

Best car I've ever driven and owned

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "Powerful, fun and a head turner"

Cons: "Location of cup holders"

"Absolutely no complaints. This car is powerful when needed and has lots of cargo space, despite it's size. Since there is no spare tire (due to the reliable "run flat" tires) the storage space is incredible. My only little complaint is the location of the cup holders, right next to the manual shifter. Cups can get in the way of quick shifting. Best feature, it's power. When driving on or off the highway and getting around or out of the way of 18-wheeler's, the power is vital and controllable when driven by an experienced sports-car driver."