2006 Chevrolet Corvette

9.3

Based on 670 Ratings for the 2005 - 2013 models.

9.7/10

I Love it!

By on Thursday, September 05, 2013

Pros: "Great gas milage! 436hp, looks, handling"

Cons: "annoy Porsche and Audi owners when you pass them"

"It's not for everyone,if you have to transport kids or elderly people who have a problem sitting down low or someone who might soil their pants when they get thrown back into the seat. It's an excellent fun car for a pleasure cruise, it has plenty of power, incredible handling and the convertible has plenty of trunk space enough to carry two golf bags or a busy day's worth of shopping. It's not for the lumber yard. It's not for snow or harsh weather (it can get you home safe in it but why risk it). If you own other cars and want to play, this is a beauty. If your shopping for a 6spd manual, get the HUD, the tach revs so fast you need to keep an eye on it. I also own an older Corvette, and 2 Camaros, and have had a 68 Shelby GT500 & 70 Boss 302. This car makes me miss those less. You only live once....have fun! BTW Mine gets 30mpg @ 70mph in 6th gear."

awesome car, chevrolet finally got it right

By on Thursday, May 30, 2013

Pros: "trouble free, inexpensive to take trips in"

"have owned 4 Porsches ( 356 sc, 911s 944, 911sc ) , bought this 2008 off showroom floor, the most trouble free auto i have ever owned, daily driver, driven hard, street and some track ( totally stock with Z-51 package ) looks like new, drives like new, and still smells like new, 114,250 miles and zero spent on repairs ( oil change every 10,000, new air filter at 110,000, always average 28 mpg. best bargain for a high performance 2 seat car"

Awsome True American muscle

By on Monday, March 18, 2013

Pros: "lots of power and cruises like a Mercedes too"

Cons: "A tight interior for a big guy. 5'8" fits perfect"

"This is my second Corvette owned. My first was a 1997 coupe. my next one will be a 2013 Grand Sport..."

Fastest car I'll ever own!

By on Thursday, November 07, 2013

Pros: "fun-to-drive, FAST, attention-getter, comfortable"

Cons: "slightly harsh ride, non-removable top, no MP3"

"This is car is FAST! I had a 2002 Pontiac Firebird TransAm WS6 before and the Z06 blows it away, in both speed and luxury. It is also an attention getter. It gets looks everywhere I go. I've had the car for 2 years now and have not had any major problems (only had to replace the spring on the fuel door release). The build quality is unbelievable compared to other cars I've owned and do own. Everything is solid with no 'rattles'. It could easily pass as a daily driver, just be careful where you drive it (it sits very low so it will scrape on entering/exiting some businesses or speed bumps). The hatch area is larger and holds more than you would think (I even hauled a bicycle in it once). The HUD (Heads Up Display) is great, showing you not only speed and temp/oil temp and such, but also has a g-force meter built-in. This can be customized to your liking, or turned off completely. Just about the only thing I don't like is the fact that the top is not removable like the base Corvettes. Other than that, I LOVE this car and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a fun-to-drive (over 1 g's in the corners) car that is faster than 98% of other vehicles on the road. 0-60MPH: 3.4s, top speed: 198MPH"

This car sticks to the road.

By on Tuesday, August 13, 2013

"Great Performance and Gas mileage. On cruise control @ 80MPH I get an awesome 29.1 MPG! The cornering, power and braking are simply awesome!!!!!"