2006 Chevrolet Corvette

9.3

Based on 677 Ratings for the 2005 - 2013 models.

9.7/10

A powerful car with everyday driving convenience

By on Monday, April 08, 2013

Pros: "Reliable power, good sized trunk"

Cons: "Eats car batteries and tires."

"A great car. Fun to drive. Fits two sets of golf clubs in the trunk. Great gas mileage for a car with 400 hp. This is my third corvette and by far my favorite. I now have 70,000 miles on the car and have had no mechanical issues. Take it in for an oil change twice a year and it doesnt need much else other than a battery every year. I will take that small yearly cost in place of the hassle of repairs on a lesser vehicle."

Who wouldn't want to own a Corvette?

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "Performance, Price, Recognition"

Cons: "None that I can see so far"

"The Corvette is the ultimate American sports car. You can't find more performance at the affordable price that Chevrolet offers. The car handles and performs just as great as it looks and after 45,000 miles and three winters (that's right-I drive it year 'round in Michigan) it has had ZERO mechanical issues. If you're looking for the smooth quiet ride of a Cadillac you've come to the wrong place. Don't forget this is a true monster on the road with tight sport suspension and a screaming V8 to keep you wide awake."

This is my 4th Vette.

By on Monday, August 19, 2013

Pros: "Great gas mileage and fun to drive. Governed @ 182"

Cons: "My fear factor set in at 140 mph"

"Like my wife say's, This car has the WOW factor. I've owned this one for 2 yrs. Avg. mpg is 21/30. But I have gotten similar mpg with all 4. I change my oil every 5K mi. I have had NO mechanical problems at all with any of them. Get rid of the Run Flat tires!!!!!!!!!!! The Vette will have a much better ride and with the money you save you can call a tow truck several times if you have a flat. It's a daily driver for me but it is also an excellent car for road trips. Very comfortable and exciting to drive."

A well made car and very fast

By on Saturday, August 30, 2014

Reason: Traded for 2014 Corvette Z51 convertible

Pros: "Fun to drive, a great looker and intimidating."

Cons: "Horrendous depreciation, cramped cabin."

2007 Z06 Corvette

"I bought this car for sticker price in December of 2006 at the dealer. The depreciation was horrendous. The car performed flawlessly every time I used it and it got 27 MPG on a highway trip to Florida from Nashville. I traded it only because of the reviews of the new C7 Corvette. I did not like the charge to refresh the navigation system with a new CD. For this much money, GM should have given it to me. A seriously quick car off the line and just a bit uncomfortable on a long trip. It never gave me any problem and I got less than half of what I paid though, when I traded it with only 3,800 miles on it, but it was seven model years old. I should have bought mine used and had a lot of cash left over."

2007 Z06 Corvette

Performance at a great price

By on Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Pros: "Performance, Style, Gas Mileage, Comfort"

Cons: "Transmission-Slow to downshift"

"We bought this car used with 10,000 miles on it. It is a 2008 Convertable in Jetstream blue. We felt the car was a good value wtih the low mileage it had. This is a daily driver, back and forth to work. It has 436 horsepower and gets 25MPG!!, which I think is unbelieveable. In the touring mode the car drives similar to my wife's STS except over the big bumps. The ride is smoother than I thought it would be, we could take this car cross-country with no issues at all. In the sport mode, the car stiffens up for the smooth highway roads and around the corners. The dual note exhaust sounds great, I did install the mild to wild exhaust, which just keeps the exhaust loud or quiet by the push of a button. The car has no darting issues as some of my other corvettes have had in the past. The automatic transmission works great. But, if you are looking for more performance, the paddle shifters are a must. In auto-mode it takes too long to downshift. I've had no problems with the car. Overall this car has surpassed my expectations. I believe this car would blow away my 1969 427 Corvette, which I still own and believe it or not, if I had to pick one, I would take the C6."

I Love it!

By on Thursday, September 05, 2013

Pros: "Great gas milage! 436hp, looks, handling"

Cons: "annoy Porsche and Audi owners when you pass them"

"It's not for everyone,if you have to transport kids or elderly people who have a problem sitting down low or someone who might soil their pants when they get thrown back into the seat. It's an excellent fun car for a pleasure cruise, it has plenty of power, incredible handling and the convertible has plenty of trunk space enough to carry two golf bags or a busy day's worth of shopping. It's not for the lumber yard. It's not for snow or harsh weather (it can get you home safe in it but why risk it). If you own other cars and want to play, this is a beauty. If your shopping for a 6spd manual, get the HUD, the tach revs so fast you need to keep an eye on it. I also own an older Corvette, and 2 Camaros, and have had a 68 Shelby GT500 & 70 Boss 302. This car makes me miss those less. You only live once....have fun! BTW Mine gets 30mpg @ 70mph in 6th gear."

awesome car, chevrolet finally got it right

By on Thursday, May 30, 2013

Pros: "trouble free, inexpensive to take trips in"

"have owned 4 Porsches ( 356 sc, 911s 944, 911sc ) , bought this 2008 off showroom floor, the most trouble free auto i have ever owned, daily driver, driven hard, street and some track ( totally stock with Z-51 package ) looks like new, drives like new, and still smells like new, 114,250 miles and zero spent on repairs ( oil change every 10,000, new air filter at 110,000, always average 28 mpg. best bargain for a high performance 2 seat car"

Awsome True American muscle

By on Monday, March 18, 2013

Pros: "lots of power and cruises like a Mercedes too"

Cons: "A tight interior for a big guy. 5'8" fits perfect"

"This is my second Corvette owned. My first was a 1997 coupe. my next one will be a 2013 Grand Sport..."

Fastest car I'll ever own!

By on Thursday, November 07, 2013

Pros: "fun-to-drive, FAST, attention-getter, comfortable"

Cons: "slightly harsh ride, non-removable top, no MP3"

"This is car is FAST! I had a 2002 Pontiac Firebird TransAm WS6 before and the Z06 blows it away, in both speed and luxury. It is also an attention getter. It gets looks everywhere I go. I've had the car for 2 years now and have not had any major problems (only had to replace the spring on the fuel door release). The build quality is unbelievable compared to other cars I've owned and do own. Everything is solid with no 'rattles'. It could easily pass as a daily driver, just be careful where you drive it (it sits very low so it will scrape on entering/exiting some businesses or speed bumps). The hatch area is larger and holds more than you would think (I even hauled a bicycle in it once). The HUD (Heads Up Display) is great, showing you not only speed and temp/oil temp and such, but also has a g-force meter built-in. This can be customized to your liking, or turned off completely. Just about the only thing I don't like is the fact that the top is not removable like the base Corvettes. Other than that, I LOVE this car and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a fun-to-drive (over 1 g's in the corners) car that is faster than 98% of other vehicles on the road. 0-60MPH: 3.4s, top speed: 198MPH"

This car sticks to the road.

By on Tuesday, August 13, 2013

"Great Performance and Gas mileage. On cruise control @ 80MPH I get an awesome 29.1 MPG! The cornering, power and braking are simply awesome!!!!!"