2004 Chevrolet Corvette

9.5

Based on 690 Ratings for the 1997 - 2004 models.

9.7/10
    9.8/10

A real Gem!

By on Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, MPG better than SubarU"

Cons: "Interior F&F could better."

"I've owned 5 Corvettes. This C5 is the best. No drama, just goes and goes... Gas milage isn't bad. always at least 28 on the road. I even pumped it up to 475HP. Real factory Hp is 430... I had a 911 and this will run rings around it. Always feels grounded. With cross-drilled brakes it will stop on a dime... Very good value if you can find a good one."

One very fast no frills ride

By on Thursday, January 3, 2013

Pros: "blinding raw power and accelleration"

Cons: "not much grip from the rear tires."

"I own 2 Corvette Z-06 models, this '02 and an '07. This '02 is a deadly fast ride without any thing to save you except your own driving skills. I would not recommend this car unless you are an experienced driver as once you "get your foot into it" you really better have your wits about you. It is deadly fast, the stock tires are pretty useless as far as grip in the rear and the car can get away from you quicker than you may think possible. Mine is red and is truly a wild car. Not for the faint of heart, definitely not a toy."

Wonderful machine

By on Saturday, July 13, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive - most bang for the buck."

Cons: "Very low. Hard to get in and out of."

"Handling and braking are excellent. Low end torque suprises because it is so strong. HP and raw acceleration are well known. Low end torque makes the car very driveable on a daily basis. Body is tight - doesn't rattle like older versions. Nice to look at and drive! Ran out of room below re very low - must be very careful not to hit curbs etc with front end. Also, sharp curbs will drag the front spoiler - good news - it's plastic and folds when hit."

Awesome

By on Thursday, December 13, 2007

"When I bought this car my wife thought it was going to be a rough ride, she was impressed and wants to go everywhere in it. We drove it from S. Indiana to Pa. and on one leg of the trip we got 27 mpg and on another we got 28 mpg, I was impressed. It has wonderful acceleration, it handles, and is comfortable to drive. It is easy to get in and out of, I'm 6'5" and 53 yrs. old. The only problem is that the cops have an eye for it too 4 tickets so far. One doesn't realize how fast one is going, feels like 65 at 120. I have had it going 180 in 5th, really wish I was on a road to find out how fast it would go when in 6th. Great car and my wife loves to drive it too."

A real attention getter

By on Sunday, July 22, 2007

"As far as bang for the buck, you cannot beat a Corvette. World class performance for a reasonable price. The value holds as well, with new vettes going up, the C5 is able to retain most of its value. The handling is the best feature of this car. It simply grabs the road and drives through corners like no other. The only downside to this car is the runflat tires. I opted the last time to put BFG KDW tires on it and take my chances with a flat tire. The road noise was eliminater and the ride quality really improved."

Has been very reliable and still in good shape

By on Saturday, December 21, 2013

Pros: "It has served me well and been very reliable"

Cons: "this car has convinced me to buy a 2011 Vette"

"This is a company car that has given me very good service. It still averages 24.5 MPG. Drivers seat shows wear but is repairable. It has a lot of miles but still runs well. It gets all good miles and does not burn oil. the front seals are starting to get tired. I have used Mobil 1 for life of the car and change the oil every 5 to 6 thousand miles."

Feels the Road

By on Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pros: "Exciting to drive, comfortablel, roomy back deck"

"I'm a gal driver, this is my third vette, I garage and cover my baby, she's 13 years old, am on my second set of tires, the original set began to granulate on me from age at 17,000 miles a year and a half ago. I love the way she feels the road--this is not a coach made vehicle, you will feel every bump, grade and twist in the road--you can tell you are in a true high performance sports car that is wicked fast. You can lose your butt in a heartbeat in this car if you don't understand how it performs because it can get away from you. On the other hand, it is reassuringly powerful with a very fast response. I'm short so I love the comfort of the auto adjust seats. I kept my other vettes a long time because these cars last and last so I'll probably keep her for another 5-6 years, I get offers on her pretty often. My others sold easily, also. That's a another good thing. I haven't had a lot of maintenance, only had to replace a window motor and headlamp motor, once again because of age, as well as the original wiper blades, hoses and belts. Do I get a kick out of being behind the wheel of this great vehicle? you bet--I also love walking away leaving challengers in the dust--when it's safe. For sure, I don't want to do anything that's gonna hurt my ride. Don't want to get tagged either, especially at my age, but it's nice to know that my car is a standout, can handle most any situation wherever we go and doesn't show her age. She's probably my last vette, but who knows?"

some maintenance troubles

By on Friday, August 10, 2007

"Drive it every day. Tires go fast and it's a little noisy and bumpy but it wouldn't be any fun if it wasn't. I think next time I'll get a non z06 for the day to day comfort and the magnetic suspension. Traction control went out ~35k, got it fixed for $2k, starting giving warnings again ~60k and I haven't bothered. AC dash unit went out ~45k, I think that was ~$400. Front brake calipers were out at ~65k and that was over $1k."

2004C5 The car is a rocketship, Very fast and Fun

By on Sunday, June 8, 2014

Pros: "Great price for a good car"

Cons: "softer suspension,"

"The car drives like a dream" The launch off the line is amazing, mustangs and vipers and even motorcycles have a problem off the line with 2004 C5 automatic, I'm assuming someone put a chip in my car, its scary fast. I would never get rid of it. By the way its also a semi-convertible with room for 2 sets of golf clubs."

Very sporty and agile

By on Friday, January 17, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "No cup holders, so we added one"

"This car rides and drives as well as any car I have every owned. I was a bit reluctant to buy it because of drive-ability of previous models, but that problem was solved. Interior quality lacks a little - GM could have spent a little more time/money and done an excellent job. My car is "bone stock" but the power-to-weight ratio is VERY high so no need for any more horsepower. Styling is timeless, and the Victory red with black convertible top always gets a lot of looks when we are out in it."

scarry fast all stock except for exhaust

By on Saturday, January 4, 2014

Pros: "always fun to drive"

Cons: "premium gas only"

"purchased 5 yrs.ago for 22k. had 42k.miles currently have 51k. on odometer. pristine condition with glass top and corsa exhaust system. a real eye catcher in metallic silver love my toy.this car is currently not for sale maybe in a few years Im 60 yrs. old and still like a thrill."

2003 50th Anniverery Car

By on Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pros: "Great power, handling and looks"

Cons: "could have had a little more refined interior"

"This is truly one of the nicest corvettes made. It drives great plenty of power and great gas milage. I love driving it with the top down always get lots of compliments. The car handles like a dream. Looking forward to getting a 2014 model next."

My fourth Vette, best yet.

By on Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, great trunk for conv"

Cons: "not enough sun shine in CT"

"Being the last year of the C5 model I believe has all of the little issues worked out. Would love to have move into a C6 or C7 but can't justify the cost as this one is without issue and only used for summer months."

Z06 - Truly FAST Traffic

By on Thursday, April 17, 2008

"I purchased my 2003 Z06 Corvette used from a Chevy Dealer in 2007 and is my third Corvette. I am a 'Boomer' and a very experienced driver. I've had performance cars all my life, including a 1970 SS-396/375 w/ solid lifters, 1986 Dodge Shelby Charger, 1992 Corvette, 2000 Corvette Coupe and a 1990 Mustang HO 5.0 Notchback. Compared to this Z06, all my previous cars are irrelevant and crude. My Z06 becomes a part of me when I'm driving. It's responsive to every input...my every thought...my every twitch on the gas pedal and steering wheel. ----She's unbelievably FAST, and seems to get a 'second-wind' as I shift up through the power band. My Z06 is a totally different driving experience than my 2000 Vette. The 2000 is a great winter and foul-weather car...also fast in her own right, a much smoother ride...a cruiser...a wonderful, comfortable daily drive. The Z06 is a rougher ride...tighter, noisier...almost a race car that you can drive every day. So far, I have not been able to find enough safe, open road to explore the full potential of the Z06. ----The 2003 Z06 up's: Super Power with no modifications necessary, high-G road holding and turning abilities, excellent brakes, head-up display really works! (I wouldn't buy a Vette without head-up), wonderful Millennium Yellow paint, great gas mileage that keeps getting better (23.2 average driving to work in-town everyday. 26.6 on a recent trip from Maryland to SC - compared to 28.2 with my 2000 Vette). ----The 2003 Z06 down's: Cheap leather seats w/ weak seat-backs, notchy stiff shifter, unable to find all-season/winter tires or run-flats for my Z06 at any price (Goodyear F1 supercar summer tires only are recommended). ----FINAL WORDS: 2008 is a great time for 'muscle cars', sports cars and big power. But, Premium gasoline prices are hitting $3.70 a gallon now and predicted to go to $4.00, perhaps even $5.00 a gallon. The new CAFE standards will require 35-MPG per model by 2020. Therefore, the future of performance cars is uncertain at best. So, if you have any thoughts about buying a car of this ilk, this may be your last chance to follow your dream. My credo is 'For the money, a good used Corvette is generally better than almost any NEW car on the road today'. They hold their value well and driving a Vette elevates you into an exclusive Club inhabited only by you and your fellow Corvette drivers. The 2003 Z06 is safer, faster, stronger, better than every 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's muscle car I've ever driven...and, I've driven many! So, (in Vette-speak) pursue your passion! Buy a Vette. Remember to 'Save the Wave' and acknowledge fellow Vette drivers whenever you see them. -DJ"

Quintessential American Sports car

By on Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Pros: "Best bang for the buck I have ever seen!!"

"Incredibly fun to drive, a huge head turning quotent, powerful, agile, beautiful to look at standing still or at 120 MPH on the track. The only minus (and a VERY small one) is that it can be a bit uncomfortable on a long trip (over two hours). BUT!! Come on! It's a Corvette!"

fast fun and great gas mileage if you can go easy!

By on Thursday, December 27, 2012

Pros: "great car for the $"

Cons: "parts are pricey"

"these are great cars with crazy 0-60 and a top speed you wont touch....up to 30 mpg lots of cosmetic upgrades to make them your own and just a nice car all around"

Solid reliable true sports car.

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "Best bargain in a supercar anywhere in the world"

Cons: "Can't bring home a sheet of plywood"

"Bought it new, had few problems. Tradeoffs are all up front--it's a real sports car, so ride is solid, without a lot of extra room for driver-passenger. But, the trunk's pretty spacious, even in the ragtop, and the heads-up display quickly became a favorite feature. Just look thru it and match it up to the road sign to be sure you're not attracting unwanted attention. Acceleration is all anybody ever needs, and handling is extremely sporty and predictable--with override on the traction control, if you ever want to go back to basics to spin a doughnut or swing the back end out to make a tight u-turn somewhere. Still looks great and gets interest (I'm an extrovert) after 10 years."

corners very well, accelerates and stops quickly,

By on Sunday, February 12, 2012

Pros: "handles well, fun to pass, accelerates well"

Cons: "expensive to fix, sits low, difficult to ent/exit"

"corners very well, accelerates and stops quickly, attractive, eye catching, draws positive attention, driving into a headwind the car seems to press down to the road and handles even better, great car to pass in on 2-lane roads - out and back in lane in almost no time, doesn't take much room to pass, surprising more storage space than expected Negatives little hard to get into and out of, sits very low, doesn't like speed bumps or road kill, like most sports cars, repair shops see you coming - not cheap to fix anything, only 1 cup holder"

Overall A Good Car

By on Saturday, August 22, 2009

"This reveiw applies only to the 1997-2004 5th Generation Corvette. Cons: The interior fit and finish. GM should have used higher quality leather throughout the car and designed a more suitable seat for the type of driving this car is intended for. They should have also built better/more sturdy door panels. This is GM's flagship automobile. The quality should be the best they can produce. Most purchasers of this auto would gladly pay the additional $1000-$3000 per unit it would require to improve the interior. The "Corvette Tax" is also a major pain. Vendors seem to figure, if they'll buy a 'vette, they'll pay a premium for mods and accessories. Nothing for a 'vette is cheap or reasonably priced, by any standard other than Corvette or maybe Harley-Davidson. Pros: IT IS A CORVETTE. Super car-ish performance for the person on a budget. The car accelerates, stops, and corners like nothing most people have ever driven. It looks great and is, mostly, reliable. I can park my 1998 next to a 2008 and draw as much or more attention. The air conditioner is great, even in my convertible. The Bose stereo is good, although mine found a trash can soon after I bought the car. The sound quality was more than adequate for all but the audiophiles among us, but the quantity of the sound was not enough for me while driving with the top down. The gauge cluster is informative a pleasant to look at. The car has ample storage top up or down. You can carry enough luggage for 2 people to spend 7+ days away from home and still enjoy top down cruising on the way to and from your destination. Would I buy again? YES Would I suggest it to a friend? Yes I give it 4 out of 5 stars overall!"

Zoooooooooooom!!!!!

By on Friday, November 14, 2008

"We've owned our arctic white coupe for over 4 years and it still looks like it's brand new. It's not a garage queen...we drive it around 10K/year. The only limitations are winter weather driving. It's the most comfortable car we own. Mileage on the highways is close to 30mpg. Needless to say it's FAST when you want it to be. We strongly recommend getting a coupe for several reasons. The most impotant reason being the HUGE trunk space. It also has more trunk space than any of our other cars. We take trips throughout the year and there's plenty of room...two sets of golf clubs, two decent sized soft-sided suitcases, two ice chests and all the wife's other cosmetic bags, etc. Second..the body style of a coupe cannot be beat. And thirdly...When you take the top(s) off (we have both solid and glass tops we interchange), you have a built in rollbar for extra safety (for the wife's peace of mind)...not that it's going to ever roll over the way it's built. Last but not least....these cars can last forever. I have friends who have over 200,000 miles on their vettes and have had little major problems."

My best Vette

By on Monday, September 1, 2008

"Over the years I have owned 7 vetts from a 66 427 convertable to my 99 C5. I have had this one for 3 Years now and it is the best Vette I have ever owned. Comfort, reliablity and economy you can't beat it. For an old man of 60 now I need the lixury and comfort this C5 delivers. All I have had to do with this one is Wash Wax Change the Oil and 1 set of tires. The rest of the time I just enjoy it. Like Jay Leno says you don't need a shrink when you ownn a Vette. All you need to do is just run it through the gears and you troubles are GONE !!!!!!!!"

99 Vette Rag Top

By on Saturday, August 18, 2007

"First Vette, am happy with it but the ride can be bumpy, performance is great, has all options except magnesium wheels, no problems with anything so far, however it only has 20,000 miles. I've decided to keep it stock. Concerns I have is that the radio/heater lights flicker when idling. Very fun to drive but hate to park in a public lot. It sits very low so much care is needed when parking, steep inclines, and debirs on the road. It also has a few sqeaks-not Lexus quality."

Awesome car!

By on Friday, January 30, 2015

"Plenty of power and 19mpg!"

Very fast and great handling

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "Great price and fun to drive"

Cons: "No cup passenger holder"

"Eighty percent of the mileage is between New Orleans and Houston. This car handles great on the highway and the ride is very comfortable. But you have to watch your speed when accelerating around other cars for sometimes you will be well above the speed limit."

Great car

By on Sunday, February 17, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive - gets alot of attention when driving"

Cons: "Weekend driver"

"Very fast with a few added bolt-on's. Handles well with the proper tires."