2003 Chevrolet Corvette

9.5

Based on 681 Ratings for the 1997 - 2004 models.

9.7/10
    9.8/10

Awesome

By on Thursday, December 13, 2007

"When I bought this car my wife thought it was going to be a rough ride, she was impressed and wants to go everywhere in it. We drove it from S. Indiana to Pa. and on one leg of the trip we got 27 mpg and on another we got 28 mpg, I was impressed. It has wonderful acceleration, it handles, and is comfortable to drive. It is easy to get in and out of, I'm 6'5" and 53 yrs. old. The only problem is that the cops have an eye for it too 4 tickets so far. One doesn't realize how fast one is going, feels like 65 at 120. I have had it going 180 in 5th, really wish I was on a road to find out how fast it would go when in 6th. Great car and my wife loves to drive it too."

some maintenance troubles

By on Friday, August 10, 2007

"Drive it every day. Tires go fast and it's a little noisy and bumpy but it wouldn't be any fun if it wasn't. I think next time I'll get a non z06 for the day to day comfort and the magnetic suspension. Traction control went out ~35k, got it fixed for $2k, starting giving warnings again ~60k and I haven't bothered. AC dash unit went out ~45k, I think that was ~$400. Front brake calipers were out at ~65k and that was over $1k."

2004C5 The car is a rocketship, Very fast and Fun

By on Sunday, June 08, 2014

Pros: "Great price for a good car"

Cons: "softer suspension,"

"The car drives like a dream" The launch off the line is amazing, mustangs and vipers and even motorcycles have a problem off the line with 2004 C5 automatic, I'm assuming someone put a chip in my car, its scary fast. I would never get rid of it. By the way its also a semi-convertible with room for 2 sets of golf clubs."

Very sporty and agile

By on Friday, January 17, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "No cup holders, so we added one"

"This car rides and drives as well as any car I have every owned. I was a bit reluctant to buy it because of drive-ability of previous models, but that problem was solved. Interior quality lacks a little - GM could have spent a little more time/money and done an excellent job. My car is "bone stock" but the power-to-weight ratio is VERY high so no need for any more horsepower. Styling is timeless, and the Victory red with black convertible top always gets a lot of looks when we are out in it."

My fourth Vette, best yet.

By on Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, great trunk for conv"

Cons: "not enough sun shine in CT"

"Being the last year of the C5 model I believe has all of the little issues worked out. Would love to have move into a C6 or C7 but can't justify the cost as this one is without issue and only used for summer months."