2003 Chevrolet Corvette

9.5

Based on 665 Ratings for the 1997 - 2004 models.

9.7/10
    9.8/10

corners very well, accelerates and stops quickly,

By on Sunday, February 12, 2012

Pros: "handles well, fun to pass, accelerates well"

Cons: "expensive to fix, sits low, difficult to ent/exit"

"corners very well, accelerates and stops quickly, attractive, eye catching, draws positive attention, driving into a headwind the car seems to press down to the road and handles even better, great car to pass in on 2-lane roads - out and back in lane in almost no time, doesn't take much room to pass, surprising more storage space than expected Negatives little hard to get into and out of, sits very low, doesn't like speed bumps or road kill, like most sports cars, repair shops see you coming - not cheap to fix anything, only 1 cup holder"

Overall A Good Car

By on Saturday, August 22, 2009

"This reveiw applies only to the 1997-2004 5th Generation Corvette. Cons: The interior fit and finish. GM should have used higher quality leather throughout the car and designed a more suitable seat for the type of driving this car is intended for. They should have also built better/more sturdy door panels. This is GM's flagship automobile. The quality should be the best they can produce. Most purchasers of this auto would gladly pay the additional $1000-$3000 per unit it would require to improve the interior. The "Corvette Tax" is also a major pain. Vendors seem to figure, if they'll buy a 'vette, they'll pay a premium for mods and accessories. Nothing for a 'vette is cheap or reasonably priced, by any standard other than Corvette or maybe Harley-Davidson. Pros: IT IS A CORVETTE. Super car-ish performance for the person on a budget. The car accelerates, stops, and corners like nothing most people have ever driven. It looks great and is, mostly, reliable. I can park my 1998 next to a 2008 and draw as much or more attention. The air conditioner is great, even in my convertible. The Bose stereo is good, although mine found a trash can soon after I bought the car. The sound quality was more than adequate for all but the audiophiles among us, but the quantity of the sound was not enough for me while driving with the top down. The gauge cluster is informative a pleasant to look at. The car has ample storage top up or down. You can carry enough luggage for 2 people to spend 7+ days away from home and still enjoy top down cruising on the way to and from your destination. Would I buy again? YES Would I suggest it to a friend? Yes I give it 4 out of 5 stars overall!"

Zoooooooooooom!!!!!

By on Friday, November 14, 2008

"We've owned our arctic white coupe for over 4 years and it still looks like it's brand new. It's not a garage queen...we drive it around 10K/year. The only limitations are winter weather driving. It's the most comfortable car we own. Mileage on the highways is close to 30mpg. Needless to say it's FAST when you want it to be. We strongly recommend getting a coupe for several reasons. The most impotant reason being the HUGE trunk space. It also has more trunk space than any of our other cars. We take trips throughout the year and there's plenty of room...two sets of golf clubs, two decent sized soft-sided suitcases, two ice chests and all the wife's other cosmetic bags, etc. Second..the body style of a coupe cannot be beat. And thirdly...When you take the top(s) off (we have both solid and glass tops we interchange), you have a built in rollbar for extra safety (for the wife's peace of mind)...not that it's going to ever roll over the way it's built. Last but not least....these cars can last forever. I have friends who have over 200,000 miles on their vettes and have had little major problems."

some maintenance troubles

By on Friday, August 10, 2007

"Drive it every day. Tires go fast and it's a little noisy and bumpy but it wouldn't be any fun if it wasn't. I think next time I'll get a non z06 for the day to day comfort and the magnetic suspension. Traction control went out ~35k, got it fixed for $2k, starting giving warnings again ~60k and I haven't bothered. AC dash unit went out ~45k, I think that was ~$400. Front brake calipers were out at ~65k and that was over $1k."

Very fast and great handling

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "Great price and fun to drive"

Cons: "No cup passenger holder"

"Eighty percent of the mileage is between New Orleans and Houston. This car handles great on the highway and the ride is very comfortable. But you have to watch your speed when accelerating around other cars for sometimes you will be well above the speed limit."

scarry fast all stock except for exhaust

By on Saturday, January 04, 2014

Pros: "always fun to drive"

Cons: "premium gas only"

"purchased 5 yrs.ago for 22k. had 42k.miles currently have 51k. on odometer. pristine condition with glass top and corsa exhaust system. a real eye catcher in metallic silver love my toy.this car is currently not for sale maybe in a few years Im 60 yrs. old and still like a thrill."

Great car

By on Sunday, February 17, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive - gets alot of attention when driving"

Cons: "Weekend driver"

"Very fast with a few added bolt-on's. Handles well with the proper tires."

Solid reliable true sports car.

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "Best bargain in a supercar anywhere in the world"

Cons: "Can't bring home a sheet of plywood"

"Bought it new, had few problems. Tradeoffs are all up front--it's a real sports car, so ride is solid, without a lot of extra room for driver-passenger. But, the trunk's pretty spacious, even in the ragtop, and the heads-up display quickly became a favorite feature. Just look thru it and match it up to the road sign to be sure you're not attracting unwanted attention. Acceleration is all anybody ever needs, and handling is extremely sporty and predictable--with override on the traction control, if you ever want to go back to basics to spin a doughnut or swing the back end out to make a tight u-turn somewhere. Still looks great and gets interest (I'm an extrovert) after 10 years."

New owner, first experience report

By on Friday, February 03, 2012

Pros: "Value, performance, styling, comfort"

Cons: "Run flat tire noise, stereo is so-so quality"

"Just bought a 2004 in So. Calif. with 40k miles on it and drove it back to Pacific Northwest. You might be interested to know, car averaged 27.2 mpg on the 1000 mile trip (auto transmission). They say the auto does less mileage than manual but ANY car with 350 HP that can do 27 mpg is phenominal in my book. This car, as well as other C5's I test drove, is tight, no rattles, no cowl shake, solid in every way. I am extremely pleased. I have to think of comparing my 2004 Corvette convertible to the new Camaro rag tops. Not only is the Corvette now about half the cost, but it out performs the Camaro in every way and has timeless C5 styling and a resale that will hold solid with age. Dollar for dollar, the Corvette is an absolute automotive bargain you can't beat. Why wait, you're not getting any younger!"

Greatest american sports car past and present.

By on Saturday, December 10, 2011

Pros: "Very fast, very fun, and very pretty."

Cons: "Tiny interior, pricey maintenance."

"I've owned my Corvette for over 5 years now. I bought it for a great price in 2006, and the KBB value is nearly the same as it was upon purchase. These cars hold their value!(With proper care of course.) Let me start by saying that my car is lightly modified. These mods include: Corsa performance cat-back exhaust, K"