2003 Chevrolet Corvette

9.5

Based on 652 Ratings for the 1997 - 2004 models.

9.7/10
    9.8/10

love it

By on Thursday, December 11, 2014

"Drives like a dream!!"

Outstanding piece of automotive history

By on Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Pros: "Great marriage of technology, fun to drive"

Cons: "Cup holder to shallow, lack of storage"

"First car out of the 15 that I have owned that I can honestly say I love. The marriage of styling and technology is amazing and the performance can only be praised. I purchased this car for pleasure not racing and it hasn't disappointed me. From front to rear, from road to roof, from door to door it hasn't disappointed me. It takes a couple of weeks to learn how to drive a high performance car like this but it doesn't disappoint. Gas mileage is between 23 and 32 with the 5.7 350. It is sparse on storage but you learn how to use it. The front is low but it does have skid plates and after market devices to protect the front end."

best car ever

By on Friday, December 05, 2014

"love my corvette, sweet car"

KBB Not Correct

By on Thursday, December 04, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, Good mileage, no fuss - no muss."

Cons: "No spare."

"KBB Grossly underestimates the value of the Fixed Roof Coupe. You can't buy one in Very Good Condition and low miles for less than $17K. KBB Needs to get a more realistic value on this, rare, desirable Corvette."

Great bang for the buck.

By on Thursday, November 13, 2014

I want this car

Pros: "Amazing power for the price. Beautiful lines."

Cons: "Poor turning radius, Needs deeper cup holders."

2001 C5 Z06

"This is a review of the 2001 Z06 model. I'm the 4th owner of this car. I purchased it in July 2014 with 27979 miles at a cost of $23k. It's now at 29328 and in winter storage. I had the oil changed and the overall car checked out with the local dealer and they said it was like new. Torque starts low in RPM giving the car a very wide power band. Torque at wide open throttle at 4k is insane. Easy to bounce off the rev limiter so watch it. Lots of cars let you just floor it in many situations but this one you need to be careful especially be mindful when you're in a turn and you floor it or the backend will come around... just ease off the gas and you'll be fine. The car stays very flat in turns and is a blast to drive. I'd like something to hold me down a little more into the seat but I did recently find out that if you pull the seatbelt all the way out then let it go back in it will lock you in. Gives a great tucked in feeling. Visibility is surprisingly good. Ride is actually comfortable though getting in and out takes practice... if I swing both my legs out then stand instead of one leg at a time when exiting and sit and swing legs in instead of throwing one leg in prior to sitting it's easier. This car came with after market tires so I can't comment to the originals. It also came with a Corsa exhaust system and Halltech air intake giving maybe 15 to 20 hp together. Crackle and pop from the exhaust is supposedly hurting hp but I love the sound when I'm decelerating. An X pipe to replace the factory H pipe would give 5 hp and a smoother sound but I think it's worth 5 hp for that sound. I would like to have a shorter throw on the stick shift but that's easy enough to replace. Trunk space is generous and the Bose sound system is strong. Power to weight ratio is amazing. This car does not feel like it's 13 years old."

2001 C5 Z06