2002 Chevrolet Corvette

9.5

Based on 670 Ratings for the 1997 - 2004 models.

9.7/10
    9.8/10

A real Gem!

By on Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, MPG better than SubarU"

Cons: "Interior F&F could better."

"I've owned 5 Corvettes. This C5 is the best. No drama, just goes and goes... Gas milage isn't bad. always at least 28 on the road. I even pumped it up to 475HP. Real factory Hp is 430... I had a 911 and this will run rings around it. Always feels grounded. With cross-drilled brakes it will stop on a dime... Very good value if you can find a good one."

Wonderful machine

By on Saturday, July 13, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive - most bang for the buck."

Cons: "Very low. Hard to get in and out of."

"Handling and braking are excellent. Low end torque suprises because it is so strong. HP and raw acceleration are well known. Low end torque makes the car very driveable on a daily basis. Body is tight - doesn't rattle like older versions. Nice to look at and drive! Ran out of room below re very low - must be very careful not to hit curbs etc with front end. Also, sharp curbs will drag the front spoiler - good news - it's plastic and folds when hit."

One very fast no frills ride

By on Thursday, January 03, 2013

Pros: "blinding raw power and accelleration"

Cons: "not much grip from the rear tires."

"I own 2 Corvette Z-06 models, this '02 and an '07. This '02 is a deadly fast ride without any thing to save you except your own driving skills. I would not recommend this car unless you are an experienced driver as once you "get your foot into it" you really better have your wits about you. It is deadly fast, the stock tires are pretty useless as far as grip in the rear and the car can get away from you quicker than you may think possible. Mine is red and is truly a wild car. Not for the faint of heart, definitely not a toy."

Great car for the money, ride, power, comfort

By on Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Cons: "Interior could use a little higher quality."

"A wicked-fast sports car with reliability, great gas mileage (19-30)classic lines and handling. The power/weight ratio of the C5 Z06 with 50-50 weight distribution is a joy to drive on the straight or thru curves. It never fails to start and runs smoothly at any RPM range. Ride is not at all harsh given it's handling. For the money it is far and away the best value sports car on the road."

Fantastic Car

By on Saturday, April 06, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, beautiful, sporty, convertible"

Cons: "Costly repairs, hard to work on at home"

"I have had my vette for about 7 years now and LOVE it. It is beautiful, fun to drive, and makes commuting much more bearable. I've used it as a daily driver nearly the whole time I've owned it. It's needed about $1,000 worth of service per year, nothing major - the motor for the headlights and the oil pressure sensor, 2 solenoids in the transmission, etc. It has been well worth the investment and has been reliable, and held up really well over the years. It has a surprising amount of space in the back for luggage or groceries (or even dogs!) and gets very good gas mileage for how sporty it is - I average 22mpg in mine."

Feels the Road

By on Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pros: "Exciting to drive, comfortablel, roomy back deck"

"I'm a gal driver, this is my third vette, I garage and cover my baby, she's 13 years old, am on my second set of tires, the original set began to granulate on me from age at 17,000 miles a year and a half ago. I love the way she feels the road--this is not a coach made vehicle, you will feel every bump, grade and twist in the road--you can tell you are in a true high performance sports car that is wicked fast. You can lose your butt in a heartbeat in this car if you don't understand how it performs because it can get away from you. On the other hand, it is reassuringly powerful with a very fast response. I'm short so I love the comfort of the auto adjust seats. I kept my other vettes a long time because these cars last and last so I'll probably keep her for another 5-6 years, I get offers on her pretty often. My others sold easily, also. That's a another good thing. I haven't had a lot of maintenance, only had to replace a window motor and headlamp motor, once again because of age, as well as the original wiper blades, hoses and belts. Do I get a kick out of being behind the wheel of this great vehicle? you bet--I also love walking away leaving challengers in the dust--when it's safe. For sure, I don't want to do anything that's gonna hurt my ride. Don't want to get tagged either, especially at my age, but it's nice to know that my car is a standout, can handle most any situation wherever we go and doesn't show her age. She's probably my last vette, but who knows?"

A real attention getter

By on Sunday, July 22, 2007

"As far as bang for the buck, you cannot beat a Corvette. World class performance for a reasonable price. The value holds as well, with new vettes going up, the C5 is able to retain most of its value. The handling is the best feature of this car. It simply grabs the road and drives through corners like no other. The only downside to this car is the runflat tires. I opted the last time to put BFG KDW tires on it and take my chances with a flat tire. The road noise was eliminater and the ride quality really improved."

Most fun car ever

By on Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Pros: "Beautiful car, great mileage,great handling"

Cons: "Cheap interior, too much plastic"

"The LS1 engine gets great mileage if you can keep from putting your foot into it. Engine is powerful and power adders are plentiful. There are enough around for sale that you can buy one to fixup reasonably and then speed equip. is becoming more reasonably priced. I just bored and stroked mine to 386 cubes with cam headers and a few other mods and now it's a bitchin' Torch red with black vert., ZO6 wheels and a powerhouse with 145000. I just smoked my friends new 2014 coupe, he just about died, since he just spent $77,000 on his. I'll keep mine then when I'm dead my grandson gets it to keep for when he has a son."

2003 50th Anniverery Car

By on Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pros: "Great power, handling and looks"

Cons: "could have had a little more refined interior"

"This is truly one of the nicest corvettes made. It drives great plenty of power and great gas milage. I love driving it with the top down always get lots of compliments. The car handles like a dream. Looking forward to getting a 2014 model next."

Awesome

By on Thursday, December 13, 2007

"When I bought this car my wife thought it was going to be a rough ride, she was impressed and wants to go everywhere in it. We drove it from S. Indiana to Pa. and on one leg of the trip we got 27 mpg and on another we got 28 mpg, I was impressed. It has wonderful acceleration, it handles, and is comfortable to drive. It is easy to get in and out of, I'm 6'5" and 53 yrs. old. The only problem is that the cops have an eye for it too 4 tickets so far. One doesn't realize how fast one is going, feels like 65 at 120. I have had it going 180 in 5th, really wish I was on a road to find out how fast it would go when in 6th. Great car and my wife loves to drive it too."