2002 Chevrolet Corvette

9.5

Based on 648 Ratings for the 1997 - 2004 models.

9.7/10
    9.8/10
    9.7/10

Great bang for the buck.

By on Thursday, November 13, 2014

I want this car

Pros: "Amazing power for the price. Beautiful lines."

Cons: "Poor turning radius, Needs deeper cup holders."

2001 C5 Z06

"This is a review of the 2001 Z06 model. I'm the 4th owner of this car. I purchased it in July 2014 with 27979 miles at a cost of $23k. It's now at 29328 and in winter storage. I had the oil changed and the overall car checked out with the local dealer and they said it was like new. Torque starts low in RPM giving the car a very wide power band. Torque at wide open throttle at 4k is insane. Easy to bounce off the rev limiter so watch it. Lots of cars let you just floor it in many situations but this one you need to be careful especially be mindful when you're in a turn and you floor it or the backend will come around... just ease off the gas and you'll be fine. The car stays very flat in turns and is a blast to drive. I'd like something to hold me down a little more into the seat but I did recently find out that if you pull the seatbelt all the way out then let it go back in it will lock you in. Gives a great tucked in feeling. Visibility is surprisingly good. Ride is actually comfortable though getting in and out takes practice... if I swing both my legs out then stand instead of one leg at a time when exiting and sit and swing legs in instead of throwing one leg in prior to sitting it's easier. This car came with after market tires so I can't comment to the originals. It also came with a Corsa exhaust system and Halltech air intake giving maybe 15 to 20 hp together. Crackle and pop from the exhaust is supposedly hurting hp but I love the sound when I'm decelerating. An X pipe to replace the factory H pipe would give 5 hp and a smoother sound but I think it's worth 5 hp for that sound. I would like to have a shorter throw on the stick shift but that's easy enough to replace. Trunk space is generous and the Bose sound system is strong. Power to weight ratio is amazing. This car does not feel like it's 13 years old."

2001 C5 Z06

Hands down, the best sports car for the money!

By on Monday, November 10, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, classic lines, large trunk"

Cons: "Interior only average"

"This was my mid-life crisis car. In my opinion, it's the iconic American sports car. No mechanical problems at all in ten years, but I've only put 47,000 miles on it. There is no rust because of the fiberglass body. The paint looks almost as good as new. It also has the biggest trunk for a 2D convertible in it's class. It easily fits two sets of golf clubs with the top down, with room to spare! While the C5 and C6 have a lot more power and nicer interiors, the C4 is still a beautiful car that's plenty fast and fun to drive!"

Love This Car

By on Saturday, November 08, 2014

Pros: "Beautiful car and very fun to drive"

Cons: "Repairs can be expensive"

All Dressed Up

"This is my first Vette. I fell in love with the C5 in the fall of 1997 and knew I had to have one. I bought my baby, a 50th Anniversary edition coupe in July 03. I never minded a single payment. I want a 2015, but I am keeping the 03 for sure. If you can find a nice one, buy and hang on to it."

All Dressed Up

2 chips otherwise p fect

By on Friday, November 07, 2014

"fast... stored currently not driven in rain or wind ever youger driver req 50th anniversity addition blue medalic 40k firm low low low ridr"

never a problem besides people staring

By on Monday, November 03, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive always"

Cons: "low trade in price must sell private."

"Triple black conv.nothing left to say?"