2001 Chevrolet Corvette

9.5

Based on 686 Ratings for the 1997 - 2004 models.

9.7/10
    9.8/10

A real Gem!

By on Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, MPG better than SubarU"

Cons: "Interior F&F could better."

"I've owned 5 Corvettes. This C5 is the best. No drama, just goes and goes... Gas milage isn't bad. always at least 28 on the road. I even pumped it up to 475HP. Real factory Hp is 430... I had a 911 and this will run rings around it. Always feels grounded. With cross-drilled brakes it will stop on a dime... Very good value if you can find a good one."

One very fast no frills ride

By on Thursday, January 03, 2013

Pros: "blinding raw power and accelleration"

Cons: "not much grip from the rear tires."

"I own 2 Corvette Z-06 models, this '02 and an '07. This '02 is a deadly fast ride without any thing to save you except your own driving skills. I would not recommend this car unless you are an experienced driver as once you "get your foot into it" you really better have your wits about you. It is deadly fast, the stock tires are pretty useless as far as grip in the rear and the car can get away from you quicker than you may think possible. Mine is red and is truly a wild car. Not for the faint of heart, definitely not a toy."

Wonderful machine

By on Saturday, July 13, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive - most bang for the buck."

Cons: "Very low. Hard to get in and out of."

"Handling and braking are excellent. Low end torque suprises because it is so strong. HP and raw acceleration are well known. Low end torque makes the car very driveable on a daily basis. Body is tight - doesn't rattle like older versions. Nice to look at and drive! Ran out of room below re very low - must be very careful not to hit curbs etc with front end. Also, sharp curbs will drag the front spoiler - good news - it's plastic and folds when hit."

Great car for the money, ride, power, comfort

By on Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Cons: "Interior could use a little higher quality."

"A wicked-fast sports car with reliability, great gas mileage (19-30)classic lines and handling. The power/weight ratio of the C5 Z06 with 50-50 weight distribution is a joy to drive on the straight or thru curves. It never fails to start and runs smoothly at any RPM range. Ride is not at all harsh given it's handling. For the money it is far and away the best value sports car on the road."

Feels the Road

By on Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pros: "Exciting to drive, comfortablel, roomy back deck"

"I'm a gal driver, this is my third vette, I garage and cover my baby, she's 13 years old, am on my second set of tires, the original set began to granulate on me from age at 17,000 miles a year and a half ago. I love the way she feels the road--this is not a coach made vehicle, you will feel every bump, grade and twist in the road--you can tell you are in a true high performance sports car that is wicked fast. You can lose your butt in a heartbeat in this car if you don't understand how it performs because it can get away from you. On the other hand, it is reassuringly powerful with a very fast response. I'm short so I love the comfort of the auto adjust seats. I kept my other vettes a long time because these cars last and last so I'll probably keep her for another 5-6 years, I get offers on her pretty often. My others sold easily, also. That's a another good thing. I haven't had a lot of maintenance, only had to replace a window motor and headlamp motor, once again because of age, as well as the original wiper blades, hoses and belts. Do I get a kick out of being behind the wheel of this great vehicle? you bet--I also love walking away leaving challengers in the dust--when it's safe. For sure, I don't want to do anything that's gonna hurt my ride. Don't want to get tagged either, especially at my age, but it's nice to know that my car is a standout, can handle most any situation wherever we go and doesn't show her age. She's probably my last vette, but who knows?"