2001 Chevrolet Corvette

9.5

Based on 670 Ratings for the 1997 - 2004 models.

9.7/10
    9.8/10

A real Gem!

By on Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, MPG better than SubarU"

Cons: "Interior F&F could better."

"I've owned 5 Corvettes. This C5 is the best. No drama, just goes and goes... Gas milage isn't bad. always at least 28 on the road. I even pumped it up to 475HP. Real factory Hp is 430... I had a 911 and this will run rings around it. Always feels grounded. With cross-drilled brakes it will stop on a dime... Very good value if you can find a good one."

Wonderful machine

By on Saturday, July 13, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive - most bang for the buck."

Cons: "Very low. Hard to get in and out of."

"Handling and braking are excellent. Low end torque suprises because it is so strong. HP and raw acceleration are well known. Low end torque makes the car very driveable on a daily basis. Body is tight - doesn't rattle like older versions. Nice to look at and drive! Ran out of room below re very low - must be very careful not to hit curbs etc with front end. Also, sharp curbs will drag the front spoiler - good news - it's plastic and folds when hit."

One very fast no frills ride

By on Thursday, January 03, 2013

Pros: "blinding raw power and accelleration"

Cons: "not much grip from the rear tires."

"I own 2 Corvette Z-06 models, this '02 and an '07. This '02 is a deadly fast ride without any thing to save you except your own driving skills. I would not recommend this car unless you are an experienced driver as once you "get your foot into it" you really better have your wits about you. It is deadly fast, the stock tires are pretty useless as far as grip in the rear and the car can get away from you quicker than you may think possible. Mine is red and is truly a wild car. Not for the faint of heart, definitely not a toy."

Great Daily Driver

By on Thursday, May 05, 2011

"I am 65 yrs old and still love this car. Bought it used 6 years ago and have never had it in the shop. Removed 1-4 shift lock out & column lock. Great fuel mileage and great power. Trunk holds golf clubs and 2 suit cases for traveling. Great resale value if a person wanted to sell it."

Affordable supercar

By on Friday, March 27, 2009

"I had been planning to buy a Corvette for quite awhile and use it as a daily driver. That pretty much ruled out the C3 and even the C4 models. I found the C5 to be and outstanding vehicle and very affordable. The C5 was Motor Trend Car of the Year in 1998 and now I know why. The LS1 engine is outstanding and the technology GM used makes this car an unbelievable value, new or used. My only disappointment was the sunvisor materials but other than that this car is a dream come true. Power and quality at an affordable price and being in Florida, well let's just say that the convertible is the only choice."

best vehicle ever

By on Sunday, February 08, 2009

"I am 67 years young and have always wanted a corvette since 1962 but could never afford one. I've had the good fortune to have come into some extra funds and purchased my C5 2001 on Ebay. that was the greatest day of my life other than marrying my late wife. I know if she were still with me I would have a hard time getting behind the wheel. She took great pride in her vehicle as do I. I fell in love with this vehicle thrrough the 45 or so pictures. This has to be the best of the best. It is just so much fun to drive and to just sit back and admire it. I too peek in my garage every morning and turn on the overhead garage lights and just marvel at the sleek lines.My lady friends look at me as if I am crazy because it can be 50 degrees outside with a blue sky and I will drop the top, turn on the heat and go cruising thru town. This review is from the heart and if you are up in age and have the same dream I had then DO IT."

Great car for the money, ride, power, comfort

By on Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Cons: "Interior could use a little higher quality."

"A wicked-fast sports car with reliability, great gas mileage (19-30)classic lines and handling. The power/weight ratio of the C5 Z06 with 50-50 weight distribution is a joy to drive on the straight or thru curves. It never fails to start and runs smoothly at any RPM range. Ride is not at all harsh given it's handling. For the money it is far and away the best value sports car on the road."

Fantastic Car

By on Saturday, April 06, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, beautiful, sporty, convertible"

Cons: "Costly repairs, hard to work on at home"

"I have had my vette for about 7 years now and LOVE it. It is beautiful, fun to drive, and makes commuting much more bearable. I've used it as a daily driver nearly the whole time I've owned it. It's needed about $1,000 worth of service per year, nothing major - the motor for the headlights and the oil pressure sensor, 2 solenoids in the transmission, etc. It has been well worth the investment and has been reliable, and held up really well over the years. It has a surprising amount of space in the back for luggage or groceries (or even dogs!) and gets very good gas mileage for how sporty it is - I average 22mpg in mine."

Feels the Road

By on Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pros: "Exciting to drive, comfortablel, roomy back deck"

"I'm a gal driver, this is my third vette, I garage and cover my baby, she's 13 years old, am on my second set of tires, the original set began to granulate on me from age at 17,000 miles a year and a half ago. I love the way she feels the road--this is not a coach made vehicle, you will feel every bump, grade and twist in the road--you can tell you are in a true high performance sports car that is wicked fast. You can lose your butt in a heartbeat in this car if you don't understand how it performs because it can get away from you. On the other hand, it is reassuringly powerful with a very fast response. I'm short so I love the comfort of the auto adjust seats. I kept my other vettes a long time because these cars last and last so I'll probably keep her for another 5-6 years, I get offers on her pretty often. My others sold easily, also. That's a another good thing. I haven't had a lot of maintenance, only had to replace a window motor and headlamp motor, once again because of age, as well as the original wiper blades, hoses and belts. Do I get a kick out of being behind the wheel of this great vehicle? you bet--I also love walking away leaving challengers in the dust--when it's safe. For sure, I don't want to do anything that's gonna hurt my ride. Don't want to get tagged either, especially at my age, but it's nice to know that my car is a standout, can handle most any situation wherever we go and doesn't show her age. She's probably my last vette, but who knows?"

A real attention getter

By on Sunday, July 22, 2007

"As far as bang for the buck, you cannot beat a Corvette. World class performance for a reasonable price. The value holds as well, with new vettes going up, the C5 is able to retain most of its value. The handling is the best feature of this car. It simply grabs the road and drives through corners like no other. The only downside to this car is the runflat tires. I opted the last time to put BFG KDW tires on it and take my chances with a flat tire. The road noise was eliminater and the ride quality really improved."

Most fun car ever

By on Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Pros: "Beautiful car, great mileage,great handling"

Cons: "Cheap interior, too much plastic"

"The LS1 engine gets great mileage if you can keep from putting your foot into it. Engine is powerful and power adders are plentiful. There are enough around for sale that you can buy one to fixup reasonably and then speed equip. is becoming more reasonably priced. I just bored and stroked mine to 386 cubes with cam headers and a few other mods and now it's a bitchin' Torch red with black vert., ZO6 wheels and a powerhouse with 145000. I just smoked my friends new 2014 coupe, he just about died, since he just spent $77,000 on his. I'll keep mine then when I'm dead my grandson gets it to keep for when he has a son."

2003 50th Anniverery Car

By on Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pros: "Great power, handling and looks"

Cons: "could have had a little more refined interior"

"This is truly one of the nicest corvettes made. It drives great plenty of power and great gas milage. I love driving it with the top down always get lots of compliments. The car handles like a dream. Looking forward to getting a 2014 model next."

Awesome

By on Thursday, December 13, 2007

"When I bought this car my wife thought it was going to be a rough ride, she was impressed and wants to go everywhere in it. We drove it from S. Indiana to Pa. and on one leg of the trip we got 27 mpg and on another we got 28 mpg, I was impressed. It has wonderful acceleration, it handles, and is comfortable to drive. It is easy to get in and out of, I'm 6'5" and 53 yrs. old. The only problem is that the cops have an eye for it too 4 tickets so far. One doesn't realize how fast one is going, feels like 65 at 120. I have had it going 180 in 5th, really wish I was on a road to find out how fast it would go when in 6th. Great car and my wife loves to drive it too."

2004C5 The car is a rocketship, Very fast and Fun

By on Sunday, June 08, 2014

Pros: "Great price for a good car"

Cons: "softer suspension,"

"The car drives like a dream" The launch off the line is amazing, mustangs and vipers and even motorcycles have a problem off the line with 2004 C5 automatic, I'm assuming someone put a chip in my car, its scary fast. I would never get rid of it. By the way its also a semi-convertible with room for 2 sets of golf clubs."

Very sporty and agile

By on Friday, January 17, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "No cup holders, so we added one"

"This car rides and drives as well as any car I have every owned. I was a bit reluctant to buy it because of drive-ability of previous models, but that problem was solved. Interior quality lacks a little - GM could have spent a little more time/money and done an excellent job. My car is "bone stock" but the power-to-weight ratio is VERY high so no need for any more horsepower. Styling is timeless, and the Victory red with black convertible top always gets a lot of looks when we are out in it."

Has been very reliable and still in good shape

By on Saturday, December 21, 2013

Pros: "It has served me well and been very reliable"

Cons: "this car has convinced me to buy a 2011 Vette"

"This is a company car that has given me very good service. It still averages 24.5 MPG. Drivers seat shows wear but is repairable. It has a lot of miles but still runs well. It gets all good miles and does not burn oil. the front seals are starting to get tired. I have used Mobil 1 for life of the car and change the oil every 5 to 6 thousand miles."

My fourth Vette, best yet.

By on Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, great trunk for conv"

Cons: "not enough sun shine in CT"

"Being the last year of the C5 model I believe has all of the little issues worked out. Would love to have move into a C6 or C7 but can't justify the cost as this one is without issue and only used for summer months."

Quintessential American Sports car

By on Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Pros: "Best bang for the buck I have ever seen!!"

"Incredibly fun to drive, a huge head turning quotent, powerful, agile, beautiful to look at standing still or at 120 MPH on the track. The only minus (and a VERY small one) is that it can be a bit uncomfortable on a long trip (over two hours). BUT!! Come on! It's a Corvette!"

fast fun and great gas mileage if you can go easy!

By on Thursday, December 27, 2012

Pros: "great car for the $"

Cons: "parts are pricey"

"these are great cars with crazy 0-60 and a top speed you wont touch....up to 30 mpg lots of cosmetic upgrades to make them your own and just a nice car all around"

corners very well, accelerates and stops quickly,

By on Sunday, February 12, 2012

Pros: "handles well, fun to pass, accelerates well"

Cons: "expensive to fix, sits low, difficult to ent/exit"

"corners very well, accelerates and stops quickly, attractive, eye catching, draws positive attention, driving into a headwind the car seems to press down to the road and handles even better, great car to pass in on 2-lane roads - out and back in lane in almost no time, doesn't take much room to pass, surprising more storage space than expected Negatives little hard to get into and out of, sits very low, doesn't like speed bumps or road kill, like most sports cars, repair shops see you coming - not cheap to fix anything, only 1 cup holder"

Overall A Good Car

By on Saturday, August 22, 2009

"This reveiw applies only to the 1997-2004 5th Generation Corvette. Cons: The interior fit and finish. GM should have used higher quality leather throughout the car and designed a more suitable seat for the type of driving this car is intended for. They should have also built better/more sturdy door panels. This is GM's flagship automobile. The quality should be the best they can produce. Most purchasers of this auto would gladly pay the additional $1000-$3000 per unit it would require to improve the interior. The "Corvette Tax" is also a major pain. Vendors seem to figure, if they'll buy a 'vette, they'll pay a premium for mods and accessories. Nothing for a 'vette is cheap or reasonably priced, by any standard other than Corvette or maybe Harley-Davidson. Pros: IT IS A CORVETTE. Super car-ish performance for the person on a budget. The car accelerates, stops, and corners like nothing most people have ever driven. It looks great and is, mostly, reliable. I can park my 1998 next to a 2008 and draw as much or more attention. The air conditioner is great, even in my convertible. The Bose stereo is good, although mine found a trash can soon after I bought the car. The sound quality was more than adequate for all but the audiophiles among us, but the quantity of the sound was not enough for me while driving with the top down. The gauge cluster is informative a pleasant to look at. The car has ample storage top up or down. You can carry enough luggage for 2 people to spend 7+ days away from home and still enjoy top down cruising on the way to and from your destination. Would I buy again? YES Would I suggest it to a friend? Yes I give it 4 out of 5 stars overall!"

Zoooooooooooom!!!!!

By on Friday, November 14, 2008

"We've owned our arctic white coupe for over 4 years and it still looks like it's brand new. It's not a garage queen...we drive it around 10K/year. The only limitations are winter weather driving. It's the most comfortable car we own. Mileage on the highways is close to 30mpg. Needless to say it's FAST when you want it to be. We strongly recommend getting a coupe for several reasons. The most impotant reason being the HUGE trunk space. It also has more trunk space than any of our other cars. We take trips throughout the year and there's plenty of room...two sets of golf clubs, two decent sized soft-sided suitcases, two ice chests and all the wife's other cosmetic bags, etc. Second..the body style of a coupe cannot be beat. And thirdly...When you take the top(s) off (we have both solid and glass tops we interchange), you have a built in rollbar for extra safety (for the wife's peace of mind)...not that it's going to ever roll over the way it's built. Last but not least....these cars can last forever. I have friends who have over 200,000 miles on their vettes and have had little major problems."

some maintenance troubles

By on Friday, August 10, 2007

"Drive it every day. Tires go fast and it's a little noisy and bumpy but it wouldn't be any fun if it wasn't. I think next time I'll get a non z06 for the day to day comfort and the magnetic suspension. Traction control went out ~35k, got it fixed for $2k, starting giving warnings again ~60k and I haven't bothered. AC dash unit went out ~45k, I think that was ~$400. Front brake calipers were out at ~65k and that was over $1k."

Very fast and great handling

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "Great price and fun to drive"

Cons: "No cup passenger holder"

"Eighty percent of the mileage is between New Orleans and Houston. This car handles great on the highway and the ride is very comfortable. But you have to watch your speed when accelerating around other cars for sometimes you will be well above the speed limit."

scarry fast all stock except for exhaust

By on Saturday, January 04, 2014

Pros: "always fun to drive"

Cons: "premium gas only"

"purchased 5 yrs.ago for 22k. had 42k.miles currently have 51k. on odometer. pristine condition with glass top and corsa exhaust system. a real eye catcher in metallic silver love my toy.this car is currently not for sale maybe in a few years Im 60 yrs. old and still like a thrill."