2000 Chevrolet Corvette

9.5

Based on 690 Ratings for the 1997 - 2004 models.

9.7/10
    9.8/10

A real Gem!

By on Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, MPG better than SubarU"

Cons: "Interior F&F could better."

"I've owned 5 Corvettes. This C5 is the best. No drama, just goes and goes... Gas milage isn't bad. always at least 28 on the road. I even pumped it up to 475HP. Real factory Hp is 430... I had a 911 and this will run rings around it. Always feels grounded. With cross-drilled brakes it will stop on a dime... Very good value if you can find a good one."

One very fast no frills ride

By on Thursday, January 3, 2013

Pros: "blinding raw power and accelleration"

Cons: "not much grip from the rear tires."

"I own 2 Corvette Z-06 models, this '02 and an '07. This '02 is a deadly fast ride without any thing to save you except your own driving skills. I would not recommend this car unless you are an experienced driver as once you "get your foot into it" you really better have your wits about you. It is deadly fast, the stock tires are pretty useless as far as grip in the rear and the car can get away from you quicker than you may think possible. Mine is red and is truly a wild car. Not for the faint of heart, definitely not a toy."

Wonderful machine

By on Saturday, July 13, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive - most bang for the buck."

Cons: "Very low. Hard to get in and out of."

"Handling and braking are excellent. Low end torque suprises because it is so strong. HP and raw acceleration are well known. Low end torque makes the car very driveable on a daily basis. Body is tight - doesn't rattle like older versions. Nice to look at and drive! Ran out of room below re very low - must be very careful not to hit curbs etc with front end. Also, sharp curbs will drag the front spoiler - good news - it's plastic and folds when hit."

Awesome

By on Thursday, December 13, 2007

"When I bought this car my wife thought it was going to be a rough ride, she was impressed and wants to go everywhere in it. We drove it from S. Indiana to Pa. and on one leg of the trip we got 27 mpg and on another we got 28 mpg, I was impressed. It has wonderful acceleration, it handles, and is comfortable to drive. It is easy to get in and out of, I'm 6'5" and 53 yrs. old. The only problem is that the cops have an eye for it too 4 tickets so far. One doesn't realize how fast one is going, feels like 65 at 120. I have had it going 180 in 5th, really wish I was on a road to find out how fast it would go when in 6th. Great car and my wife loves to drive it too."

A real attention getter

By on Sunday, July 22, 2007

"As far as bang for the buck, you cannot beat a Corvette. World class performance for a reasonable price. The value holds as well, with new vettes going up, the C5 is able to retain most of its value. The handling is the best feature of this car. It simply grabs the road and drives through corners like no other. The only downside to this car is the runflat tires. I opted the last time to put BFG KDW tires on it and take my chances with a flat tire. The road noise was eliminater and the ride quality really improved."