2000 Chevrolet Corvette

9.5

Based on 686 Ratings for the 1997 - 2004 models.

9.7/10
    9.8/10

Awesome

By on Thursday, December 13, 2007

"When I bought this car my wife thought it was going to be a rough ride, she was impressed and wants to go everywhere in it. We drove it from S. Indiana to Pa. and on one leg of the trip we got 27 mpg and on another we got 28 mpg, I was impressed. It has wonderful acceleration, it handles, and is comfortable to drive. It is easy to get in and out of, I'm 6'5" and 53 yrs. old. The only problem is that the cops have an eye for it too 4 tickets so far. One doesn't realize how fast one is going, feels like 65 at 120. I have had it going 180 in 5th, really wish I was on a road to find out how fast it would go when in 6th. Great car and my wife loves to drive it too."

A real attention getter

By on Sunday, July 22, 2007

"As far as bang for the buck, you cannot beat a Corvette. World class performance for a reasonable price. The value holds as well, with new vettes going up, the C5 is able to retain most of its value. The handling is the best feature of this car. It simply grabs the road and drives through corners like no other. The only downside to this car is the runflat tires. I opted the last time to put BFG KDW tires on it and take my chances with a flat tire. The road noise was eliminater and the ride quality really improved."

some maintenance troubles

By on Friday, August 10, 2007

"Drive it every day. Tires go fast and it's a little noisy and bumpy but it wouldn't be any fun if it wasn't. I think next time I'll get a non z06 for the day to day comfort and the magnetic suspension. Traction control went out ~35k, got it fixed for $2k, starting giving warnings again ~60k and I haven't bothered. AC dash unit went out ~45k, I think that was ~$400. Front brake calipers were out at ~65k and that was over $1k."

Has been very reliable and still in good shape

By on Saturday, December 21, 2013

Pros: "It has served me well and been very reliable"

Cons: "this car has convinced me to buy a 2011 Vette"

"This is a company car that has given me very good service. It still averages 24.5 MPG. Drivers seat shows wear but is repairable. It has a lot of miles but still runs well. It gets all good miles and does not burn oil. the front seals are starting to get tired. I have used Mobil 1 for life of the car and change the oil every 5 to 6 thousand miles."

2003 50th Anniverery Car

By on Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pros: "Great power, handling and looks"

Cons: "could have had a little more refined interior"

"This is truly one of the nicest corvettes made. It drives great plenty of power and great gas milage. I love driving it with the top down always get lots of compliments. The car handles like a dream. Looking forward to getting a 2014 model next."