1999 Chevrolet Corvette

9.5

Based on 666 Ratings for the 1997 - 2004 models.

9.7/10
    9.8/10

A real Gem!

By on Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, MPG better than SubarU"

Cons: "Interior F&F could better."

"I've owned 5 Corvettes. This C5 is the best. No drama, just goes and goes... Gas milage isn't bad. always at least 28 on the road. I even pumped it up to 475HP. Real factory Hp is 430... I had a 911 and this will run rings around it. Always feels grounded. With cross-drilled brakes it will stop on a dime... Very good value if you can find a good one."

Will always have one

By on Wednesday, May 06, 2009

"I made an impulse buy, didn't do my due diligence. Recently while working on the car realized it had been in an accident by a previous owner, section of the frame had been patched. Mine is a 98, bought at 85k miles, now has 93k. Starts every time, needed a tune up shortly after purchasing, since then runs extremely strong. Repairs are pricey, however if you can do the work yourself parts are quite cheap. Replaced brakes rotors ($250 ceramic, drilled slotted), spark plugs wires ($80), CV axles ($120 total), and the car is relatively easy to work on. Holds it's value better than any other car that I know. You cannot stop anywhere without someone starting a conversation about the car, you unknowingly join a club upon purchasing the vehicle. As I tell everyone when they ask about the car, you aren't just buying a car, you are buying an experience. If you are looking to buy, do not hesitate, you won't regret it."

Wonderful machine

By on Saturday, July 13, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive - most bang for the buck."

Cons: "Very low. Hard to get in and out of."

"Handling and braking are excellent. Low end torque suprises because it is so strong. HP and raw acceleration are well known. Low end torque makes the car very driveable on a daily basis. Body is tight - doesn't rattle like older versions. Nice to look at and drive! Ran out of room below re very low - must be very careful not to hit curbs etc with front end. Also, sharp curbs will drag the front spoiler - good news - it's plastic and folds when hit."

One very fast no frills ride

By on Thursday, January 03, 2013

Pros: "blinding raw power and accelleration"

Cons: "not much grip from the rear tires."

"I own 2 Corvette Z-06 models, this '02 and an '07. This '02 is a deadly fast ride without any thing to save you except your own driving skills. I would not recommend this car unless you are an experienced driver as once you "get your foot into it" you really better have your wits about you. It is deadly fast, the stock tires are pretty useless as far as grip in the rear and the car can get away from you quicker than you may think possible. Mine is red and is truly a wild car. Not for the faint of heart, definitely not a toy."

Great Daily Driver

By on Thursday, May 05, 2011

"I am 65 yrs old and still love this car. Bought it used 6 years ago and have never had it in the shop. Removed 1-4 shift lock out & column lock. Great fuel mileage and great power. Trunk holds golf clubs and 2 suit cases for traveling. Great resale value if a person wanted to sell it."

Affordable supercar

By on Friday, March 27, 2009

"I had been planning to buy a Corvette for quite awhile and use it as a daily driver. That pretty much ruled out the C3 and even the C4 models. I found the C5 to be and outstanding vehicle and very affordable. The C5 was Motor Trend Car of the Year in 1998 and now I know why. The LS1 engine is outstanding and the technology GM used makes this car an unbelievable value, new or used. My only disappointment was the sunvisor materials but other than that this car is a dream come true. Power and quality at an affordable price and being in Florida, well let's just say that the convertible is the only choice."

Great car for the money, ride, power, comfort

By on Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Cons: "Interior could use a little higher quality."

"A wicked-fast sports car with reliability, great gas mileage (19-30)classic lines and handling. The power/weight ratio of the C5 Z06 with 50-50 weight distribution is a joy to drive on the straight or thru curves. It never fails to start and runs smoothly at any RPM range. Ride is not at all harsh given it's handling. For the money it is far and away the best value sports car on the road."

Fantastic Car

By on Saturday, April 06, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, beautiful, sporty, convertible"

Cons: "Costly repairs, hard to work on at home"

"I have had my vette for about 7 years now and LOVE it. It is beautiful, fun to drive, and makes commuting much more bearable. I've used it as a daily driver nearly the whole time I've owned it. It's needed about $1,000 worth of service per year, nothing major - the motor for the headlights and the oil pressure sensor, 2 solenoids in the transmission, etc. It has been well worth the investment and has been reliable, and held up really well over the years. It has a surprising amount of space in the back for luggage or groceries (or even dogs!) and gets very good gas mileage for how sporty it is - I average 22mpg in mine."

Feels the Road

By on Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pros: "Exciting to drive, comfortablel, roomy back deck"

"I'm a gal driver, this is my third vette, I garage and cover my baby, she's 13 years old, am on my second set of tires, the original set began to granulate on me from age at 17,000 miles a year and a half ago. I love the way she feels the road--this is not a coach made vehicle, you will feel every bump, grade and twist in the road--you can tell you are in a true high performance sports car that is wicked fast. You can lose your butt in a heartbeat in this car if you don't understand how it performs because it can get away from you. On the other hand, it is reassuringly powerful with a very fast response. I'm short so I love the comfort of the auto adjust seats. I kept my other vettes a long time because these cars last and last so I'll probably keep her for another 5-6 years, I get offers on her pretty often. My others sold easily, also. That's a another good thing. I haven't had a lot of maintenance, only had to replace a window motor and headlamp motor, once again because of age, as well as the original wiper blades, hoses and belts. Do I get a kick out of being behind the wheel of this great vehicle? you bet--I also love walking away leaving challengers in the dust--when it's safe. For sure, I don't want to do anything that's gonna hurt my ride. Don't want to get tagged either, especially at my age, but it's nice to know that my car is a standout, can handle most any situation wherever we go and doesn't show her age. She's probably my last vette, but who knows?"

best vehicle ever

By on Sunday, February 08, 2009

"I am 67 years young and have always wanted a corvette since 1962 but could never afford one. I've had the good fortune to have come into some extra funds and purchased my C5 2001 on Ebay. that was the greatest day of my life other than marrying my late wife. I know if she were still with me I would have a hard time getting behind the wheel. She took great pride in her vehicle as do I. I fell in love with this vehicle thrrough the 45 or so pictures. This has to be the best of the best. It is just so much fun to drive and to just sit back and admire it. I too peek in my garage every morning and turn on the overhead garage lights and just marvel at the sleek lines.My lady friends look at me as if I am crazy because it can be 50 degrees outside with a blue sky and I will drop the top, turn on the heat and go cruising thru town. This review is from the heart and if you are up in age and have the same dream I had then DO IT."