1998 Chevrolet Corvette

9.5

Based on 690 Ratings for the 1997 - 2004 models.

9.7/10
    9.8/10

Very sporty and agile

By on Friday, January 17, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "No cup holders, so we added one"

"This car rides and drives as well as any car I have every owned. I was a bit reluctant to buy it because of drive-ability of previous models, but that problem was solved. Interior quality lacks a little - GM could have spent a little more time/money and done an excellent job. My car is "bone stock" but the power-to-weight ratio is VERY high so no need for any more horsepower. Styling is timeless, and the Victory red with black convertible top always gets a lot of looks when we are out in it."

scarry fast all stock except for exhaust

By on Saturday, January 4, 2014

Pros: "always fun to drive"

Cons: "premium gas only"

"purchased 5 yrs.ago for 22k. had 42k.miles currently have 51k. on odometer. pristine condition with glass top and corsa exhaust system. a real eye catcher in metallic silver love my toy.this car is currently not for sale maybe in a few years Im 60 yrs. old and still like a thrill."

2003 50th Anniverery Car

By on Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pros: "Great power, handling and looks"

Cons: "could have had a little more refined interior"

"This is truly one of the nicest corvettes made. It drives great plenty of power and great gas milage. I love driving it with the top down always get lots of compliments. The car handles like a dream. Looking forward to getting a 2014 model next."

My fourth Vette, best yet.

By on Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, great trunk for conv"

Cons: "not enough sun shine in CT"

"Being the last year of the C5 model I believe has all of the little issues worked out. Would love to have move into a C6 or C7 but can't justify the cost as this one is without issue and only used for summer months."

Z06 - Truly FAST Traffic

By on Thursday, April 17, 2008

"I purchased my 2003 Z06 Corvette used from a Chevy Dealer in 2007 and is my third Corvette. I am a 'Boomer' and a very experienced driver. I've had performance cars all my life, including a 1970 SS-396/375 w/ solid lifters, 1986 Dodge Shelby Charger, 1992 Corvette, 2000 Corvette Coupe and a 1990 Mustang HO 5.0 Notchback. Compared to this Z06, all my previous cars are irrelevant and crude. My Z06 becomes a part of me when I'm driving. It's responsive to every input...my every thought...my every twitch on the gas pedal and steering wheel. ----She's unbelievably FAST, and seems to get a 'second-wind' as I shift up through the power band. My Z06 is a totally different driving experience than my 2000 Vette. The 2000 is a great winter and foul-weather car...also fast in her own right, a much smoother ride...a cruiser...a wonderful, comfortable daily drive. The Z06 is a rougher ride...tighter, noisier...almost a race car that you can drive every day. So far, I have not been able to find enough safe, open road to explore the full potential of the Z06. ----The 2003 Z06 up's: Super Power with no modifications necessary, high-G road holding and turning abilities, excellent brakes, head-up display really works! (I wouldn't buy a Vette without head-up), wonderful Millennium Yellow paint, great gas mileage that keeps getting better (23.2 average driving to work in-town everyday. 26.6 on a recent trip from Maryland to SC - compared to 28.2 with my 2000 Vette). ----The 2003 Z06 down's: Cheap leather seats w/ weak seat-backs, notchy stiff shifter, unable to find all-season/winter tires or run-flats for my Z06 at any price (Goodyear F1 supercar summer tires only are recommended). ----FINAL WORDS: 2008 is a great time for 'muscle cars', sports cars and big power. But, Premium gasoline prices are hitting $3.70 a gallon now and predicted to go to $4.00, perhaps even $5.00 a gallon. The new CAFE standards will require 35-MPG per model by 2020. Therefore, the future of performance cars is uncertain at best. So, if you have any thoughts about buying a car of this ilk, this may be your last chance to follow your dream. My credo is 'For the money, a good used Corvette is generally better than almost any NEW car on the road today'. They hold their value well and driving a Vette elevates you into an exclusive Club inhabited only by you and your fellow Corvette drivers. The 2003 Z06 is safer, faster, stronger, better than every 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's muscle car I've ever driven...and, I've driven many! So, (in Vette-speak) pursue your passion! Buy a Vette. Remember to 'Save the Wave' and acknowledge fellow Vette drivers whenever you see them. -DJ"