1998 Chevrolet Corvette

9.5

Based on 690 Ratings for the 1997 - 2004 models.

9.7/10
    9.8/10

Zoooooooooooom!!!!!

By on Friday, November 14, 2008

"We've owned our arctic white coupe for over 4 years and it still looks like it's brand new. It's not a garage queen...we drive it around 10K/year. The only limitations are winter weather driving. It's the most comfortable car we own. Mileage on the highways is close to 30mpg. Needless to say it's FAST when you want it to be. We strongly recommend getting a coupe for several reasons. The most impotant reason being the HUGE trunk space. It also has more trunk space than any of our other cars. We take trips throughout the year and there's plenty of room...two sets of golf clubs, two decent sized soft-sided suitcases, two ice chests and all the wife's other cosmetic bags, etc. Second..the body style of a coupe cannot be beat. And thirdly...When you take the top(s) off (we have both solid and glass tops we interchange), you have a built in rollbar for extra safety (for the wife's peace of mind)...not that it's going to ever roll over the way it's built. Last but not least....these cars can last forever. I have friends who have over 200,000 miles on their vettes and have had little major problems."

My best Vette

By on Monday, September 1, 2008

"Over the years I have owned 7 vetts from a 66 427 convertable to my 99 C5. I have had this one for 3 Years now and it is the best Vette I have ever owned. Comfort, reliablity and economy you can't beat it. For an old man of 60 now I need the lixury and comfort this C5 delivers. All I have had to do with this one is Wash Wax Change the Oil and 1 set of tires. The rest of the time I just enjoy it. Like Jay Leno says you don't need a shrink when you ownn a Vette. All you need to do is just run it through the gears and you troubles are GONE !!!!!!!!"

99 Vette Rag Top

By on Saturday, August 18, 2007

"First Vette, am happy with it but the ride can be bumpy, performance is great, has all options except magnesium wheels, no problems with anything so far, however it only has 20,000 miles. I've decided to keep it stock. Concerns I have is that the radio/heater lights flicker when idling. Very fun to drive but hate to park in a public lot. It sits very low so much care is needed when parking, steep inclines, and debirs on the road. It also has a few sqeaks-not Lexus quality."

Awesome car!

By on Friday, January 30, 2015

"Plenty of power and 19mpg!"

Very fast and great handling

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "Great price and fun to drive"

Cons: "No cup passenger holder"

"Eighty percent of the mileage is between New Orleans and Houston. This car handles great on the highway and the ride is very comfortable. But you have to watch your speed when accelerating around other cars for sometimes you will be well above the speed limit."

Great car

By on Sunday, February 17, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive - gets alot of attention when driving"

Cons: "Weekend driver"

"Very fast with a few added bolt-on's. Handles well with the proper tires."

New owner, first experience report

By on Friday, February 3, 2012

Pros: "Value, performance, styling, comfort"

Cons: "Run flat tire noise, stereo is so-so quality"

"Just bought a 2004 in So. Calif. with 40k miles on it and drove it back to Pacific Northwest. You might be interested to know, car averaged 27.2 mpg on the 1000 mile trip (auto transmission). They say the auto does less mileage than manual but ANY car with 350 HP that can do 27 mpg is phenominal in my book. This car, as well as other C5's I test drove, is tight, no rattles, no cowl shake, solid in every way. I am extremely pleased. I have to think of comparing my 2004 Corvette convertible to the new Camaro rag tops. Not only is the Corvette now about half the cost, but it out performs the Camaro in every way and has timeless C5 styling and a resale that will hold solid with age. Dollar for dollar, the Corvette is an absolute automotive bargain you can't beat. Why wait, you're not getting any younger!"

Best sports cars I have ever owned

By on Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, great handling and power"

"Have found this car extremely reliable and a driving experience second to none. Any positive things said about this car are true. The handling and power are amazing. The interior room is very comfortable, I am 6 feet tall with room to spare. Also for a sports car there is plenty of storage space."

Great American Automolile

By on Friday, June 4, 2010

"I have owned this car for almost 5 years now. I only drive this car once in awhile, when I do it truly is a blast. I have owned 4 other corvetts in the past, this one by far is the best one ever for many reason as, comfort, performance, fuel economy, and several others. The best one of all is that I'm 62, and when I drive it I feel like a kid again. Thank you GM for building such a fun car..."

One bad Bowtie

By on Saturday, November 14, 2009

"To anybody thinking about buying a new muscle car an SS camaro, SRT-8s charger and challenger, gt mustangs may as well forget about it unless you want to be embarrassed by a 7 year old street car blowing off your doors in front of your girlfriend how embarrassing.With your temp tag freshly mounted. Why waste all that money when you could have a Z 06 for less then 30,000. I know this because I have a 50th anniv Z06 Corvette. So far on a toy run to Atlantic City I have reached 164 mph try that in those cars. Here is something else for ya to chew on. 1/4 mile 12.3 seconds @ 117 MPH with street tires. My car is almost stock except for a blackwing cold air and a power tune by east coast superchargers. Offering up maybe another 20-30 HP. All I know this is the fastest car I have owned and I have had some fast cars. Which Makes this Chevy ONE BAD BOWTIE. OH DID I MENTION THE LADIES LIKE IT TO. LOL"