1998 Chevrolet Corvette

9.5

Based on 690 Ratings for the 1997 - 2004 models.

9.7/10
    9.8/10

A real Gem!

By on Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, MPG better than SubarU"

Cons: "Interior F&F could better."

"I've owned 5 Corvettes. This C5 is the best. No drama, just goes and goes... Gas milage isn't bad. always at least 28 on the road. I even pumped it up to 475HP. Real factory Hp is 430... I had a 911 and this will run rings around it. Always feels grounded. With cross-drilled brakes it will stop on a dime... Very good value if you can find a good one."

One very fast no frills ride

By on Thursday, January 3, 2013

Pros: "blinding raw power and accelleration"

Cons: "not much grip from the rear tires."

"I own 2 Corvette Z-06 models, this '02 and an '07. This '02 is a deadly fast ride without any thing to save you except your own driving skills. I would not recommend this car unless you are an experienced driver as once you "get your foot into it" you really better have your wits about you. It is deadly fast, the stock tires are pretty useless as far as grip in the rear and the car can get away from you quicker than you may think possible. Mine is red and is truly a wild car. Not for the faint of heart, definitely not a toy."

Wonderful machine

By on Saturday, July 13, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive - most bang for the buck."

Cons: "Very low. Hard to get in and out of."

"Handling and braking are excellent. Low end torque suprises because it is so strong. HP and raw acceleration are well known. Low end torque makes the car very driveable on a daily basis. Body is tight - doesn't rattle like older versions. Nice to look at and drive! Ran out of room below re very low - must be very careful not to hit curbs etc with front end. Also, sharp curbs will drag the front spoiler - good news - it's plastic and folds when hit."

Great car for the money, ride, power, comfort

By on Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Cons: "Interior could use a little higher quality."

"A wicked-fast sports car with reliability, great gas mileage (19-30)classic lines and handling. The power/weight ratio of the C5 Z06 with 50-50 weight distribution is a joy to drive on the straight or thru curves. It never fails to start and runs smoothly at any RPM range. Ride is not at all harsh given it's handling. For the money it is far and away the best value sports car on the road."

Awesome

By on Thursday, December 13, 2007

"When I bought this car my wife thought it was going to be a rough ride, she was impressed and wants to go everywhere in it. We drove it from S. Indiana to Pa. and on one leg of the trip we got 27 mpg and on another we got 28 mpg, I was impressed. It has wonderful acceleration, it handles, and is comfortable to drive. It is easy to get in and out of, I'm 6'5" and 53 yrs. old. The only problem is that the cops have an eye for it too 4 tickets so far. One doesn't realize how fast one is going, feels like 65 at 120. I have had it going 180 in 5th, really wish I was on a road to find out how fast it would go when in 6th. Great car and my wife loves to drive it too."