1998 Chevrolet Corvette

9.5

Based on 670 Ratings for the 1997 - 2004 models.

9.7/10
    9.8/10

Most fun car ever

By on Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Pros: "Beautiful car, great mileage,great handling"

Cons: "Cheap interior, too much plastic"

"The LS1 engine gets great mileage if you can keep from putting your foot into it. Engine is powerful and power adders are plentiful. There are enough around for sale that you can buy one to fixup reasonably and then speed equip. is becoming more reasonably priced. I just bored and stroked mine to 386 cubes with cam headers and a few other mods and now it's a bitchin' Torch red with black vert., ZO6 wheels and a powerhouse with 145000. I just smoked my friends new 2014 coupe, he just about died, since he just spent $77,000 on his. I'll keep mine then when I'm dead my grandson gets it to keep for when he has a son."

2003 50th Anniverery Car

By on Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pros: "Great power, handling and looks"

Cons: "could have had a little more refined interior"

"This is truly one of the nicest corvettes made. It drives great plenty of power and great gas milage. I love driving it with the top down always get lots of compliments. The car handles like a dream. Looking forward to getting a 2014 model next."

Awesome

By on Thursday, December 13, 2007

"When I bought this car my wife thought it was going to be a rough ride, she was impressed and wants to go everywhere in it. We drove it from S. Indiana to Pa. and on one leg of the trip we got 27 mpg and on another we got 28 mpg, I was impressed. It has wonderful acceleration, it handles, and is comfortable to drive. It is easy to get in and out of, I'm 6'5" and 53 yrs. old. The only problem is that the cops have an eye for it too 4 tickets so far. One doesn't realize how fast one is going, feels like 65 at 120. I have had it going 180 in 5th, really wish I was on a road to find out how fast it would go when in 6th. Great car and my wife loves to drive it too."

2004C5 The car is a rocketship, Very fast and Fun

By on Sunday, June 08, 2014

Pros: "Great price for a good car"

Cons: "softer suspension,"

"The car drives like a dream" The launch off the line is amazing, mustangs and vipers and even motorcycles have a problem off the line with 2004 C5 automatic, I'm assuming someone put a chip in my car, its scary fast. I would never get rid of it. By the way its also a semi-convertible with room for 2 sets of golf clubs."

Very sporty and agile

By on Friday, January 17, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "No cup holders, so we added one"

"This car rides and drives as well as any car I have every owned. I was a bit reluctant to buy it because of drive-ability of previous models, but that problem was solved. Interior quality lacks a little - GM could have spent a little more time/money and done an excellent job. My car is "bone stock" but the power-to-weight ratio is VERY high so no need for any more horsepower. Styling is timeless, and the Victory red with black convertible top always gets a lot of looks when we are out in it."