1996 Chevrolet Corvette

Based on 286 Ratings for the 1984 - 1996 models.

Perhaps THE BEST VALUE In a Sports Car Today

By on Monday, July 22, 2013

Pros: "Handling and "Its a Chevy" easy to service."

Cons: "Fall In (fine) but Climb Out"

"The 1996 Is The "Best of The C4's". Mine is the LT4 Collector Edition.(bought in 2007) Well documented the LT4 Engine was dramatically underrated by GM at 330HP. They did not want it to outshine the 1997 C5 at least officially. Many LT4's dyno north of 370hp.Mine is a 0-60 in 4.7sec car. What is often overlooked these days is that the original C4 was the "Best Handling Production Car Ever" upon its release. Went for a nice drive just yesterday through the twisty's outside town. Great fun to drive and like others mentioned, always get looks and compliments. I had to rate interior and convenience at 8 as egress is a challenge due to the high sills but when seated it is a true sports car cockpit. I mention value as my 1996 LT4CE is now starting to climb in value. Fine condition later C4's are a true sleeper in the market."

This is my 5th. Vette and by far the best yet!

By on Sunday, November 03, 2013

Pros: "Fit's like a glove, and handle's amazing"

Cons: "Ride's like a buckboard!"

"This is my 5th. Corvette, and the one best yet! I just traded for it and I Love it! Everything work's perfect! and it is a Convertible with BOTH top's! She's Triple Black with all opp's! Couldn't have found a better 93!"

Great design for C4

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

Pros: "Great U.S. sports car for the price"

Cons: "Can be a rough ride on city streets"

"I've owned this sine June '98 (father owned since new, May '94). Car only has 16.5k miles on it. Aside from the water pump"

fun to drive

By on Friday, August 07, 2009

"great car had for 6 month now 49,000 miles on it runs great thanks for the tracktion contol button or i would be buying tires all the time it will smoke then with easy as for the ride control nob not sure if it works the ride fells the same where ever u put it sport proformance,touring,all the same the lt1nice power"

amazing ZR-1

By on Tuesday, April 14, 2009

"My 1991 ZR-1 is the best all around sports/performance car I've owned or driven...and I've had the Turbo Porsche and all the other exotics and muscle. Total comfort package with all the bells and whistles, but Bose stereo is isn't durable. It's a true 190 mph rocket sled that still gets 23-25 mog at 75-80 mph. Decent (15-17) in town with a/c on. I had mine modified (top end port & polish; 4:10 gears; better front brakes; and a performance chip) so it outruns stock ZR-1's and stock Z06's. Very comfortable, fully adjustable sports seats...even for me at 245 lbs. Engine is rock sold and bullet proof at 110,000 miles. Powdercoating of engine parts stops degradation of oem coated aluminum. Could still use bigger brakes. Adjustable suspension is great. OEM 315-35ZR17 rear tires are getting harder to find, but newer 18" wheels look and fit good. Imperitive that owners join ZR-1 forums and networks for parts and maintenance info. (best of any car I ever owned). If you can find one that's been taken care of buy it and drive it! Sadly, at 61 I can no longer handle the car or the ZF 6 speed (have arthritis), but I'll hang on as long as I can and enjoy the ride. :)"

Brute power, with some comfort issues

By on Thursday, April 24, 2008

"I have had my 6-sp coupe for not quite 2 years now. It has proven to be mechanically very reliable after the opti-spark distributor was replaced, would barely run before. The OE Bose stereo although quite advanced in '92 is really mediocre 16 years later. The electronic A/C system throws a fault code once in a while but otherwise seems to work pretty well. I am a very...wide guy. The stock '92 seats were not very wide. I have converted my car to '96 seats and am much more comfortable. I ran the car at Portland International Raceway most of the day yesterday and if not for a warped rotor would have been very comfortable running down the back straight at over 120mph and the front straight at probably closer to 150mph without the chicane. The car exhibited astounding lateral grip and fantastic traction coming off of the corners. The best feature of the car is the targa top. Unless it is raining (in which case it is very very unlikely that I have the car out of the garage) or I am autocrossing/racing I won't drive the vehicle with the top on. Having the top off and the hatch vented about 2" (it's easy to find a hatch vent through the usual Corvette accessory dealers) with the tunes playing and my wife by my side while at speed on a sunny day is the closest that I have ever been to nirvana. It makes me desperately yearn for warmer weather which is coming!!! Be sure that you look into a local Corvette club if you purchase a vette of any year. The commradery is tremendous and you will see parts of your local area that you had never explored before. It will also give you an opportunity to explore the limits of your vehicle that you otherwise might never have reached."

By on Thursday, November 01, 2007

"Only had this car for a few months now. The car is almost 18 years old but in still good condition for the age and milage. Chevy in my opinion has some quality issues with interior, doors, windows and the like. I know cars were never built to last 18 years so I overlooked some of those issues. Corvette speaks for itself and the style is timeless. For the money, it is the best American apple pie for the money. I paid 7K for mine and with a little TCL I have a Vette to be proud of. Good luck"

love vettes,this is my 3rd one!!

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

I own this car

Pros: "top down,hair blowing in the wind!!!!!!"

"runs great,fast,garaged kept and covered. has lt4 manifold and chip. only has 85k, great condtion. conv. new top [07]. asking, only [$10,500]. auto/air ,lumbar seats,won 4 awards in this class. mirrors deflectors,new pipes [08].looks great.. this model IS the " collector edtion ".."

All original 1991 Corvette Conv most reliable vett

By on Friday, December 30, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, good gas mileage for a V8"

Cons: "Passenger foot space limited....but I'm driving!!"

91 Corvette Hardtop Convertible

"I ordered this car back in 1990 and received it in Nov 1990. It has been in the shop twice, once for alternator and once for new injectors. Other than that it has been one dependable automobile. Smooth as glass over 100 and handles like it's on rails. Beautiful timeless lines with the hardtop installed."

91 Corvette Hardtop Convertible

BEST C-4

By on Wednesday, May 18, 2011

"I HAVE THE L-98 WHICH YOU CAN STILL WORK ON YOURSELF. MY HAS 38,000 MI AND GET 16 CITY AND 27 HWY. WE HAVE BEEN EVERYWHERE IN THIS VETTE AND IT HAS NEVER LET US DOWN. CARGO SPACE IS SMALL, BUT IF YOUR DRIVING A VETTE WHO CARES"

Dream Car!

By on Monday, September 06, 2010

"I have been thrilled with how this Vette handles the road. It's a performance car with enough comfort to take long drives through the canyons. It runs well and is definitely an eye catcher. The only problem with reliability has been of course in poor weather, with the rear wheel dive and the amount of horse power you need to take it easy. I love the dashboard and display units, all digital, telling you all sorts of fun things from speed to economy fuel, oil temperature, and battery power. However, the best is still taking the top off like a convertible!"

Once in a lifetime

By on Monday, December 21, 2009

"I've owned this vehicle since new, driven it only in the summer and it's only been handwashed it's entire life. We've used Mobil 1 since new and changed the oil every 5k or less. We have both the hardtop and the soft top set up. It's been a great vacation car for my wife and I, but after 20 years it's dependability is waning. I have loved driving it, but would never own another. Between insurance and mounting repair bills it's a luxury I may have to soon forego!"

My Favorite

By on Tuesday, May 12, 2009

"Bought this car brand new (had 6 miles on it) and even though it's been 15 years and many vehicles later, still my all time favorite. The fold away top never gave me a problem, and I had the car for 7 years. Received over 20MPG the entire time I had it. The only problem I encountered was the cheap plastic back "window" that was cut into the convertiable top. Miss this car as soon as Spring arrives."

I Love Mine!

By on Wednesday, November 26, 2008

"I've had my Vette since 1994, purchased it new, and have driven it daily. At 130,000 miles, its still a great car, and I'd buy another Vette in a heartbeat."

Collector Edition

By on Sunday, April 27, 2008

"Last of the C4, Collector Edition holds its value. Very inexpensive to operate, great gas mileage, very low maintenance."

A sure bet to make a bad day better

By on Wednesday, January 09, 2008

"I have a 1995 Torch Red Convertible. It has a lot more character than the newer vettes and is much more affordable. You have to look at the C4 in comparison to the other cars of the same era. It was a great car then, and it is a great car now. I sold my C4 when I bought my 2006 C6 Victory Red Convertible. Yes, the C6 had better brakes, went through the Pacific Coast Highway a lot faster, had Paddle Shift, a power top, Magnetic Ride, Nav, and power everything! But, I began to miss my C4 more and more as time went on. Fortunately, I was able to buy it back. I will not make the mistake of parting with it again! The styling on the C4 is terrific and the feel of the road cannot be beat."

Great Machine

By on Friday, August 24, 2007

"I have owned my 1993 Vette convertable for four years. I purchased it in 2003 with 51,000 miles on the odometer and have put on about 12,000. A great running car and fun to drive (I had a "71" T-top years ago and sold it back in "85" - Bad Move since the classics are double the cost of the new ones!!!) The car gets amazing gas mileage IF you're not "punching it" all the time and not doing 90 on the open roads. Tooling along at 65 mph it gets 30 mpg - better than my wife's Avalon!!!! At 300 Hp it moves out well and since I'm in the 55 and older sector, I don't worry about the "drags" much. If you getting caught up with "male menepause" and especialy if you owned one in your youth - Get back in the saddle since time my run out before you do!! Get Cruiz'n!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

unbeleviable

By on Monday, July 23, 2007

"I BOUGHT THIS CAR 4 YEARS AGO, AND HAVE HAD NO MAINTAINENCE ISSUES WHATSOEVER. THE PAINT IS STILL GLOSSY, THE LEATHER IS IMPECCABLE. I CHALLENGE ANYONE TO FIND A CAR THAT LOOKS AS NICE, ACCELERATES AS FAST, OR GETS AS MANY COMMENTS- FOR THE COST OF A NEW SUB COMPACT CAR. THE ENGINEERING IS STILL STATE OF THE ART, YET THE VEHICLE IS 12 YEARS OLD. I WILL KEEP THIS FOREVER!"

2nd corvette owned, like this the best

By on Thursday, August 06, 2015

Pros: "everything!"

Cons: "the 8" sill to step over on the way out"

"I bought brand new, 10/95. Previously had a brand new 1979, the 96 LT4 a completely different ride, more luxurious, handles great, still feels and smells brand new with 8,000 miles. I'll have it forever, then my son will take over. Once I get in and drive it, I feel like part of something very special. Nothing like it!"

Love my Ruby

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pros: "It's a vette!!!"

Cons: "Ruff ride."

"My 40th anniversary edition (Ruby Red) vette is great. The ride is ruff but sticks like glue to the road. Bought it used with only a few minor things that need repaired. The digital dash will blink on and off ($350 repair) and the drivers seat side bolster needs repaired. I have found these are common problems with this car with the mileage. On a trip I got 30MPG which I did not expect."

Timeless Design and style

By on Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, performs perfect, Very affordable."

Cons: "Not a one in the world."

"I an completely satisfied with this car. While the ride is what you would expect from a sport car, even at it's age it looks fantastic and drives like a dream. Now that I own this car out right, paid cash, I no longer see any other car and think to myself, "I wqish I had one of those", I have all the car anyone could ask for."

Honestly the best ever! Fully loaded and enjoyed!

By on Sunday, December 18, 2011

Pros: "A real headturner, wonderful driving experience!"

Cons: "Not a family car. The cops tend to notice you TOO!"

"I bought mine (1981 T-Top) White on that beautiful red interior as a babied 5 yr old in 1986 showing 28,0000 kms. I have driven it ever since for about 6 - 8 months of the year and can't imagine being able to drive anything else that still makes me smile after 25 years ! And in the time it really hasn't cost a whole lot of $ or work - All original, believe it or not, all matching numbers, even original paint ! What a car !"

What a blast!

By on Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Pros: "A drivers choice, fun to drive."

Cons: "Not a family car, but who cares"

"Bright red and still a head turner! Walking away from it and looking back at it makes a man's heart sing.. The C4 is my favorite style of all the years and styles. Lt1 is plenty of power and the cornering is great. A touring gem! The coupe has enough room for a couple of sets of golf clubs. Gas mileage is 26 on highway. around town depends on your driving habits."

WooHoo - Corvette's Rock

By on Thursday, September 16, 2010

"Found this car sitting under cover inside a garage for 10+ years with less than 12-K miles and completely blemish free. 1993 Ruby Red, 40th Anniversary Ragtop. Charged the battery, turned the key and it started like the engine had just ran the day before. The performance and the ride are unbelieveable! Seventeen years old now with less than 40-K miles and runs fantastic! I will always own a corvette!"

THE THINGS A BEAST

By on Wednesday, August 18, 2010

"This is more like a space ship, compared to most vehicles on the road. It realy is something special. It Go. Not a family car! one would be lucky to fit a large ice chest in the back. (no rear seats). In short, this respected & raw American muscle car, is smooth, classy, I'll even say elegant. But far from a punk. You will enjoy."