1995 Chevrolet Corvette

Based on 283 Ratings for the 1984 - 1996 models.

All Corvettes are Red!

By on Monday, March 29, 2010

"I'm 6'5 and weigh 280lbs ... and I fit in the cockpit nicely. So, forget about the comments about things being too tight. Hey, it's a sports car, not an SUV or land yacht!! OK ... for the pros: fast, fast fast; have only had a couple hundred in repairs in the 9 years I've owned it. (Just went over 115K miles--I drive it, it's not a museum piece!!). Good gas mileage (great, if you can keep your foot out of the accelerator!!) ... and always draws an admiring glance or comment. As has been said, it looks like it's going 80 when it's sitting still. Sound system is good ... and it's a pretty nice ride considering the stiff/sporty suspension. Cons: WEATHERSTRIPPING!!!! OEM rubber was bad when I bought the car in 2001 ... I replaced it (at the tune of $1200 materials and labor) ... it needs to be replaced again. (My Toyota 4Runner, which is a year older, has the weatherstripping it came from the factory with and it still looks new. What's up with GM??!!) Try it ... you'll like it!"

Wow!

By on Friday, April 25, 2008

"I am 62 and just bought my 1994 coupe about 6 months ago. It is unlike any car I have ever driven including a 1991 929. The handling characteristics are beyond words. I have the ride control option and the performance program is awesome in tight curves. I probably paid to much as I bought it from a Corvette dealer but it is an exceptionally well taken care of car with about 56K miles. The C4 is the most affordable Corvette out there and is a really high tech car for 14 years old. I would most definitely buy this car again having owned it."

Great design for C4

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

Pros: "Great U.S. sports car for the price"

Cons: "Can be a rough ride on city streets"

"I've owned this sine June '98 (father owned since new, May '94). Car only has 16.5k miles on it. Aside from the water pump"

fun to drive

By on Friday, August 07, 2009

"great car had for 6 month now 49,000 miles on it runs great thanks for the tracktion contol button or i would be buying tires all the time it will smoke then with easy as for the ride control nob not sure if it works the ride fells the same where ever u put it sport proformance,touring,all the same the lt1nice power"

amazing ZR-1

By on Tuesday, April 14, 2009

"My 1991 ZR-1 is the best all around sports/performance car I've owned or driven...and I've had the Turbo Porsche and all the other exotics and muscle. Total comfort package with all the bells and whistles, but Bose stereo is isn't durable. It's a true 190 mph rocket sled that still gets 23-25 mog at 75-80 mph. Decent (15-17) in town with a/c on. I had mine modified (top end port & polish; 4:10 gears; better front brakes; and a performance chip) so it outruns stock ZR-1's and stock Z06's. Very comfortable, fully adjustable sports seats...even for me at 245 lbs. Engine is rock sold and bullet proof at 110,000 miles. Powdercoating of engine parts stops degradation of oem coated aluminum. Could still use bigger brakes. Adjustable suspension is great. OEM 315-35ZR17 rear tires are getting harder to find, but newer 18" wheels look and fit good. Imperitive that owners join ZR-1 forums and networks for parts and maintenance info. (best of any car I ever owned). If you can find one that's been taken care of buy it and drive it! Sadly, at 61 I can no longer handle the car or the ZF 6 speed (have arthritis), but I'll hang on as long as I can and enjoy the ride. :)"