1995 Chevrolet Corvette

Based on 286 Ratings for the 1984 - 1996 models.

Perhaps THE BEST VALUE In a Sports Car Today

By on Monday, July 22, 2013

Pros: "Handling and "Its a Chevy" easy to service."

Cons: "Fall In (fine) but Climb Out"

"The 1996 Is The "Best of The C4's". Mine is the LT4 Collector Edition.(bought in 2007) Well documented the LT4 Engine was dramatically underrated by GM at 330HP. They did not want it to outshine the 1997 C5 at least officially. Many LT4's dyno north of 370hp.Mine is a 0-60 in 4.7sec car. What is often overlooked these days is that the original C4 was the "Best Handling Production Car Ever" upon its release. Went for a nice drive just yesterday through the twisty's outside town. Great fun to drive and like others mentioned, always get looks and compliments. I had to rate interior and convenience at 8 as egress is a challenge due to the high sills but when seated it is a true sports car cockpit. I mention value as my 1996 LT4CE is now starting to climb in value. Fine condition later C4's are a true sleeper in the market."

This is my 5th. Vette and by far the best yet!

By on Sunday, November 03, 2013

Pros: "Fit's like a glove, and handle's amazing"

Cons: "Ride's like a buckboard!"

"This is my 5th. Corvette, and the one best yet! I just traded for it and I Love it! Everything work's perfect! and it is a Convertible with BOTH top's! She's Triple Black with all opp's! Couldn't have found a better 93!"

Great design for C4

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

Pros: "Great U.S. sports car for the price"

Cons: "Can be a rough ride on city streets"

"I've owned this sine June '98 (father owned since new, May '94). Car only has 16.5k miles on it. Aside from the water pump"

fun to drive

By on Friday, August 07, 2009

"great car had for 6 month now 49,000 miles on it runs great thanks for the tracktion contol button or i would be buying tires all the time it will smoke then with easy as for the ride control nob not sure if it works the ride fells the same where ever u put it sport proformance,touring,all the same the lt1nice power"

amazing ZR-1

By on Tuesday, April 14, 2009

"My 1991 ZR-1 is the best all around sports/performance car I've owned or driven...and I've had the Turbo Porsche and all the other exotics and muscle. Total comfort package with all the bells and whistles, but Bose stereo is isn't durable. It's a true 190 mph rocket sled that still gets 23-25 mog at 75-80 mph. Decent (15-17) in town with a/c on. I had mine modified (top end port & polish; 4:10 gears; better front brakes; and a performance chip) so it outruns stock ZR-1's and stock Z06's. Very comfortable, fully adjustable sports seats...even for me at 245 lbs. Engine is rock sold and bullet proof at 110,000 miles. Powdercoating of engine parts stops degradation of oem coated aluminum. Could still use bigger brakes. Adjustable suspension is great. OEM 315-35ZR17 rear tires are getting harder to find, but newer 18" wheels look and fit good. Imperitive that owners join ZR-1 forums and networks for parts and maintenance info. (best of any car I ever owned). If you can find one that's been taken care of buy it and drive it! Sadly, at 61 I can no longer handle the car or the ZF 6 speed (have arthritis), but I'll hang on as long as I can and enjoy the ride. :)"

Brute power, with some comfort issues

By on Thursday, April 24, 2008

"I have had my 6-sp coupe for not quite 2 years now. It has proven to be mechanically very reliable after the opti-spark distributor was replaced, would barely run before. The OE Bose stereo although quite advanced in '92 is really mediocre 16 years later. The electronic A/C system throws a fault code once in a while but otherwise seems to work pretty well. I am a very...wide guy. The stock '92 seats were not very wide. I have converted my car to '96 seats and am much more comfortable. I ran the car at Portland International Raceway most of the day yesterday and if not for a warped rotor would have been very comfortable running down the back straight at over 120mph and the front straight at probably closer to 150mph without the chicane. The car exhibited astounding lateral grip and fantastic traction coming off of the corners. The best feature of the car is the targa top. Unless it is raining (in which case it is very very unlikely that I have the car out of the garage) or I am autocrossing/racing I won't drive the vehicle with the top on. Having the top off and the hatch vented about 2" (it's easy to find a hatch vent through the usual Corvette accessory dealers) with the tunes playing and my wife by my side while at speed on a sunny day is the closest that I have ever been to nirvana. It makes me desperately yearn for warmer weather which is coming!!! Be sure that you look into a local Corvette club if you purchase a vette of any year. The commradery is tremendous and you will see parts of your local area that you had never explored before. It will also give you an opportunity to explore the limits of your vehicle that you otherwise might never have reached."

By on Thursday, November 01, 2007

"Only had this car for a few months now. The car is almost 18 years old but in still good condition for the age and milage. Chevy in my opinion has some quality issues with interior, doors, windows and the like. I know cars were never built to last 18 years so I overlooked some of those issues. Corvette speaks for itself and the style is timeless. For the money, it is the best American apple pie for the money. I paid 7K for mine and with a little TCL I have a Vette to be proud of. Good luck"

love vettes,this is my 3rd one!!

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

I own this car

Pros: "top down,hair blowing in the wind!!!!!!"

"runs great,fast,garaged kept and covered. has lt4 manifold and chip. only has 85k, great condtion. conv. new top [07]. asking, only [$10,500]. auto/air ,lumbar seats,won 4 awards in this class. mirrors deflectors,new pipes [08].looks great.. this model IS the " collector edtion ".."

All original 1991 Corvette Conv most reliable vett

By on Friday, December 30, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, good gas mileage for a V8"

Cons: "Passenger foot space limited....but I'm driving!!"

91 Corvette Hardtop Convertible

"I ordered this car back in 1990 and received it in Nov 1990. It has been in the shop twice, once for alternator and once for new injectors. Other than that it has been one dependable automobile. Smooth as glass over 100 and handles like it's on rails. Beautiful timeless lines with the hardtop installed."

91 Corvette Hardtop Convertible

BEST C-4

By on Wednesday, May 18, 2011

"I HAVE THE L-98 WHICH YOU CAN STILL WORK ON YOURSELF. MY HAS 38,000 MI AND GET 16 CITY AND 27 HWY. WE HAVE BEEN EVERYWHERE IN THIS VETTE AND IT HAS NEVER LET US DOWN. CARGO SPACE IS SMALL, BUT IF YOUR DRIVING A VETTE WHO CARES"