1995 Chevrolet Corvette

Based on 284 Ratings for the 1984 - 1996 models.

Wow!

By on Friday, April 25, 2008

"I am 62 and just bought my 1994 coupe about 6 months ago. It is unlike any car I have ever driven including a 1991 929. The handling characteristics are beyond words. I have the ride control option and the performance program is awesome in tight curves. I probably paid to much as I bought it from a Corvette dealer but it is an exceptionally well taken care of car with about 56K miles. The C4 is the most affordable Corvette out there and is a really high tech car for 14 years old. I would most definitely buy this car again having owned it."

Great design for C4

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

Pros: "Great U.S. sports car for the price"

Cons: "Can be a rough ride on city streets"

"I've owned this sine June '98 (father owned since new, May '94). Car only has 16.5k miles on it. Aside from the water pump"

fun to drive

By on Friday, August 07, 2009

"great car had for 6 month now 49,000 miles on it runs great thanks for the tracktion contol button or i would be buying tires all the time it will smoke then with easy as for the ride control nob not sure if it works the ride fells the same where ever u put it sport proformance,touring,all the same the lt1nice power"

amazing ZR-1

By on Tuesday, April 14, 2009

"My 1991 ZR-1 is the best all around sports/performance car I've owned or driven...and I've had the Turbo Porsche and all the other exotics and muscle. Total comfort package with all the bells and whistles, but Bose stereo is isn't durable. It's a true 190 mph rocket sled that still gets 23-25 mog at 75-80 mph. Decent (15-17) in town with a/c on. I had mine modified (top end port & polish; 4:10 gears; better front brakes; and a performance chip) so it outruns stock ZR-1's and stock Z06's. Very comfortable, fully adjustable sports seats...even for me at 245 lbs. Engine is rock sold and bullet proof at 110,000 miles. Powdercoating of engine parts stops degradation of oem coated aluminum. Could still use bigger brakes. Adjustable suspension is great. OEM 315-35ZR17 rear tires are getting harder to find, but newer 18" wheels look and fit good. Imperitive that owners join ZR-1 forums and networks for parts and maintenance info. (best of any car I ever owned). If you can find one that's been taken care of buy it and drive it! Sadly, at 61 I can no longer handle the car or the ZF 6 speed (have arthritis), but I'll hang on as long as I can and enjoy the ride. :)"

Brute power, with some comfort issues

By on Thursday, April 24, 2008

"I have had my 6-sp coupe for not quite 2 years now. It has proven to be mechanically very reliable after the opti-spark distributor was replaced, would barely run before. The OE Bose stereo although quite advanced in '92 is really mediocre 16 years later. The electronic A/C system throws a fault code once in a while but otherwise seems to work pretty well. I am a very...wide guy. The stock '92 seats were not very wide. I have converted my car to '96 seats and am much more comfortable. I ran the car at Portland International Raceway most of the day yesterday and if not for a warped rotor would have been very comfortable running down the back straight at over 120mph and the front straight at probably closer to 150mph without the chicane. The car exhibited astounding lateral grip and fantastic traction coming off of the corners. The best feature of the car is the targa top. Unless it is raining (in which case it is very very unlikely that I have the car out of the garage) or I am autocrossing/racing I won't drive the vehicle with the top on. Having the top off and the hatch vented about 2" (it's easy to find a hatch vent through the usual Corvette accessory dealers) with the tunes playing and my wife by my side while at speed on a sunny day is the closest that I have ever been to nirvana. It makes me desperately yearn for warmer weather which is coming!!! Be sure that you look into a local Corvette club if you purchase a vette of any year. The commradery is tremendous and you will see parts of your local area that you had never explored before. It will also give you an opportunity to explore the limits of your vehicle that you otherwise might never have reached."