1995 Chevrolet Corvette

Based on 284 Ratings for the 1984 - 1996 models.

My and girlfriends 89

By on Saturday, August 29, 2009

"Last year I decided to buy my girlfriend a C4 Vette. I have a worked Camaro and custom conv Stang. These cars freightend her. So the more moddest C4 seemed up our alley. Simply put, this is one of the the most beautiful car bodies out there. So we purchased one for a song that needed a little work. It is a black automatic, glass top, that came with C6 chrome rims. Really sharp. There are few other two seater that I could say you can get for 7-8000 with around 60k on them. The car accelerates quickly and with exhaust, chip, and cold air I would say you can hit 60 in around 5sec. The top speed is around 160, but the handling is hands down this cars strongest point. Both my other two are more powerful and modified, but the C4 with modern tires can easily keep pace. This is really a race car, just under powerd. Honestly this car would be able to out handle my conv mustang at high speeds. And that car is at the limit of its set up. Yeah thats how good it is. Enough with the good, now with the bad. Its noisey, cramped over long distances, under powered in todays standards, and pricey to fix. I think the price to fix is the worst part. When we got ours we had to put two headlight motors in. The cost of the motors... Try just under 800 dollars.One of the power seat motors went bad(of three on a seat), my mechanic put a make shift motor in. Cost of that 200, cost of Chevys way about 600. And you get all three only. They never intend you to just replace one. Plastic dash is plastic. Its craked in a small area freeing the headlight switch. This would be to extencsive to replace and its plastic that is coverd by plastic. So I superglued the crack and the switch. Not the most charming method, but its not seen and works well. The sound system in the 89-90 is the worst around. Bose changed it this year and it is known to go bad. Real bad! Static and it gets worse as you speed up. Two solutions. Put new bose speakers in(200+ a peice), or put a new head unit and speaker set up. The thing is the bose speakers are terrible. But each speaker has a amp. Meaning to change it you have to bypass the amp, and need to only use the two speaker wires and tape the amp wires. This took me a lot of trial and error. The head unit wasn't the easiest either, but not bad. Cost for all four larger speaker and head unit 350. Think about it. I am curently fixing acid rain and repaint the rear bumper cover. The rubber is known to have worn paint. But the engine and trans are solid in these cars. The TPI 5.7 is well known for very high milage when taken care of. I've seen a few over 250,000. But, most Vette owners don't drive that much. So that won't be the problem. On a normal car this would be no problem really, but a Vette can never be to perfect. So I will always have a project with it. She is board of it, but I am not. I love the targa top, but if your not pretty strong it would be difficult to take off by yourself. I get mad at it and frustrated, but one look at its swooping long hood, cool attitude, and sexy body lines I forgive it."

Perhaps THE BEST VALUE In a Sports Car Today

By on Monday, July 22, 2013

Pros: "Handling and "Its a Chevy" easy to service."

Cons: "Fall In (fine) but Climb Out"

"The 1996 Is The "Best of The C4's". Mine is the LT4 Collector Edition.(bought in 2007) Well documented the LT4 Engine was dramatically underrated by GM at 330HP. They did not want it to outshine the 1997 C5 at least officially. Many LT4's dyno north of 370hp.Mine is a 0-60 in 4.7sec car. What is often overlooked these days is that the original C4 was the "Best Handling Production Car Ever" upon its release. Went for a nice drive just yesterday through the twisty's outside town. Great fun to drive and like others mentioned, always get looks and compliments. I had to rate interior and convenience at 8 as egress is a challenge due to the high sills but when seated it is a true sports car cockpit. I mention value as my 1996 LT4CE is now starting to climb in value. Fine condition later C4's are a true sleeper in the market."

Great investment!

By on Sunday, November 03, 2013

Pros: "great investment, great quality"

Cons: "hard to do touch up paint"

"i had this car for almost 10 years, i never had any problem, regular oil change and break pads, car runs the same way like that day when i bought it. I am about to buy my brand new corvette! :-)"

Excellent, reasonably priced fun vehicle

By on Friday, July 20, 2007

"Have owned this car for 5 years now and drive it about 3000mi/yr on avg. It has been great! It has nice tight steering, handles well, has plenty of power, and overall... is a great performer. Also quite comfortable even though from looking at it you would think it is not. Fuel economy is around 25mph and is quite good... the engine runs around 2000rpm at almost 80mph. I hope to enjoy this well into the future!"

This is my 5th. Vette and by far the best yet!

By on Sunday, November 03, 2013

Pros: "Fit's like a glove, and handle's amazing"

Cons: "Ride's like a buckboard!"

"This is my 5th. Corvette, and the one best yet! I just traded for it and I Love it! Everything work's perfect! and it is a Convertible with BOTH top's! She's Triple Black with all opp's! Couldn't have found a better 93!"