2012 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab

7.8

Based on 997 Ratings for the 2004 - 2012 models.

colorado

By on Saturday, January 24, 2009

"Very reliable no problems at all. Cheaply designed and way to much plastic used in cab. very stought 2.8 litre motor. I will own it until it quits"

Favorite Vehicle I've Owned

By on Saturday, January 24, 2009

"2005 with sport package. I only had minor issues with the vehicle. One of which was a recall for a switch in the brake lights. I never had any trouble with them but had the dealership change the part just in case. Stripped the gas lid once and bought a new one. Other than that I loved every second i drove this truck although it did get uncomfortable on long trips. Stupid deer had to go and ruin it for me. But I'm definitely investing the money to have it fixed so i can get back on the road with it again!!"

great little truck

By on Thursday, January 22, 2009

"Owned since new and very satisfied. My first midsize truck, always had full size. Very dependable truck that does what I ask and doesn't cost me a lot of money in the process."

First-Year Bugs, but hard working rig

By on Tuesday, January 6, 2009

"Bought my regular-cab 4x4 Z-71 5-cyl automatic back in '04 to replace my Jeep Wrangler AND Sierra 1500 RWD. It off-roads like a beast...even better than my Wrangler in some situations. Was great to have when the snow and ice storm hit Oregon this winter, too. I never lost traction and it fit in the garage! I've used it on military base tank roads and soft-sand beaches with no fear of getting stuck and have used it to pull Marine's vehicles out of the sand! I can get 27 MPG if I'm really careful on a long haul, but 20 is more typical. Smaller size makes it easier for the wife to park and it is more maneuverable than the Sierra was. Now the down side: Fit and finish is terrible. Rattles and strange noises, a loose passenger seat that wobbles around and 3 dealerships could not fix it, horrible rattly speakers, gawd-awful stock tires, loose power-window motor bolts, dashboard warped by sun exposure, and something is stuck in the blower-motor for the AC that makes a terrible rattle. These may just be the dreaded first-year draw-backs, but they add up. Still, I got this thing new for $7,800 below sticker and it's been a real work-horse despite the irritating trim issues. Unless you're a SoCal city-dweller the 4x4 is worth its weight in gold. Mechanically it never needed anything other than tires and oil changes in the first 40K miles. All in all, not too bad for $10,000 less than a Tacoma."

small car to truck

By on Friday, October 31, 2008

"I traded a scion xB for this truck, I have had many pickups in my day an I am more of a ford guy. I wanted a mid size pick up but the ford ranger style is getting old and is not due for re style for 2 more years. I looked at Toyota and Chevy. I like the Chevy over the Toyota because it feels like there is more room in it. I am a big guy at 6'2" and almost 300 lbs so room in the cab is important to me as I drive about 32000 miles a year. I have had the truck about 2 mo. now and guess what? I am a Chevy Guy now. Ride is very nice, very little cabin noise, good power for passing and towing hello what more could you want in a small 4 door truck. Test drive one for your self."

Underpowered

By on Sunday, August 31, 2008

"I bought the I4 Crew Cab; apparently a crew cab needs more power the 4 cylinders can provide. I have owned the truck for less than a week and I’m already looking for something else. Trucks need power I don’t even know if the I5 would be enough for me."

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2008

"I've had my Colly going on 2 years now and I've had some problems. I had it in the shop for the fuel switch (warranty item), headlight moisture (warranty item), check engine light (warranty Item) and then the warranty went out. Since then, I've replaced the alternator, battery, and belt tensioner pully. No problems recently. All in all, it's a great truck, reasonbly priced and decent gas mileage. Like the other reviews though, buy used (I did) because you will lose big money when you drive a new on off the lot. Good truck!"

Great Small Truck

By on Friday, August 22, 2008

"I love my Colorado. It gets great gas mileage for a truck (17city,21hgwy). It hasn't failed on me once. I haul heavy loads (max limit) in it on a regular basis and it handles great. It gives most the advantages of a large truck with many of the advantages of a car. It is a great medium."

Problem after problem...

By on Monday, July 14, 2008

"This truck has been nothing but problems since I purchased it. It spent more time in the shop the first year I had it than in my driveway. I purchased it used at 32,000 miles and since have had to numerous serious repares including the entire front-end steering, have had shocks snap off the frame, numerous check engine lights, 4wd problems, carbon build-up, along with many other problems. This vehicle does not retain it's value and I definitely would not recommend it to anyone who relies on their vehicle to get to work and back."

Good Value

By on Sunday, May 18, 2008

"I have been pleased with this vehicle. I have owned my Chevy Colorado for almost 2 years. I have driven my family in it, used it for light hauling, and have towed some trailers with it. The only thing that I am not impressed with is the turning radius. I would have like a better turning radius for a truck this size, but that is my only complaint."

GOOD TRUCK

By on Saturday, May 17, 2008

"I HAVE A 2004 WITH 80000 ON IT AND HAVE NEVER HAD A SINGLE PROBLEM OUT OF IT. THE I -5 ENGINE HAS PLENTY OF POWER"

Love Chevys

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2008

"As a long-time Chevy owner, This truck definitely met my expectations. My only complaint is that the tow rating for this size vehicle is poor. Otherwise, the performance would easily get 5 stars."

great for the money

By on Saturday, April 26, 2008

"I own a 2005 extended cab with the inline 5. All I can say is WOW... This little truck has power and gas mileage. I put a cover on the back and the gas mileage went up about 2-3 miles per gallon on the highway. I placed 16 inch tires on it as well and it made it ride, feel and look better. Anyone looking for a smaller truck I would totally recommend."

Could Be Better

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2008

"I have had my truck almost two years. I got water in the cab due to faulty center break light seal. Power locks and window switches had to be replaced. Gas milage for me has been ok. I average about 15-16 no matter what I do. I have a 20' Chris Craft and it pulls it ok but you know its there. I wish I would have gone with the Honda or the Tacoma for not much more. Lots of plastic and cheaply made parts. 2WD is horrible in the snow."

Great Truck!Critics wre wrong!!

By on Friday, February 22, 2008

"I had a 2004 Colorado, now I have a 2007. I drive it from New York to Florida loaded up with stuff. Its a great truck. It's fast, handles great and comfortable.I looked at the Tacomas and you can't get side air bags on extended cabs,you can't switch into 4 wheel drive while moving, the car alarm is extra, you can't get a sun roof and the colorado Z71 3.7 liter has more HORSEPOWER!. The Nissan's Frontier had a real cheap interior. So did the Dodge Dakota. I like the improved 2007 Colorado interior. The colorado is the best LITTLE truck on the market today. The only thing I don't like are the cheap tires. When I replaced them on the first Colorado it handled alot better. The critics wre wrong! I think you just have to buy it fully loaded. 3LT."

Don't buy this vehicle if you live in a city

By on Friday, February 15, 2008

"I bought this truck when I lived in Virginia and had no problems with it. The truck runs well and smooth - but it has the SMALLEST turning radius I've ever seen. I feel like I'm parking a tractor trailer everytime I pull into a parking lot. I cannot do a U turn on a 2 lane highway, its really depressing. Don't buy this truck!"

Good Value

By on Wednesday, January 9, 2008

"My family has had 4 Colorados in various trim levels and cabs. All have been reliable. Like the size. Don't like the grill that much. Fuel mileage has been better than average for pickups. 4x4's are great in the sand on Assateague! I'll probably buy another. I would recommend the I5, as it seems a little smoother."

GREAT ECONOMICAL VEHICLE

By on Thursday, December 20, 2007

"FOR ALL AROUND USE WORK,PLEASURE AND TRAVEL THIS TRUCK IS A GOOD FIT W/OUT TRYING TO BE PRETENTIOUS. IT IS A GOOD VALUE FOR THE MONEY AND DURABLE W/ A 5 YR 60,000 TRANSFERRABLE WARRANTY. GETS 23-28 MILES/GAL."

Dependable hard working truck with great styling

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2007

"This is my first Chevrolet truck and I have been very impressed with the overall quality and styling. This truck does everything that I need it to do!! I initially bought this truck because I got a great deal on it but I was skeptical of it's quality and dependabilty based upon various professional reviews that I had read. I have driven this truck approx 30k miles in 1+ years and I have not experienced any major or minor problems. I have owned Toyota vehicles in the past and like them but I have to admit that this truck to date is very comparable to Toyota's quality and I would buy another one."

Aw c'mon Chevy

By on Friday, November 2, 2007

"Give me back my old Toyota. I wanted to buy American but this truck, with light use, is falling apart after one year, and service....good golly, unresponsive service is the best I could say about it."

Nice truck!

By on Friday, October 26, 2007

"I own a ranch and several large Ford and Dodge 4X4 trucks. Bought the 2004 Colorado LS Regular Cab with the I5 to save gas for local travel. I have 42000 mi., original brakes, and just replaced the original General tires. I have not had ANY problems with this truck. Get 21mpg city and 25mpg on the road. It pulls alright, but not much! This is a big improvement over the S10. This is a nice, cheap and reliable little truck!"

Great lawn ornament

By on Wednesday, September 26, 2007

"I purchased this truck used with less than 5,000 miles, it now has 11,800 miles. Most of the miles were put on it taking it back and forth to the dealer for service. It goes into four wheel drive whenever you take a hard right turn, countless electrical problems and a lot of squeaks and rattles. The delaership was no help, they can not fix the problem and was very rude. I had bought 8 new cars off this dealership and they treated me like they never seen me before. If GM keeps making vehicle like this, they will be in trouble."

05 colorado

By on Monday, September 24, 2007

"this is a great truck, plenty of power for a little pick up. Also gets good gas mileage."

Not So hot

By on Wednesday, September 12, 2007

"The 4 cylinder model of this truck is virtualy worthless as an automatic. It's gearing is all wrong and there is not enough good fuel mileage to make up for the puny power of this truck. Buying this truck was the worst thing I've ever done when it comes to a vehicle purchase. Maybe the 5 or 6 cylinders are better but I won't know because I'll never drive one again. It is not so hot after all. I was very let down."

Great Buy

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2007

"My son bought this truck for cheap and dependable transportation. It has been both. Since he left for Iraq, I have been driving it to work and get about 24 mpg. No problems to date, it has never been in the shop."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals