• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2012 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab

7.8

Based on 948 Ratings for the 2004 - 2012 models.

alot of bang for the buck

By on Saturday, July 27, 2013

Pros: "value dependable"

Cons: "kinda boring"

"if your looking for a compact truck that fits into anyones budget then this is the most truck for the buck, trust me i done my homework, i needed a 4 door small truck and couldnt afford a frontier or tacoma so i went with the colorado,overall it will get the job done for half the price of the competion, i recommend it and its very decent on fuel and peppy if your already rolling at say 35-40 mph,to sum it up you cant beat the value i plan on buying another next year but with 4x4 but im keeping this one for my son."

Had two Chevy Colorado's

By on Friday, July 19, 2013

Pros: "well built, great offroad, great inline 5 engine."

Cons: "replace lights more often, and suspension"

"I had a 2005 Chevy Colorado LS that was a manual. This truck has a sporty interior design and handled anything I threw at it. I took it off road with moderate traction tires. I went on the sand dunes and in the deep snow and everywhere in between. It handled anything I threw at it. It's in line 5 is a unique engine that offers some power down low and hauls toy hauling trailers with ease. It's like having a V6 with the economy of a V4. I unfortunately totaled that truck and I simply had to have my truck back. I got a 2006 Colorado LT. It handles very well and the only thing I don't like compared to my old truck is the fact that this one is an automatic. Both have been very well built and dependable. The shocks normally need to be replaced by 100k to 125k miles. I wish the front plastics under the chrome bumper were thicker because they tend to crack easier than a standard bumper. Lights need replacements more often than what I think would be normal. I see a basic form of this truck all around town now and I know why. This truck is very dependable and will cause you very few mechanical headaches."

love my truck

By on Wednesday, July 17, 2013

"my truck has preformed great for me with no major troubles and still gives me good gas mils."

wouldnt start on wet days

By on Thursday, May 23, 2013

Reason: wouldnt start on wet days

Pros: "nice to drive"

Cons: "starting problem"

"my 04 chevy colorado crew cab 4x4 3.5 liter was a great little truck until on moist damp mornings or evenings you got in turned the key the starter would spin the motor but it wouldnt fire up it would take about 20 min and it would start just fine it left no code in the computer or check engine light the shop told me it would be like finding a needle in a hay stack it would have to do it when it is hooked to there computer like that would ever happand when it only did it once a month or so"

Great Looking TRuck

By on Sunday, May 19, 2013

Pros: "black-has the 18's"

Cons: "no trailer package"

"I purchased 2012 colorado crew LT 1 with sport apperence packeage with 18's in Sept 2011 with 11 miles on the truck when i brought it home and i was working as a independent contractor so i put 1000 miles per week on the truck i have only used pennzoil platinuim 5w30 and wix filters and i put a K&N air filter in the truck. I also added a snap tonneau cover by lund stopped independent contracting just before a year went back to driving a semi truck and have parked the colorado but still drive it once a month now to get the miles down. When i ran my route i was getting 22 mpg per week and then i drove it to pick up my semi i got 24.5 on the way to and from. I wish chevy would start building this truck again..."

Great ,very dependable truck

By on Friday, May 17, 2013

Pros: "Excellent in snow,roomy for a small truck"

Cons: "Cannot pull much weight"

"Own an 09 z71 crew cab and love it,the truck is so good in the snow you hardly ever have to put in 4 wheel drive.interior is a little chinsey but fine. I have a fisher homesteader plow on it and it plows snow no problem.im 5 ft 8 245 lbs and am very comfortable in the truck have done many long trips with no problems and am very comfortable.the only thing I could say bad about the truck is you cannot tow a lot of weight,I love my Colorado and would buy one again in a minute."

It's a decent truck

By on Monday, May 06, 2013

Pros: "gas mileage, fairly cheap, good in snow"

Cons: "seats, bed length, plain interior, seats!"

2009 Colorado w/20" XD's

"Style and looks are good in my opinion. It is pretty good in the snow. I have the 3.7 inline 5 and it is pretty gutless but gets good gas mileage for it's class. The bed could use a 6 foot option like the Toyota. The interior is plain and basic with few options. Couple that with uncomfortable seats and a tight suspension and it make road trips painful! It does have a fair amount of cup holders though! Over all it's not to bad for what it is."

2009 Colorado w/20" XD's

Basic vehicle with few frills.

By on Monday, May 06, 2013

Pros: "Serves the need for occasional use as a pickup"

Cons: "Warning lights/sensors give me fits."

"Have had few issues with this little truck. The tire pressure monitor warning light kept coming on which turned out to be a faulty control unit and its antenna. The ABS fault error light is now coming on (rarely) and is likely some quirk in the computer. It goes off the next time it is started. It has served my purpose for an occasional need for a small pickup and provides basic transportation with about 23 mpg."

I own a 2005 Colorado 4x4 z71

By on Friday, May 03, 2013

Pros: "Strong Motor, Comfortable seats, Good handling."

Cons: "No towing button have to put in 3rd gear."

"My colorado is amazing have no problem at all what so ever pulling mudding or anything. I have pulled 20ft bass boat 300 hundred miles with no problem. I can honestly say Chevrolet perfected the inline 5cyl. I get about 18 mpg with 24's and 4in lift so i am not complaining. This truck i would recomend to anyone its a great truck even with 155,155 miles on it. The only problem with pulling is that you have to put it in 3rd gear cause they have no towing button."

timing chain

By on Wednesday, May 01, 2013

"i have 22 k miles on it and it will cost me a third of the value on a trade in the timing chain is damaged!2200$"

Great little truck

By on Friday, April 26, 2013

Pros: "Looks good, Reliable, great gas mileage, roomy"

Cons: "no cd player"

"I have wanted one of these trucks for a while and finally got one. I have had it for about a year and absolutely love it! There really isn't any complaints from me on this truck besides there is no CD player and looks like it might be a pain to purchase one and put it in. I have a standard and the clutch is really easy to use and works great. I didn't by power windows or anything, just the bottom of the line but it's a really good truck. Usually I get 19 to 21 MPG depending on how I drive. My mother has a four door Colorado with electric everything and she absolutely loves hers too."

Good car

By on Friday, April 19, 2013

Pros: "Easy driving"

Cons: "Gas consumption and power"

"Purcaseed 2nd hand, and owned for two years. The room behind is perfect for lugage and paperwork bag going to work."

Great reliable daily driver

By on Monday, March 11, 2013

Pros: "Reliability and looks"

Cons: "Size, interier"

Primary use of this truck, hauling a quad getting about 25mpg :P

"The truck is very reliable and i love the inline 5. Great for beginner drivers or drivers looking for a small truck for economy. I get about 28hwy and about 20ish city."

Primary use of this truck, hauling a quad getting about 25mpg :P

traded a silverado should have stayed with one

By on Saturday, January 05, 2013

"This truck has been o.k. but thats about it, have had lots of little problems , leaking headlight seals,all bulbs burning out,tire pressure monitor problems, Starting problems, Passlock system -expensive fix and chevy dealers have been less than helpful. Always owned chevys, but i think my next truck will be a toyota."

Hard Working Solid Truck - No Question

By on Friday, January 04, 2013

Pros: "Marvelously made, great truck."

Cons: "Doesnt fit tall (6'-2" +) people well."

"Its not fancy but it gets the job done, and doesnt complain when you ask to much of it. I have the 2.8L and it can pull a 12x8 cover trailer full of furniture 200-300 miles no problem. I've filled the entire bed with gravel severely overloading it, and it got it done without complaint. Mileage varies, but I generally dont get below 20mpg, and have gotten as high as 26mpg on long hauls under idea conditions. I have beaten the truck for 70k miles and it hasnt given me any problems that are truly troubling. But there are a couple things that are starting to appear. I need to replace a sensor (prolly 02) and that is causing a sporatic abnormal idle from time to time. The emergency brake cable will get moisture in it, and in cold weather will cause the brake to lock sometimes, solution either add weight to the bed or replace the cable once every ten years. Rarely the truck will randomly not start, I'm still chasing the problem, but I think there is a position sensor or something for the clutch that is preventing the engine from starting. If you let it be, or pump the clutch, it will start. Plastic handles to move seats will break, vicegrips for the win. Really nitpicking here now. The transmission fill plug located in a way that you cant fill it easily, you will need a pump or something to fill it. In closing. I tried give a useful review, there really isnt much wrong with the truck after 150k and I'm very impressed. It doesnt burn or leak oil from the engine, transmission, or rear end. It has plenty of power when coupled with the 5spd transmission. The truck just works."

Great Value for a Light Duty Truck

By on Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Pros: "Looks, mileage, ride & handling"

Cons: "Bed sheet metal is too light"

"I bought my Colorado new, in 2007, with the 5-speed manual tranny and 4 cyl Vortec engine. I've put 66K miles on it and just put the first new set of tires on it. I love the ride and the handling and the gas mileage. I get offers to buy it often, because it looks really good. My only beef is that the sheet metal in the bed is thin and easily dented by just about anything you toss in there. I've had some sticking problems with the extended cab doors, but nothing too bad. I do keep cracking my skull on the back door latch when I need to reach in. Jeeze that hurts! If you don't need a heavy truck, this is the best value I've ever seen. The reseale on it right now, is less than $1000 lower than when I bought it! Its holding its value. I put over 300K miles on my old Japanese pickup, but it never rose to the quality of my Colorado. I get 22-24 mpg in town, and 26-29 mpg on the highway. It's a joy to drive. The Vortec engine is just about maintenance free. I would buy another one, and would sure encourage others who don't need a tank, to go with this truck."

Probably the best mid-size truck made.

By on Friday, November 16, 2012

Pros: "Great gas mileage,"

Cons: "Cheap interior,"

"bought my 2004 Colorado used, in December 2004. It only had 750 miles on it. I would not trade this for any other truck, unless I upgrade maybe to a Silverado. The 5.7 5 cylinder has as much power as most 6 cylinders if not more. And I get around 23 mpg/ 19 city. I have had trouble with the speakers, Have had them fixed several times but they don't last long. Other than that it has been a good mid-size truck."

best overall little truck

By on Thursday, November 15, 2012

Pros: "great on gas, great on riding experience"

Cons: "bad turning radius"

"I bought an '08 Colorado brand new 4 years ago. I have been extremely happy with it. My job requires us to drive multiple trucks from time to time, and most of them are the Colorado's competition. My coworkers rather ride in my personal Colorado than the company truck. The cab feels half again bigger than either of the Japanese competition. The Chevy gets the best gas mileage by far, foreign or domestic competition. The Colorado has so much smoother, easier ride than most of the competition. The only real negative I have is the huge turning radius. With all the other positives, I can live with that one negative."

Over 200,000 miles, Very Happy

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Pros: "Lots"

Cons: "Listed above"

"My Colorado has had no major issues in over 200,000 miles, the CD player dosent take disc anymore, I have one bad side window motor and the the fan only works on 4. Thats it, the mileage has been up to 27mpg with the 5 cylinder auto, it is still running great and the maintenance cost have been extremely low, would buy another in an instant."

Id buy it again.

By on Sunday, November 11, 2012

Pros: "cheap, gas friendly, looks good,"

Cons: "i got nothin. its not luxury??"

"I have owned this truck for 5 years and counting. I have considered trading it in several times but could never find something as versatile and gas friendly as this truck. I am a home owner and I believe that everyhomeowner needs a truck. That being said I feel this is the most cost effective truck you could own. I also drive 50mi back and forth to work and any other truck would probably bankrupt my household. I would highly recommend the colorado."

I love this vehicle. Great looking & dependable.

By on Saturday, November 10, 2012

Pros: "Great vehicle and really looks and drives great."

Cons: "None as far as I'm concerned."

"I wish Chevrolet had not discontinued building Colorado Xtremes. Mine is an '07 with low miles I would consider purchasing the newest model if they made a 2013. I ordered everything available accessory-wise and love all the amenities especially the Sirius/XM radio. I guess I will just have to keep this one until I start having trouble with it. If that should ever happen. Great Truck all-around. I didn't mention the great leather buccket seats with heaters in both. Also the back doors on the Extended Cab."

V8 worth every penny!

By on Monday, November 05, 2012

Pros: "Right size, great V8 power! (18 mpg avg)"

Cons: "Price is steep, but worth it for me."

2012 Chevy Colorado V8- Aqua Blue Metallic

"I traded in an S10 ZR2 and knew I wanted a V8. Colorado just the right size for my garage. Full size features in midsize package. Interior a little cheap and "plastic". Very happy with power, handling, and towing. Comfortable back seat for people under 6'."

2012 Chevy Colorado V8- Aqua Blue Metallic

BESTESTIESTIEY CAR IN THE WHOLE WORLD

By on Tuesday, October 23, 2012

"i love the ride. Its efficient, cost effective, and very well spent money. I love everything about the car, and its great"

worst thing i ever owned

By on Friday, October 19, 2012

"14-15 mpg very poor turning radius replaced battery 5 times in first 6 years of ownership (twice under warnente) power is ok comfort is good"

Dependable, reliable, and practicle.

By on Saturday, October 13, 2012

Pros: "easy to drive and park and maintain."

Cons: "no door key lock on passenger side of truck."

"Had this truck for 7+years. Only had one 'unscheduled' maintenance problem: ABS sensors that cost about $500 at the dealer to replace. My mileage has always been 19+mpg and 23-26 on trips. Easy to park and good all around visibility. This thing is a keeper; should last me 200-300k miles."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals