• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2012 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab

7.8

Based on 937 Ratings for the 2004 - 2012 models.

Good little truck

By on Wednesday, January 15, 2014

"it has been a great little truck once it got past 60000 miles ..it has some design flaws that became apparent early in its life"

Great vehicle

By on Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pros: "Verry good driver"

"Good power, plenty of room, no mechanical issues, only 1 recall that was for the radio, excellant 4 wheel drive."

great ride never towed

By on Saturday, January 11, 2014

"Great gas mileage 19 / 24 only repairs ever needed front wheel drive failed Repaired at dealer drivers side of bed repaired slid into a tree all work done by All state"

very reliable

By on Thursday, January 02, 2014

"This truck has been pretty much trouble free and except for normal maintenance and tires has been very economical"

Sweetness

By on Thursday, December 26, 2013

"This car runs great and hanldes fantastically. I always felt like I was in a sports car even though it is a small 4 door family car."

Not great mechanical quality.

By on Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Pros: "Good highway mileage on long trips."

Cons: "Garage mans companion with mechanical problems."

"Have had several recalls on the rear lights. Had to have emissions work done at around 46,000 miles which was under warranty. At about 51,000 miles engine light came on and it was a cracked cylinder head...not under warranty, but they said they will covered some... There was a recall but the dealer I went to did nothing at that time while still under warranty...1 year later it was finally diagnosed and now I have to shell out money that I never should have to. The heater fan died when it was about 2 years old. The heater had more problems after they fixed the motor, but would not do anything. The windshield washer motor died at some point and as I really never used it it might of died the first year I had it. There were other problems that never should of happen also. My first new Chevrolet and it will be my last Chevrolet. My neighbor also has one, but his is a 2007 and he had to have the transmission replaced in his and also in their Tahoe... Lucky for him he is a retired GM employee so it cost him next to nothing to have them fixed...he also has had the same issues with the windshield washer and heater fan. Time for Chevrolet to do recalls and pay for the problems. I will be calling them and complaining about all my issues. If they don't cover all the repairs that are not due to any fault of my own I will never buy another GM product."

Best small pickup available!

By on Saturday, November 23, 2013

Cons: "Gas mileage is around 25 mpg."

"I bought this 2011 Chevrolet Colorado new in January 2011. It has proven to be extremely reliable. I do a lot of driving, as I live 60 miles from work. I have not had to have any major repairs on this vehicle at all, and it still runs as good as it did when I drove it off the lot almost 3 years ago. I have driven nothing but Chevrolet products since 1974, and have used the same dealer since 1984. I have never been disappointed."

Fits just right for my needs.

By on Friday, November 01, 2013

Pros: "Power, handling, ride."

Cons: "Short bed, non towing fuel economy"

"I bougth this truck because I needed a passenger vehicle that could tow my boat and other things. That's why I got the 5.3 V-8 4X4, Z71 package which gives me a nearly 6000 LB tow capacity. The 4.10 axle ratio is not needed and probably effects the MPG. I get 18 on the highway not towing and 10-12 when towing. The bed is too short, but with a cover it works much like my suburban did. I also tow it behind my motor home.Doe's just fine. The 4X4 was necessary for that purpose. Great truck!"

one fine truck.

By on Sunday, October 20, 2013

Pros: "does everything i need it to do--economically"

Cons: "bed is to small to really work"

"great economy, have been averaging 20mpg since purchased. have had no major problems. although I do not like the styling, I think it is the best of group. the purchase price was much less than the Toyota and yet the paint interior have held up remarkably well. during time of ownership, all I have had to do was change the rheostat that controls the heater fan speeds. had to do it twice. that was not a great deal."

great small truck

By on Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Pros: "size,economy,utility,comfort"

Cons: "lack of passenger door external key lock,"

"We bought this truck with 62,500 miles and it needed new brakes,transfer case seals,some emission work,fluid ,shocks,etc. and installed an anti-sway bar on the rear ( a must have option in my opinion).With the I5, manual 5 speed, 4wd and 4:11 posi-trac it averages 23 mpg overall and has plenty of comfort and power-usually start off in 2nd gear.It is a sharp looking truck,smooth ,quiet and fun to drive.Would highly recommend to any one needing this class of vehicle"

Great Truck for the Money

By on Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Pros: "Fearless in 4WD"

Cons: "Cheap electronics cruize control went out"

"The interior needs work it is spartan but it is a truck. The 4WD is superior and the 5 cylinder engine gives it the extra power it needs to make this the best 4WD truck I have ever had. It will go where Tahoe's and Expeditions falter. On the return trip from LA and grapevine closed. Went through Mojave but 14 backed up for miles. Found a road with 2' deep mud holes. Put it in 4 Low and went through had to pull out a Tahoe and and Expedition. I named him 'Little Pepi' after Romancing the Stone movie. Only complaint my cruise control went out and the seats need to be replaced."

AWESOME TRUCK

By on Saturday, August 31, 2013

Pros: "Reliable..drives good. nice cool air. roomy"

Cons: "Back door slightly offline has to push up to shut"

My Truck

"I have had a Ford F-150 and a dodge Dakota so far this has been the best truck yet. I have not had it long maybe a month or so it's a 2010 extended cab 4cyl. Love it a lot. The back seats are roomy but not as comfy for long trips but the front is were i sit and it is very comfy!!! Thanks Chevy!!"

My Truck

No Problems at all.

By on Wednesday, August 21, 2013

"I have all the confidence in this truck. Gas mileage is the only downfall."

very good and reliable vehicle.

By on Saturday, August 10, 2013

Cons: "loose the automatic door locks in drive very annoy"

"Minor details could use work like cheap decals falling off, paint over fender extensions peeling. running light switch works when it wants to. Gets great gas mileage and the I-5 engine is plenty powerful."

alot of bang for the buck

By on Saturday, July 27, 2013

Pros: "value dependable"

Cons: "kinda boring"

"if your looking for a compact truck that fits into anyones budget then this is the most truck for the buck, trust me i done my homework, i needed a 4 door small truck and couldnt afford a frontier or tacoma so i went with the colorado,overall it will get the job done for half the price of the competion, i recommend it and its very decent on fuel and peppy if your already rolling at say 35-40 mph,to sum it up you cant beat the value i plan on buying another next year but with 4x4 but im keeping this one for my son."

Had two Chevy Colorado's

By on Friday, July 19, 2013

Pros: "well built, great offroad, great inline 5 engine."

Cons: "replace lights more often, and suspension"

"I had a 2005 Chevy Colorado LS that was a manual. This truck has a sporty interior design and handled anything I threw at it. I took it off road with moderate traction tires. I went on the sand dunes and in the deep snow and everywhere in between. It handled anything I threw at it. It's in line 5 is a unique engine that offers some power down low and hauls toy hauling trailers with ease. It's like having a V6 with the economy of a V4. I unfortunately totaled that truck and I simply had to have my truck back. I got a 2006 Colorado LT. It handles very well and the only thing I don't like compared to my old truck is the fact that this one is an automatic. Both have been very well built and dependable. The shocks normally need to be replaced by 100k to 125k miles. I wish the front plastics under the chrome bumper were thicker because they tend to crack easier than a standard bumper. Lights need replacements more often than what I think would be normal. I see a basic form of this truck all around town now and I know why. This truck is very dependable and will cause you very few mechanical headaches."

love my truck

By on Wednesday, July 17, 2013

"my truck has preformed great for me with no major troubles and still gives me good gas mils."

wouldnt start on wet days

By on Thursday, May 23, 2013

Reason: wouldnt start on wet days

Pros: "nice to drive"

Cons: "starting problem"

"my 04 chevy colorado crew cab 4x4 3.5 liter was a great little truck until on moist damp mornings or evenings you got in turned the key the starter would spin the motor but it wouldnt fire up it would take about 20 min and it would start just fine it left no code in the computer or check engine light the shop told me it would be like finding a needle in a hay stack it would have to do it when it is hooked to there computer like that would ever happand when it only did it once a month or so"

Great Looking TRuck

By on Sunday, May 19, 2013

Pros: "black-has the 18's"

Cons: "no trailer package"

"I purchased 2012 colorado crew LT 1 with sport apperence packeage with 18's in Sept 2011 with 11 miles on the truck when i brought it home and i was working as a independent contractor so i put 1000 miles per week on the truck i have only used pennzoil platinuim 5w30 and wix filters and i put a K&N air filter in the truck. I also added a snap tonneau cover by lund stopped independent contracting just before a year went back to driving a semi truck and have parked the colorado but still drive it once a month now to get the miles down. When i ran my route i was getting 22 mpg per week and then i drove it to pick up my semi i got 24.5 on the way to and from. I wish chevy would start building this truck again..."

Great ,very dependable truck

By on Friday, May 17, 2013

Pros: "Excellent in snow,roomy for a small truck"

Cons: "Cannot pull much weight"

"Own an 09 z71 crew cab and love it,the truck is so good in the snow you hardly ever have to put in 4 wheel drive.interior is a little chinsey but fine. I have a fisher homesteader plow on it and it plows snow no problem.im 5 ft 8 245 lbs and am very comfortable in the truck have done many long trips with no problems and am very comfortable.the only thing I could say bad about the truck is you cannot tow a lot of weight,I love my Colorado and would buy one again in a minute."

It's a decent truck

By on Monday, May 06, 2013

Pros: "gas mileage, fairly cheap, good in snow"

Cons: "seats, bed length, plain interior, seats!"

2009 Colorado w/20" XD's

"Style and looks are good in my opinion. It is pretty good in the snow. I have the 3.7 inline 5 and it is pretty gutless but gets good gas mileage for it's class. The bed could use a 6 foot option like the Toyota. The interior is plain and basic with few options. Couple that with uncomfortable seats and a tight suspension and it make road trips painful! It does have a fair amount of cup holders though! Over all it's not to bad for what it is."

2009 Colorado w/20" XD's

Basic vehicle with few frills.

By on Monday, May 06, 2013

Pros: "Serves the need for occasional use as a pickup"

Cons: "Warning lights/sensors give me fits."

"Have had few issues with this little truck. The tire pressure monitor warning light kept coming on which turned out to be a faulty control unit and its antenna. The ABS fault error light is now coming on (rarely) and is likely some quirk in the computer. It goes off the next time it is started. It has served my purpose for an occasional need for a small pickup and provides basic transportation with about 23 mpg."

I own a 2005 Colorado 4x4 z71

By on Friday, May 03, 2013

Pros: "Strong Motor, Comfortable seats, Good handling."

Cons: "No towing button have to put in 3rd gear."

"My colorado is amazing have no problem at all what so ever pulling mudding or anything. I have pulled 20ft bass boat 300 hundred miles with no problem. I can honestly say Chevrolet perfected the inline 5cyl. I get about 18 mpg with 24's and 4in lift so i am not complaining. This truck i would recomend to anyone its a great truck even with 155,155 miles on it. The only problem with pulling is that you have to put it in 3rd gear cause they have no towing button."

timing chain

By on Wednesday, May 01, 2013

"i have 22 k miles on it and it will cost me a third of the value on a trade in the timing chain is damaged!2200$"

Great little truck

By on Friday, April 26, 2013

Pros: "Looks good, Reliable, great gas mileage, roomy"

Cons: "no cd player"

"I have wanted one of these trucks for a while and finally got one. I have had it for about a year and absolutely love it! There really isn't any complaints from me on this truck besides there is no CD player and looks like it might be a pain to purchase one and put it in. I have a standard and the clutch is really easy to use and works great. I didn't by power windows or anything, just the bottom of the line but it's a really good truck. Usually I get 19 to 21 MPG depending on how I drive. My mother has a four door Colorado with electric everything and she absolutely loves hers too."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for