• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2012 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab

7.8

Based on 979 Ratings for the 2004 - 2012 models.

Good for the money

By on Thursday, January 17, 2008

"I have had my 04 I5 Crew cab 4x4 LS since March of 2007. It's a great truck all around. Handles great in the snow and wet or dry pavement. The gas mileage isn't as good as I thought it would be. I range from 17 to 21 mpg depending on highway or town. I have had a few minor problems with my truck. first problem I had and still have is, if I have 1/2 tank of gas or less and I put the vehicle in neutral from drive, the gas gauge drops to empty and the warning light for low fuel comes on. I took it in and no one can figure it out. Also My heater switch only works on high. I think it's just the switch though. Overall its a good truck. It has plenty of power and room and is small enough not to bust your wallet for MPG!!! I got the 4 door so I could put my daughter in the back. The rear seats dont have a lot of leg room but they have enough to fit adults in them. I am 6'0" tall and can fit but it's tight. I would recommend this truck to somone who needs room for a car seat and is looking for a small truck with capabilities."

2004 colorado troubles

By on Sunday, September 09, 2007

"I wouldn't recommend this truck to my worst enemy. At 24k miles the intake valves burned. At 48k the intakes and exhaust valves burned. At 50k the head, valves, cams and timing chain were replaced. Now it is all electicrical problems. Replaced brake lights 3x and headlights twice. Now the truck sometimes won't start. The antitheft dash light keeps coming on and there is no anti-theft device on the truck. The front seats are uncomfortable as heck on long trips and the plastic handles to tilt the seats have broken off. Chevy did nothing to remedy problems with this lemon. Will never buy a GM product again. GM you have lost a 30 year customer forever."

horrible!!!!

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"If you love problems over and over again this is the truck for you!!! I have had it for 9months and its been in the shop 7xs!!!! Leaf springs, air cond blower, 3tires, pcm valve and computor, and the list goes on and on...."

05 Colorado

By on Sunday, July 15, 2007

"Nice truck. I can't think of any other truck I'd rather have. Pretty good fuel mileage for a truck, fair towing capacity, can put two motorcycles in the back, more rear leg space than any competitors. Pretty good power. Would like to see an additional upgrade available with more bells and whistles."

By on Saturday, July 07, 2007

"I drive 35,000 miles per year. Could use more power. Exhaust, intake, and synthetic oils improved performance and fuel economy but my son's silverado now gets better mileage. Fuel economy should be better than V-8. Been to dealer twice with check engine light within 6 months. Comfort is fine on long trips. After 2 years it is time to trade in but the vehicle has lost so much value that I may lose out."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals