• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2007 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab

7.8

Based on 984 Ratings for the 2004 - 2012 models.

05 Colorado

By on Sunday, July 15, 2007

"Nice truck. I can't think of any other truck I'd rather have. Pretty good fuel mileage for a truck, fair towing capacity, can put two motorcycles in the back, more rear leg space than any competitors. Pretty good power. Would like to see an additional upgrade available with more bells and whistles."

By on Saturday, July 07, 2007

"I drive 35,000 miles per year. Could use more power. Exhaust, intake, and synthetic oils improved performance and fuel economy but my son's silverado now gets better mileage. Fuel economy should be better than V-8. Been to dealer twice with check engine light within 6 months. Comfort is fine on long trips. After 2 years it is time to trade in but the vehicle has lost so much value that I may lose out."

Over 200,000 miles, Very Happy

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Pros: "Lots"

Cons: "Listed above"

"My Colorado has had no major issues in over 200,000 miles, the CD player dosent take disc anymore, I have one bad side window motor and the the fan only works on 4. Thats it, the mileage has been up to 27mpg with the 5 cylinder auto, it is still running great and the maintenance cost have been extremely low, would buy another in an instant."

I would buy one

By on Sunday, April 08, 2012

Pros: "Good power, looks good, sounds great"

Cons: "Not too comfortable, gas millage"

"My father bought this last year when he traded in his Cobalt. He wanted a 4x4 pickup but did not want a gas guzzling V8. I wanted him to look at a Toyota but he saw this and liked it. It is a very nice looking truck inside and out. Not the most comfortable vehicle to drive, my legs start to hurt after about 30 minutes. The inline 5 cylinder has a little more power than I thought it would and the exhaust sounds really nice. The doors on the extended cab are a nice feature too. I rated the value low because he paid too much for the truck. He paid $23K for the truck, 3 or 4 thousand too much. With only 40,000 miles on it I cant speak for the reliability either. Also we have not driven it in snow yet as this winter was very mild. I will say the gas millage is worse than I would have expected. I still would have rather seen him buy a Toyota but all in all a pretty nice truck."

Love this truck

By on Tuesday, November 02, 2010

"I have had this truck for 4 years and have put over 90,000 miles on it. I have used it for towing, Hauling and off road. I am not easy on vehicles and this truck has done everything i would expect out of a full size truck. The 5 cyl has the power needed to get the job done. If there is one thing I could change would be a tighter turning rad."

Do Not Purchase

By on Friday, October 29, 2010

"This truck is easily the worst vehicle I've owned. It was purchased to replace a Honda S2000 when my wife and I found out she was pregnant. I've had the truck not want to start so many times I cannot remember the number, the radio has been replaced 3 times, OnStar has quit working for no apparent reason, the truck goes light bulbs like they're candy, and the rear seats truly only fits people 5 ft and smaller comfortably. Also, whoever came up with the fuel economy is full of it ... I'm lucky to get 10 mpg driving conservatively (I have the 5 cylinder)."

Great Pick-up

By on Monday, March 16, 2009

"We just got our 2004 Colorado LS crew-cab 4x4 in January. We have tried other full-size Chevys. We like the size of the Colorado, it does not hog up space in the garage or driveway. It is a nice ride. My wife and I find it comfortable. It looks good. The stereo is GREAT compared to the base model. The ONLY drawback to ours is that it takes work to get a tank of gas to get 16mpg. It got 15.8 on the last open highway trip. We are good at getting mpg out of our vehicles. By the reviews, it's hit or miss. You either get low 20sMPG or you get 15-17 tops. We suggest checking out what it got from the previous owner before you buy."

Excellent Truck

By on Monday, February 23, 2009

"I have owned my 2006 Chevy Colorado Z71 2LT Crew Cab for just over a year now and I have only had one problem yet. It was a very minor problem that concerned the tail lights malfunctioning due to faulty bulbs. This problem was easily fixed with $40 LED bulbs. Since I have purchased my Colorado, I have outfitted it with Magnaflow Dual Stainless Exhaust, K&N High Performance Intake, Westin step bars, and a soft tonneau cover. It gets excellent gas milage for a truck, averaging between 19-24 MPG depending on weather, terrain, etc. and using 89 Octane fuel. I have taken this vehicle off-road and I haven't gotten stuck yet! I recommend this vehicle to anyone wanting a smaller, inexpensive truck, with excellent quality! GM Trucks for life!"

Great Value!

By on Sunday, August 17, 2008

"This truck does everything I need it to do (I have the Crew Cab model), and doesn't waste lots of gas doing it. It seats five and can carry just over 1000 lb in the bed, which is more than I'll ever carry in it. I don't really care about tow rating since I don't haul a trailer. My daily commute consists of 70% highway driving, and I'm averaging 22-23 mpg combined. This is the perfect commute/utility vehicle for me."

Reliable

By on Friday, January 04, 2008

"Went from a Silverado to this. Obviously smaller but definitely powerful. Lived in western Michigan at the time, a neighbor slid off the road in the winter, I volunteered to get my truck to pull him out and all the other neighbors snickered - called it a girls truck - got the truck anyway and pulled him out, up a hill, on ice, and never slipped once!! (who's laughing now?!) The only thing I would suggest is an upgraded interior on standard models."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals