• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2007 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab

7.8

Based on 984 Ratings for the 2004 - 2012 models.

05 Colorado

By on Sunday, July 15, 2007

"Nice truck. I can't think of any other truck I'd rather have. Pretty good fuel mileage for a truck, fair towing capacity, can put two motorcycles in the back, more rear leg space than any competitors. Pretty good power. Would like to see an additional upgrade available with more bells and whistles."

By on Saturday, July 07, 2007

"I drive 35,000 miles per year. Could use more power. Exhaust, intake, and synthetic oils improved performance and fuel economy but my son's silverado now gets better mileage. Fuel economy should be better than V-8. Been to dealer twice with check engine light within 6 months. Comfort is fine on long trips. After 2 years it is time to trade in but the vehicle has lost so much value that I may lose out."

Over 200,000 miles, Very Happy

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Pros: "Lots"

Cons: "Listed above"

"My Colorado has had no major issues in over 200,000 miles, the CD player dosent take disc anymore, I have one bad side window motor and the the fan only works on 4. Thats it, the mileage has been up to 27mpg with the 5 cylinder auto, it is still running great and the maintenance cost have been extremely low, would buy another in an instant."

I would buy one

By on Sunday, April 08, 2012

Pros: "Good power, looks good, sounds great"

Cons: "Not too comfortable, gas millage"

"My father bought this last year when he traded in his Cobalt. He wanted a 4x4 pickup but did not want a gas guzzling V8. I wanted him to look at a Toyota but he saw this and liked it. It is a very nice looking truck inside and out. Not the most comfortable vehicle to drive, my legs start to hurt after about 30 minutes. The inline 5 cylinder has a little more power than I thought it would and the exhaust sounds really nice. The doors on the extended cab are a nice feature too. I rated the value low because he paid too much for the truck. He paid $23K for the truck, 3 or 4 thousand too much. With only 40,000 miles on it I cant speak for the reliability either. Also we have not driven it in snow yet as this winter was very mild. I will say the gas millage is worse than I would have expected. I still would have rather seen him buy a Toyota but all in all a pretty nice truck."

Love this truck

By on Tuesday, November 02, 2010

"I have had this truck for 4 years and have put over 90,000 miles on it. I have used it for towing, Hauling and off road. I am not easy on vehicles and this truck has done everything i would expect out of a full size truck. The 5 cyl has the power needed to get the job done. If there is one thing I could change would be a tighter turning rad."

Do Not Purchase

By on Friday, October 29, 2010

"This truck is easily the worst vehicle I've owned. It was purchased to replace a Honda S2000 when my wife and I found out she was pregnant. I've had the truck not want to start so many times I cannot remember the number, the radio has been replaced 3 times, OnStar has quit working for no apparent reason, the truck goes light bulbs like they're candy, and the rear seats truly only fits people 5 ft and smaller comfortably. Also, whoever came up with the fuel economy is full of it ... I'm lucky to get 10 mpg driving conservatively (I have the 5 cylinder)."

Great Pick-up

By on Monday, March 16, 2009

"We just got our 2004 Colorado LS crew-cab 4x4 in January. We have tried other full-size Chevys. We like the size of the Colorado, it does not hog up space in the garage or driveway. It is a nice ride. My wife and I find it comfortable. It looks good. The stereo is GREAT compared to the base model. The ONLY drawback to ours is that it takes work to get a tank of gas to get 16mpg. It got 15.8 on the last open highway trip. We are good at getting mpg out of our vehicles. By the reviews, it's hit or miss. You either get low 20sMPG or you get 15-17 tops. We suggest checking out what it got from the previous owner before you buy."

Excellent Truck

By on Monday, February 23, 2009

"I have owned my 2006 Chevy Colorado Z71 2LT Crew Cab for just over a year now and I have only had one problem yet. It was a very minor problem that concerned the tail lights malfunctioning due to faulty bulbs. This problem was easily fixed with $40 LED bulbs. Since I have purchased my Colorado, I have outfitted it with Magnaflow Dual Stainless Exhaust, K&N High Performance Intake, Westin step bars, and a soft tonneau cover. It gets excellent gas milage for a truck, averaging between 19-24 MPG depending on weather, terrain, etc. and using 89 Octane fuel. I have taken this vehicle off-road and I haven't gotten stuck yet! I recommend this vehicle to anyone wanting a smaller, inexpensive truck, with excellent quality! GM Trucks for life!"

Great Value!

By on Sunday, August 17, 2008

"This truck does everything I need it to do (I have the Crew Cab model), and doesn't waste lots of gas doing it. It seats five and can carry just over 1000 lb in the bed, which is more than I'll ever carry in it. I don't really care about tow rating since I don't haul a trailer. My daily commute consists of 70% highway driving, and I'm averaging 22-23 mpg combined. This is the perfect commute/utility vehicle for me."

Reliable

By on Friday, January 04, 2008

"Went from a Silverado to this. Obviously smaller but definitely powerful. Lived in western Michigan at the time, a neighbor slid off the road in the winter, I volunteered to get my truck to pull him out and all the other neighbors snickered - called it a girls truck - got the truck anyway and pulled him out, up a hill, on ice, and never slipped once!! (who's laughing now?!) The only thing I would suggest is an upgraded interior on standard models."

Worth I've owned

By on Wednesday, December 26, 2007

"I have had it in for 36 things in the warranty time, blinker 3 times, 3 front axel seals, foam in the defroster, tailgate issues, and much more. American made junk. I come from a Chevy family and would never buy another. No trade in value! Only thing I like it's great in the snow."

GOOD TRUCK

By on Thursday, September 20, 2007

"04 Crew Cab with I5, 2WD. 100K on truck now. Front end alignment at 12K, warranty, plus 2 tires. Replaced Emission Computer at 79.5K, 80K warranty. Drives over 100 miles a day and get 24.5 mpg. It was this or a Dakota or Nissan. Dakota had too many problems and Nissan was to small on the inside. Yes it is not a full size Silverdo but its big enough for my around the house stuff. I will consider a new one when this finally wears out."

Nice looking vehicle

By on Monday, August 20, 2007

"The only problem I have had with this vehicle is it not being able to make left hand turns or u turns without having to back up and adjust to complete the turn. The turning radius on the left hand side was set incorrectly. Make sure your vehicle is able to make left and right u turns or turns for that matter before your warranty is up. They do not want to correct the problem even though it came off the lot with this problem."

good vehicle for the price

By on Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Pros: "plenty of power"

Cons: "to short of bed"

"not a bad truck for the price only complaint is that bed is to short"

Great Truck for the Money

By on Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Pros: "Fearless in 4WD"

Cons: "Cheap electronics cruize control went out"

"The interior needs work it is spartan but it is a truck. The 4WD is superior and the 5 cylinder engine gives it the extra power it needs to make this the best 4WD truck I have ever had. It will go where Tahoe's and Expeditions falter. On the return trip from LA and grapevine closed. Went through Mojave but 14 backed up for miles. Found a road with 2' deep mud holes. Put it in 4 Low and went through had to pull out a Tahoe and and Expedition. I named him 'Little Pepi' after Romancing the Stone movie. Only complaint my cruise control went out and the seats need to be replaced."

great truck

By on Friday, May 11, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive."

Cons: "no electric windows"

"plenty of power no different than the 4.3 liter engine great on gas even with the larger tires would buy another colorado."

Should have stayed in a full size

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

Pros: "Gas Mileage, good pick up, Aux power outlets"

Cons: "Turning, reliability, maintnance cost"

"Bought this truck in 2007 used from a local Dodge dealer with 33K on it. I had owned full size trucks prior and thought this would be good for a commute while still having a bed to use. The interior is cheaply made plastic that does not hold up. Two weeks after my purchase I was replacing the seat adjutment handle on the drivers side because it broke off in my hand. With in the first year the center console was loose. Turn signals sound like a toy with a very loud clicking. School Buses have a better turning radius. My biggest complaint is the cost of upkeep, at 60K I had to replace the front brakes, this cost me 1k in parts and 300 in labor because you have to press the hub assembly off to change the rotors, when you do this you have to buy new hubs, Anti lock break sensors and the pads and rotors, hubs and break sensors are dealer only. The spark plugs are under the thottle body assembly so it all has to be removed to get to the plugs. Most recently I have had three no start situations only to find out that the fuel pump relay is blowing, mechanic says its an electrical short somewhere in the truck but hasn't been able to locate it. Additionally, this this eats Mass Air Flow Sensors. On the upside the gas mileage is not to bad averaging about 17 combined city/Hwy and 20 Hwy although it has dropped in the last year. I can tow my 17 foot boat with no problems. The crew cab is nice if you have kids but you cannot seat 6 adults, max adults is 4 or 2 adults 3 kids (if you don't require a car seat). Mine is 2wd, suggest the 4wd if you purchase otherwise you cannot get out of a mud puddle. This is by far a failed prouduct by GM, I own a tahoe as well and it is a great SUV. If you want a truck, buy a truck and deal with the gas milage."

Loved it when I first got it.

By on Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pros: "Cute truck. Fun to drive when it runs."

Cons: "Expensive to work on."

"When I first got my Colorado, I loved it. About two weeks in I started having some issues with it. The lights kept burning out. I took it to the dealer over and over, they replaced the lights. This has gone on ever since. The warranty went off of it and a recall came out. I took it in again, they changed the light and closed the recall order. Come to find out there is an electrical problem with the truck. It has been a night mare. I have called the Manufacturer and was told I have to pay to have it fixed. I am going to sell it and I will never buy another Chevy."

Reliable, tough, great mileage, excellent looks

By on Friday, December 16, 2011

Pros: "Looks, price, off road traction, tough, reliable"

Cons: "Plain interior, no diesel option (though none do)"

"Great vehicle, has been reliable, handles great for its height (mine is lifted 3" on 33" KM2's), and gets great mileage for class of truck. Still looks like new after 118000 miles and going on its 5th Vermont winter (snow, salt, I live on a dirt trail)."

Great pickup for the price

By on Thursday, October 27, 2011

"Great truck; very reliable, 4x4 works excellent, a very well suited for those who want a light hauler and a daily driver. 2007 Z71 4x4 Crew-Cab; owned from new. All I've done it changed the oil, and given her the occasional bath."

Fantastic Truck Overall

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

"I have owned this truck since 2004 and it has been one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. I currently own 4 different vehicles and this is my favorite get around vehicle of them all."

Awesome - Dependable - Convenience

By on Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Pros: "Dependability and fun to drive!"

Cons: "No large size cup holders"

"I purchased my Colorado (crew cab, 4X4) brand new in 2005 and have been in love with it ever since. I often drive long distances in the winter months and have never had any trouble whatsoever with 4X4 traction. I added a folding aluminum toneau cover, which has made the perfect space for hauling groceries, etc. when the crew cab is full of passengers. When I purchased this truck I was trying to decide between an SUV or a crew cab pickup and ended up choosing the pickup for the truck safety factor in hauling children. I have never regretted this decision and plan to purchase the same truck for my next new vehicle."

Great Truck

By on Tuesday, January 25, 2011

"Exceptional handling on road and fully loaded, not really designed for serious off road use. Gets good four wheel drive traction in deep snow. Seats 4 people comfortably, 5 people friendly and 6 people if 2 are small. (crew cab) You really need a bed liner if you want to haul loads, the paint in the bed is thin. 5 cylinder engine has very good power. Higher torque at lower rpm than similar sized v-6 models, tows loads better."

Not the best truck!

By on Sunday, January 09, 2011

"While I love the look of the vehicle, I have had several issues with the vehicle. Besides having a recall for the brake light switch, the quality of the vehicle is very cheap. Battery cables are very cheap, almost toy like, or like what you would expect on a garden tractor, the interior is very cheap to the point the carpet looks like walmart quality, and the plastics are not durable at all and scratch very easily. The motor in mine is the 4 cyl and while it can run well, it has had it's share of opportunites. I had a terrible run of engine knocking last summer, either due to a computer problem that solved itself, or from bad fuel even when using premium. Switched companies on the fuel and with cooler weather the problem for now has gone away. Sometimes it will not start, and have to reset the key and then it will start and all electronics will come on. Engine can be doggy at times, especially in rainy weather. At first I really liked this vehicle as I purchased it used with only 5500 miles. But as time has gone on after three years of ownership, it is falling apart rapidly. I have owned more foriegn cars than american and now I remember why, Japanese vehicles are built with far better quality then the American counterparts, and this is not unknown. I use this vehicle mainly for commuting, barely using the 4x4 system only during severe weather conditions, all of which are highway miles. Motor has a bad valve noise even with me changing the oil religiously every 3000 miles especially at start up. Wish the interior was better, I hate how easy it is to scratch the panels. Slightest object rubbing the plastic, say just from shopping can cause damage if your not careful. Radio lights have already gone out. Radio antenna keeps loosening up even with me tightening with a wrench, then it starts to rattle when you drive after a couple of days."

Great truck

By on Thursday, April 08, 2010

"I bought my truck with 15,000 miles and two years later had 115,000. I've had no problems. I replaced the original brakes at 100,000 miles. Unreal!! Almost all highway miles. I'm ready to get another truck and looking for another Colorado. The ONLY downside: the 4 cylinder works TOO hard moving this truck down the road. Would get the same gas mileage with the 6 cylinder."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals