• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab

7.8

Based on 984 Ratings for the 2004 - 2012 models.

Do Not Purchase

By on Friday, October 29, 2010

"This truck is easily the worst vehicle I've owned. It was purchased to replace a Honda S2000 when my wife and I found out she was pregnant. I've had the truck not want to start so many times I cannot remember the number, the radio has been replaced 3 times, OnStar has quit working for no apparent reason, the truck goes light bulbs like they're candy, and the rear seats truly only fits people 5 ft and smaller comfortably. Also, whoever came up with the fuel economy is full of it ... I'm lucky to get 10 mpg driving conservatively (I have the 5 cylinder)."

Great Pick-up

By on Monday, March 16, 2009

"We just got our 2004 Colorado LS crew-cab 4x4 in January. We have tried other full-size Chevys. We like the size of the Colorado, it does not hog up space in the garage or driveway. It is a nice ride. My wife and I find it comfortable. It looks good. The stereo is GREAT compared to the base model. The ONLY drawback to ours is that it takes work to get a tank of gas to get 16mpg. It got 15.8 on the last open highway trip. We are good at getting mpg out of our vehicles. By the reviews, it's hit or miss. You either get low 20sMPG or you get 15-17 tops. We suggest checking out what it got from the previous owner before you buy."

Excellent Truck

By on Monday, February 23, 2009

"I have owned my 2006 Chevy Colorado Z71 2LT Crew Cab for just over a year now and I have only had one problem yet. It was a very minor problem that concerned the tail lights malfunctioning due to faulty bulbs. This problem was easily fixed with $40 LED bulbs. Since I have purchased my Colorado, I have outfitted it with Magnaflow Dual Stainless Exhaust, K&N High Performance Intake, Westin step bars, and a soft tonneau cover. It gets excellent gas milage for a truck, averaging between 19-24 MPG depending on weather, terrain, etc. and using 89 Octane fuel. I have taken this vehicle off-road and I haven't gotten stuck yet! I recommend this vehicle to anyone wanting a smaller, inexpensive truck, with excellent quality! GM Trucks for life!"

Great Value!

By on Sunday, August 17, 2008

"This truck does everything I need it to do (I have the Crew Cab model), and doesn't waste lots of gas doing it. It seats five and can carry just over 1000 lb in the bed, which is more than I'll ever carry in it. I don't really care about tow rating since I don't haul a trailer. My daily commute consists of 70% highway driving, and I'm averaging 22-23 mpg combined. This is the perfect commute/utility vehicle for me."

Reliable

By on Friday, January 04, 2008

"Went from a Silverado to this. Obviously smaller but definitely powerful. Lived in western Michigan at the time, a neighbor slid off the road in the winter, I volunteered to get my truck to pull him out and all the other neighbors snickered - called it a girls truck - got the truck anyway and pulled him out, up a hill, on ice, and never slipped once!! (who's laughing now?!) The only thing I would suggest is an upgraded interior on standard models."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals