2004 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab

7.8

Based on 985 Ratings for the 2004 - 2012 models.

Awesome - Dependable - Convenience

By on Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Pros: "Dependability and fun to drive!"

Cons: "No large size cup holders"

"I purchased my Colorado (crew cab, 4X4) brand new in 2005 and have been in love with it ever since. I often drive long distances in the winter months and have never had any trouble whatsoever with 4X4 traction. I added a folding aluminum toneau cover, which has made the perfect space for hauling groceries, etc. when the crew cab is full of passengers. When I purchased this truck I was trying to decide between an SUV or a crew cab pickup and ended up choosing the pickup for the truck safety factor in hauling children. I have never regretted this decision and plan to purchase the same truck for my next new vehicle."

Great Truck

By on Tuesday, January 25, 2011

"Exceptional handling on road and fully loaded, not really designed for serious off road use. Gets good four wheel drive traction in deep snow. Seats 4 people comfortably, 5 people friendly and 6 people if 2 are small. (crew cab) You really need a bed liner if you want to haul loads, the paint in the bed is thin. 5 cylinder engine has very good power. Higher torque at lower rpm than similar sized v-6 models, tows loads better."

Not the best truck!

By on Sunday, January 09, 2011

"While I love the look of the vehicle, I have had several issues with the vehicle. Besides having a recall for the brake light switch, the quality of the vehicle is very cheap. Battery cables are very cheap, almost toy like, or like what you would expect on a garden tractor, the interior is very cheap to the point the carpet looks like walmart quality, and the plastics are not durable at all and scratch very easily. The motor in mine is the 4 cyl and while it can run well, it has had it's share of opportunites. I had a terrible run of engine knocking last summer, either due to a computer problem that solved itself, or from bad fuel even when using premium. Switched companies on the fuel and with cooler weather the problem for now has gone away. Sometimes it will not start, and have to reset the key and then it will start and all electronics will come on. Engine can be doggy at times, especially in rainy weather. At first I really liked this vehicle as I purchased it used with only 5500 miles. But as time has gone on after three years of ownership, it is falling apart rapidly. I have owned more foriegn cars than american and now I remember why, Japanese vehicles are built with far better quality then the American counterparts, and this is not unknown. I use this vehicle mainly for commuting, barely using the 4x4 system only during severe weather conditions, all of which are highway miles. Motor has a bad valve noise even with me changing the oil religiously every 3000 miles especially at start up. Wish the interior was better, I hate how easy it is to scratch the panels. Slightest object rubbing the plastic, say just from shopping can cause damage if your not careful. Radio lights have already gone out. Radio antenna keeps loosening up even with me tightening with a wrench, then it starts to rattle when you drive after a couple of days."

Great truck

By on Thursday, April 08, 2010

"I bought my truck with 15,000 miles and two years later had 115,000. I've had no problems. I replaced the original brakes at 100,000 miles. Unreal!! Almost all highway miles. I'm ready to get another truck and looking for another Colorado. The ONLY downside: the 4 cylinder works TOO hard moving this truck down the road. Would get the same gas mileage with the 6 cylinder."

Nice Truck

By on Friday, April 02, 2010

"I have about 55K miles on this truck with all the bells and whistles, I have taken 3 road trips in it the past 6 years, traveling 5-6K miles on it at one time. It has very good gas mileage, up to 26mpg when there is a tail wind, but mileage drops tp around 22 with a headwind or when there are steep hills, at which time the transmission goes in and out of OD, I just drive in "D" in those cases. Generally get 23mpg on a daily basis. About the only thing I don't like about this truck is the fact that the back seat does not fold to create more space, the seat back folds down, but then you have even less space. No mechanical problems and it handles pretty well, altho the engine is kind of mild due to the high gearing on this particular truck, the rpm is around 1450 at 60mph."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals