• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2012 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab

7.8

Based on 940 Ratings for the 2004 - 2012 models.

I own a 2005 Colorado 4x4 z71

By on Friday, May 03, 2013

Pros: "Strong Motor, Comfortable seats, Good handling."

Cons: "No towing button have to put in 3rd gear."

"My colorado is amazing have no problem at all what so ever pulling mudding or anything. I have pulled 20ft bass boat 300 hundred miles with no problem. I can honestly say Chevrolet perfected the inline 5cyl. I get about 18 mpg with 24's and 4in lift so i am not complaining. This truck i would recomend to anyone its a great truck even with 155,155 miles on it. The only problem with pulling is that you have to put it in 3rd gear cause they have no towing button."

timing chain

By on Wednesday, May 01, 2013

"i have 22 k miles on it and it will cost me a third of the value on a trade in the timing chain is damaged!2200$"

Great little truck

By on Friday, April 26, 2013

Pros: "Looks good, Reliable, great gas mileage, roomy"

Cons: "no cd player"

"I have wanted one of these trucks for a while and finally got one. I have had it for about a year and absolutely love it! There really isn't any complaints from me on this truck besides there is no CD player and looks like it might be a pain to purchase one and put it in. I have a standard and the clutch is really easy to use and works great. I didn't by power windows or anything, just the bottom of the line but it's a really good truck. Usually I get 19 to 21 MPG depending on how I drive. My mother has a four door Colorado with electric everything and she absolutely loves hers too."

Good car

By on Friday, April 19, 2013

Pros: "Easy driving"

Cons: "Gas consumption and power"

"Purcaseed 2nd hand, and owned for two years. The room behind is perfect for lugage and paperwork bag going to work."

Great reliable daily driver

By on Monday, March 11, 2013

Pros: "Reliability and looks"

Cons: "Size, interier"

Primary use of this truck, hauling a quad getting about 25mpg :P

"The truck is very reliable and i love the inline 5. Great for beginner drivers or drivers looking for a small truck for economy. I get about 28hwy and about 20ish city."

Primary use of this truck, hauling a quad getting about 25mpg :P

traded a silverado should have stayed with one

By on Saturday, January 05, 2013

"This truck has been o.k. but thats about it, have had lots of little problems , leaking headlight seals,all bulbs burning out,tire pressure monitor problems, Starting problems, Passlock system -expensive fix and chevy dealers have been less than helpful. Always owned chevys, but i think my next truck will be a toyota."

Hard Working Solid Truck - No Question

By on Friday, January 04, 2013

Pros: "Marvelously made, great truck."

Cons: "Doesnt fit tall (6'-2" +) people well."

"Its not fancy but it gets the job done, and doesnt complain when you ask to much of it. I have the 2.8L and it can pull a 12x8 cover trailer full of furniture 200-300 miles no problem. I've filled the entire bed with gravel severely overloading it, and it got it done without complaint. Mileage varies, but I generally dont get below 20mpg, and have gotten as high as 26mpg on long hauls under idea conditions. I have beaten the truck for 70k miles and it hasnt given me any problems that are truly troubling. But there are a couple things that are starting to appear. I need to replace a sensor (prolly 02) and that is causing a sporatic abnormal idle from time to time. The emergency brake cable will get moisture in it, and in cold weather will cause the brake to lock sometimes, solution either add weight to the bed or replace the cable once every ten years. Rarely the truck will randomly not start, I'm still chasing the problem, but I think there is a position sensor or something for the clutch that is preventing the engine from starting. If you let it be, or pump the clutch, it will start. Plastic handles to move seats will break, vicegrips for the win. Really nitpicking here now. The transmission fill plug located in a way that you cant fill it easily, you will need a pump or something to fill it. In closing. I tried give a useful review, there really isnt much wrong with the truck after 150k and I'm very impressed. It doesnt burn or leak oil from the engine, transmission, or rear end. It has plenty of power when coupled with the 5spd transmission. The truck just works."

Great Value for a Light Duty Truck

By on Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Pros: "Looks, mileage, ride & handling"

Cons: "Bed sheet metal is too light"

"I bought my Colorado new, in 2007, with the 5-speed manual tranny and 4 cyl Vortec engine. I've put 66K miles on it and just put the first new set of tires on it. I love the ride and the handling and the gas mileage. I get offers to buy it often, because it looks really good. My only beef is that the sheet metal in the bed is thin and easily dented by just about anything you toss in there. I've had some sticking problems with the extended cab doors, but nothing too bad. I do keep cracking my skull on the back door latch when I need to reach in. Jeeze that hurts! If you don't need a heavy truck, this is the best value I've ever seen. The reseale on it right now, is less than $1000 lower than when I bought it! Its holding its value. I put over 300K miles on my old Japanese pickup, but it never rose to the quality of my Colorado. I get 22-24 mpg in town, and 26-29 mpg on the highway. It's a joy to drive. The Vortec engine is just about maintenance free. I would buy another one, and would sure encourage others who don't need a tank, to go with this truck."

Probably the best mid-size truck made.

By on Friday, November 16, 2012

Pros: "Great gas mileage,"

Cons: "Cheap interior,"

"bought my 2004 Colorado used, in December 2004. It only had 750 miles on it. I would not trade this for any other truck, unless I upgrade maybe to a Silverado. The 5.7 5 cylinder has as much power as most 6 cylinders if not more. And I get around 23 mpg/ 19 city. I have had trouble with the speakers, Have had them fixed several times but they don't last long. Other than that it has been a good mid-size truck."

best overall little truck

By on Thursday, November 15, 2012

Pros: "great on gas, great on riding experience"

Cons: "bad turning radius"

"I bought an '08 Colorado brand new 4 years ago. I have been extremely happy with it. My job requires us to drive multiple trucks from time to time, and most of them are the Colorado's competition. My coworkers rather ride in my personal Colorado than the company truck. The cab feels half again bigger than either of the Japanese competition. The Chevy gets the best gas mileage by far, foreign or domestic competition. The Colorado has so much smoother, easier ride than most of the competition. The only real negative I have is the huge turning radius. With all the other positives, I can live with that one negative."

Over 200,000 miles, Very Happy

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Pros: "Lots"

Cons: "Listed above"

"My Colorado has had no major issues in over 200,000 miles, the CD player dosent take disc anymore, I have one bad side window motor and the the fan only works on 4. Thats it, the mileage has been up to 27mpg with the 5 cylinder auto, it is still running great and the maintenance cost have been extremely low, would buy another in an instant."

Id buy it again.

By on Sunday, November 11, 2012

Pros: "cheap, gas friendly, looks good,"

Cons: "i got nothin. its not luxury??"

"I have owned this truck for 5 years and counting. I have considered trading it in several times but could never find something as versatile and gas friendly as this truck. I am a home owner and I believe that everyhomeowner needs a truck. That being said I feel this is the most cost effective truck you could own. I also drive 50mi back and forth to work and any other truck would probably bankrupt my household. I would highly recommend the colorado."

I love this vehicle. Great looking & dependable.

By on Saturday, November 10, 2012

Pros: "Great vehicle and really looks and drives great."

Cons: "None as far as I'm concerned."

"I wish Chevrolet had not discontinued building Colorado Xtremes. Mine is an '07 with low miles I would consider purchasing the newest model if they made a 2013. I ordered everything available accessory-wise and love all the amenities especially the Sirius/XM radio. I guess I will just have to keep this one until I start having trouble with it. If that should ever happen. Great Truck all-around. I didn't mention the great leather buccket seats with heaters in both. Also the back doors on the Extended Cab."

V8 worth every penny!

By on Monday, November 05, 2012

Pros: "Right size, great V8 power! (18 mpg avg)"

Cons: "Price is steep, but worth it for me."

2012 Chevy Colorado V8- Aqua Blue Metallic

"I traded in an S10 ZR2 and knew I wanted a V8. Colorado just the right size for my garage. Full size features in midsize package. Interior a little cheap and "plastic". Very happy with power, handling, and towing. Comfortable back seat for people under 6'."

2012 Chevy Colorado V8- Aqua Blue Metallic

BESTESTIESTIEY CAR IN THE WHOLE WORLD

By on Tuesday, October 23, 2012

"i love the ride. Its efficient, cost effective, and very well spent money. I love everything about the car, and its great"

worst thing i ever owned

By on Friday, October 19, 2012

"14-15 mpg very poor turning radius replaced battery 5 times in first 6 years of ownership (twice under warnente) power is ok comfort is good"

Dependable, reliable, and practicle.

By on Saturday, October 13, 2012

Pros: "easy to drive and park and maintain."

Cons: "no door key lock on passenger side of truck."

"Had this truck for 7+years. Only had one 'unscheduled' maintenance problem: ABS sensors that cost about $500 at the dealer to replace. My mileage has always been 19+mpg and 23-26 on trips. Easy to park and good all around visibility. This thing is a keeper; should last me 200-300k miles."

enjoy the ride

By on Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Pros: "handling,easy access to controls"

"great handling, perfect for what i need"

great truck

By on Monday, September 03, 2012

"I have a 2012....5.3...2lt w/leather. The truck rides great and has power to spare. I have 9,000 miles and have averaged 18.7 mpg. I drove the Nissan and the Toyota and I thought the Chevy was superior. The leather seats are totally comfortable ( with my bad back)...and heated! I love this truck!!"

I love this truck!

By on Monday, August 20, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, fun to drive"

Cons: "can't tow a fifth wheel, short bed"

"All the comfort and room and so easy to drive, very fun truck!, and pretty!"

Great Truck for the money

By on Monday, July 30, 2012

Pros: "great price, great for towing, and roomey"

Cons: "very plain, plastic vs chrome"

"Wish there was a little more chrome but can't complain with the price compared to Toyota Tacoma...I have the 5.3 L V8 because I tow a 21ft boat. Plenty of Power..great for negotiating the highways in the North East.. Holds it's own with all the BMW's and other fast sporty cars. Disappointed that the engine is no longer an option. Solid built..wt is about 5500lbs, and it moves out if needed to with the 300 ponies under the hood"

Best American built midsize pickup truck

By on Saturday, July 28, 2012

Pros: "Great American Compact Pickup"

Cons: "No USB port"

""Have had pickups both from Nissan & Toyota in the past. Those trucks offered a good ride ride & a good price. Nissan dealers will try to nogiate with you. Toyota dealers play hard ball with pricing. Test drove both the Nissan Frontier and the Toyota Tacoma & I test drove several times the Chevrolet Colorado and bought it with no regrets. Did not feel overwhelmed by the simple layout of the Colorado compared to both the Nissan & the Toyota. The accelaration in the Colorado felt quicker than the Toyota Tacoma. The Nissan was quicker. I do not need to win the Dayota 500. My needs are met by the Colorado 3.7 LTR engine. The ride is firm & not harsh in the Colorado. The seats are comfortable with the lumbar support & the standard sound system in the crewcab more then meets my needs. Add the personal audio link & you can use your I-Pod. The folks at the Chevy dealer were great & did not try to close me on the spot as the Toyota folks did. I got a great price along with a great ride from the Chevy folks and do not have any regrets.""

One of the best that I've owned

By on Saturday, July 21, 2012

Pros: "Good size for all around manueverability and parki"

Cons: "On the snow it's like a sled on ice"

"I bought this truck new, the first model year offered. I'm a big framed person who is 6'4" and have more knee to dash space with the Colo. than I ever had with any of my Tahoes. The expert reveiws of this vehicle when it came out were not that good but I have not personaly had issues with most of them. I have a club cab with the ZQ8 suspension option which was great when I bought this vehicle in Florida. If I had known that I would be living in Mo. I would have bought a 4x4. With less than 1/4" of dry snow on the ground it is anyones guess where the truck will go if you have to slow down. It's like a sled on ice. The tires are 235/50/17s and for the first 5 years or so there was not much in the way of options for something with a better tread for winter weather. Would I buy another one? You bet! With the V8 in it."

REPLACED BATTERY AC SWITCH R & P STEERING IN 8 YRS

By on Friday, July 20, 2012

Pros: "LOOKS GOOD-EASY TO CARE FOR"

Cons: "BUMPY RIDE AT TIMES-COULD USE MORE TOWING POWER"

"GAS MILEAGE NOT GREAT BUT BETTER THAN MY BUICK REGAL NO MAJOR PROBLEMS OTHER THAN THE R & P STEERING WHICH WAS CAUSED BY AN IDIOT AT THE SHELL OIL CHANGE WHO ADDED BRAKE FLUID TO THE POWER STEERING"

Great Performing Midsize Truck

By on Friday, June 29, 2012

Pros: "Capable, well-built truck"

"I've owned my 2007 Chevy Colorado pickup for years and have been very impressed. It gets good fuel economy (~19 mpg combined) with the decently powerful 3.7L. It has plenty of power for hauling camping gear and materials for projects around the house. The Colorado is very capable offroad and in the snow. This truck has given me years of good service with no problems and I am confident it will last me many years to come."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab near Honolulu. See local deals