• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab

7.8

Based on 984 Ratings for the 2004 - 2012 models.

05 Colorado

By on Sunday, July 15, 2007

"Nice truck. I can't think of any other truck I'd rather have. Pretty good fuel mileage for a truck, fair towing capacity, can put two motorcycles in the back, more rear leg space than any competitors. Pretty good power. Would like to see an additional upgrade available with more bells and whistles."

Over 200,000 miles, Very Happy

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Pros: "Lots"

Cons: "Listed above"

"My Colorado has had no major issues in over 200,000 miles, the CD player dosent take disc anymore, I have one bad side window motor and the the fan only works on 4. Thats it, the mileage has been up to 27mpg with the 5 cylinder auto, it is still running great and the maintenance cost have been extremely low, would buy another in an instant."

I would buy one

By on Sunday, April 08, 2012

Pros: "Good power, looks good, sounds great"

Cons: "Not too comfortable, gas millage"

"My father bought this last year when he traded in his Cobalt. He wanted a 4x4 pickup but did not want a gas guzzling V8. I wanted him to look at a Toyota but he saw this and liked it. It is a very nice looking truck inside and out. Not the most comfortable vehicle to drive, my legs start to hurt after about 30 minutes. The inline 5 cylinder has a little more power than I thought it would and the exhaust sounds really nice. The doors on the extended cab are a nice feature too. I rated the value low because he paid too much for the truck. He paid $23K for the truck, 3 or 4 thousand too much. With only 40,000 miles on it I cant speak for the reliability either. Also we have not driven it in snow yet as this winter was very mild. I will say the gas millage is worse than I would have expected. I still would have rather seen him buy a Toyota but all in all a pretty nice truck."

Love this truck

By on Tuesday, November 02, 2010

"I have had this truck for 4 years and have put over 90,000 miles on it. I have used it for towing, Hauling and off road. I am not easy on vehicles and this truck has done everything i would expect out of a full size truck. The 5 cyl has the power needed to get the job done. If there is one thing I could change would be a tighter turning rad."

Do Not Purchase

By on Friday, October 29, 2010

"This truck is easily the worst vehicle I've owned. It was purchased to replace a Honda S2000 when my wife and I found out she was pregnant. I've had the truck not want to start so many times I cannot remember the number, the radio has been replaced 3 times, OnStar has quit working for no apparent reason, the truck goes light bulbs like they're candy, and the rear seats truly only fits people 5 ft and smaller comfortably. Also, whoever came up with the fuel economy is full of it ... I'm lucky to get 10 mpg driving conservatively (I have the 5 cylinder)."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab near Honolulu. See local deals