2005 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab

7.8

Based on 985 Ratings for the 2004 - 2012 models.

Should have stayed in a full size

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

Pros: "Gas Mileage, good pick up, Aux power outlets"

Cons: "Turning, reliability, maintnance cost"

"Bought this truck in 2007 used from a local Dodge dealer with 33K on it. I had owned full size trucks prior and thought this would be good for a commute while still having a bed to use. The interior is cheaply made plastic that does not hold up. Two weeks after my purchase I was replacing the seat adjutment handle on the drivers side because it broke off in my hand. With in the first year the center console was loose. Turn signals sound like a toy with a very loud clicking. School Buses have a better turning radius. My biggest complaint is the cost of upkeep, at 60K I had to replace the front brakes, this cost me 1k in parts and 300 in labor because you have to press the hub assembly off to change the rotors, when you do this you have to buy new hubs, Anti lock break sensors and the pads and rotors, hubs and break sensors are dealer only. The spark plugs are under the thottle body assembly so it all has to be removed to get to the plugs. Most recently I have had three no start situations only to find out that the fuel pump relay is blowing, mechanic says its an electrical short somewhere in the truck but hasn't been able to locate it. Additionally, this this eats Mass Air Flow Sensors. On the upside the gas mileage is not to bad averaging about 17 combined city/Hwy and 20 Hwy although it has dropped in the last year. I can tow my 17 foot boat with no problems. The crew cab is nice if you have kids but you cannot seat 6 adults, max adults is 4 or 2 adults 3 kids (if you don't require a car seat). Mine is 2wd, suggest the 4wd if you purchase otherwise you cannot get out of a mud puddle. This is by far a failed prouduct by GM, I own a tahoe as well and it is a great SUV. If you want a truck, buy a truck and deal with the gas milage."

Loved it when I first got it.

By on Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pros: "Cute truck. Fun to drive when it runs."

Cons: "Expensive to work on."

"When I first got my Colorado, I loved it. About two weeks in I started having some issues with it. The lights kept burning out. I took it to the dealer over and over, they replaced the lights. This has gone on ever since. The warranty went off of it and a recall came out. I took it in again, they changed the light and closed the recall order. Come to find out there is an electrical problem with the truck. It has been a night mare. I have called the Manufacturer and was told I have to pay to have it fixed. I am going to sell it and I will never buy another Chevy."

Reliable, tough, great mileage, excellent looks

By on Friday, December 16, 2011

Pros: "Looks, price, off road traction, tough, reliable"

Cons: "Plain interior, no diesel option (though none do)"

"Great vehicle, has been reliable, handles great for its height (mine is lifted 3" on 33" KM2's), and gets great mileage for class of truck. Still looks like new after 118000 miles and going on its 5th Vermont winter (snow, salt, I live on a dirt trail)."

Great pickup for the price

By on Thursday, October 27, 2011

"Great truck; very reliable, 4x4 works excellent, a very well suited for those who want a light hauler and a daily driver. 2007 Z71 4x4 Crew-Cab; owned from new. All I've done it changed the oil, and given her the occasional bath."

Fantastic Truck Overall

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

"I have owned this truck since 2004 and it has been one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. I currently own 4 different vehicles and this is my favorite get around vehicle of them all."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab near Honolulu. See local deals