2004 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab

7.8

Based on 995 Ratings for the 2004 - 2012 models.

Disappointed

By on Monday, May 12, 2008

"We've had this vehicle for four years. The frame has always creaked (no dealer explanation), the bolt holding the drivers seat belt sheared off at the floor, the front window wasn't sealed properly resulting in a puddle of water on the floor, there is some kind of wire that has broken under the driver seatback that can be easily felt, the tire jack was so cheaply made that it broke the first time it was used, there was a rattle in the dash from a bolt that wasn't properly fastened and now we are being told that there seems to be a problem (maybe) with the timing cover seal (read: head gasket, ie. $1000 to repair!). This is a made over S10 for gosh sake's! A vehicle that was made for years. We would not recommend this vehicle."

Poor Reliability

By on Saturday, November 03, 2007

"I have over 50,000 miles on my 2004 Colorado, and have had several nagging problems and one recall. The 5-cyl. engine has been great, but the shell around it is poorly put together. I've had problems with loose grill attached with plastic clips, moisture in the headlights, tailgate latch, and more! It's a cheap truck with ample cab room and a very good engine. GM will not fix problems that were addressed during the warranty period, and that have recurred out of warranty!"

Very Good Vehicle but

By on Thursday, October 18, 2007

"The biggest drawback of this vehicle is the cheap seats that GM put in the truck. Overall, reliable, much improved over the S10 model it replaced. Buy a used one if you get a chance as there are many of them out there with really low miles and at a huge savings."

Great Truck!!

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2007

"When I started looking at trucks over two years ago, I went to a car show and was able to compare them side by side. The Toyotas had flemsy sheet medal and I did not want another vehicle with those fabric timing belts, so I want I was impressed with the Colorado styling and the chain-drive 5 cylinder engine. When I went for a test drive, I found the cab to be spacous and comfortable for my 6 foot person. The handling does not compare to a sports car, but very good for a truck chasis. While traveling briskly over some washboard, pot-holed forest service roads, I was particularly impressed with was the agility with which the truck glided over the dirt and gravel...Chevy did a good job on the truck suspension. The Colorado is rated for towing 4,000lbs and I have easily towed a 2,000lb load. Again, this is where I noticed its true-truck engineering, as it did not seem to be any strain whatsoever. My gas milage is 20 mpg around town and 25 to 26.6mpg (my best) on the freeway. The Colorado is a great truck!! Nelro"

Good Truck

By on Tuesday, July 24, 2007

"Good Truck for the money, great mpg, rides so so with an empty bed / add 500lbs in the bed and it rides great."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab near Honolulu. See local deals