2004 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab

7.8

Based on 985 Ratings for the 2004 - 2012 models.

numerous problems

By on Wednesday, February 04, 2009

"I have had my colorado for about 3 yrs. I have had numerous problems from the cylinder head needing to be replaced twice, dash lights going out, rear end locking up, front seals going out, and the doors not locking. This vehicle gets about 18 mpg on freeway if your lucky. The one good thing I have to say about it is that it is like a tank in the snow will go through alot. Also so this vehicle is very under powered with the inline 5 cylinder. A strong head wind makes it kick down on freeway let alone pulling a small boat."

Its horrible

By on Thursday, January 29, 2009

"this truck has not been reliable since i got it, i have had to replace the transmission and have some work done to the motor. it only has about 66000 miles on it. the heat doesnt work right, and it doesnt seal up good around the doors. when it is running it rides good, gets decent gas milage, but is not good with the trailer behind it. i had an 03 S10 and i liked it much better than this truck, dont waste ur money on this."

My First Truck And I Love It

By on Monday, September 29, 2008

"This is the first truck I've ever bought. Though I've only had it for less than a year, I absolutley love it. I've driven other trucks which prompted me to purchase the Colorado. The other trucks were too small or big, not enough power or very little. Even trucks that fell into the same class as the Colorado didn't make me feel too comfortable behind the wheel (the seats were not very friendly to the back and the steering wheel was just not positioned right) and had lousy handling. I have the 4-dr. crew cab with the 3.7L VORTEC in-line five-cylinder engine. The Colorado is just right for a short gal like me. The cab is very spacious even for the passengers in the back. However, my one drawback is the plain console. It's just...well, plain. But that's just me being too picky. I've also purchased the tonneau soft cover (which took less than 25 minutes to assemble - even for someone like me that has never assembled one before) and the 5'1" rubber bed mat. I am looking forward to purchasing the sport tent and various other accessories (skid plate, sliding rear window, hitch trailering package, etc.) to fully max out the potential of this truck. I am a very satisfied owner of the Colorado."

Red Truck but a lemon

By on Friday, September 26, 2008

"Great little truck for two weeks. But now it makes me sad and disappointed. Major nagging problems have been-the airbag light came on and has been fixed over 5 times. Everytime I go over a speed bump it comes back on. My factory stereo has been replaced four times. It kept keeping eating my CDs; I really took offense when it wouldn't give back the Grateful Dead! Now the stereo sound is goofy. I don't think the sound system was hooked up correctly the last time. After using the vehicle, I have decided the back is too small for people to actually sit in and is only good for storage. If children sit in back it is dangerous because their heads hit the window as there are no head rests. Not good. In the beginning I was in at the dealership dropping the truck off 2-3 times a month the first year and a half. This got to be tedious and ridiculous. Originally I really liked the size and handling. Mine is a basic 2x extended, no power windows or doors. My brother has a '05 4x with power, and no major problems. I just feel the "quality" isn't there. The truck squeeks in steering and the body rattles. No pride in workmanship at the factory. No key slot on the passenger side. I have to lean over from inside to let my child in. I was told the factory doesn't install the passenger side key slot and the feature is not available. When the truck is paid off I will have the dealership fix the truck once more, and then quickly drive it to the sales department and trade it in, for a DODGE or a FORD! ; ) Then the sales staff can send this truck to service to fix it everytime it's driven over a speed bump. I think I have a red lemon. : ("

super

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2008

"It has a good ride for a small truck. The gas mialage was better in the city then on the open road.--36 city 30 on a roll.Had great pickup for a small motor but, could get up to 65 in 3rd when needed.[ the running on a enterence ramp ] It was really tight with 3 people.I mean REAL.I also liked the leg room, wow, Im 6'4" tall and did not have the seat all the way back."

Disappointed

By on Monday, May 12, 2008

"We've had this vehicle for four years. The frame has always creaked (no dealer explanation), the bolt holding the drivers seat belt sheared off at the floor, the front window wasn't sealed properly resulting in a puddle of water on the floor, there is some kind of wire that has broken under the driver seatback that can be easily felt, the tire jack was so cheaply made that it broke the first time it was used, there was a rattle in the dash from a bolt that wasn't properly fastened and now we are being told that there seems to be a problem (maybe) with the timing cover seal (read: head gasket, ie. $1000 to repair!). This is a made over S10 for gosh sake's! A vehicle that was made for years. We would not recommend this vehicle."

Great little truck

By on Friday, May 02, 2008

"This truck for me is the perfect size. It gets pretty good gas mileage for a truck of it's size(crew cab). I can get about 22-23 mpg on hwy and about 19-20 around town. The 5 cyl. is excellent. More towing, hauling power than a V6. I'm very happy with this truck. It is holding it's value very well."

Poor Reliability

By on Saturday, November 03, 2007

"I have over 50,000 miles on my 2004 Colorado, and have had several nagging problems and one recall. The 5-cyl. engine has been great, but the shell around it is poorly put together. I've had problems with loose grill attached with plastic clips, moisture in the headlights, tailgate latch, and more! It's a cheap truck with ample cab room and a very good engine. GM will not fix problems that were addressed during the warranty period, and that have recurred out of warranty!"

Very Good Vehicle but

By on Thursday, October 18, 2007

"The biggest drawback of this vehicle is the cheap seats that GM put in the truck. Overall, reliable, much improved over the S10 model it replaced. Buy a used one if you get a chance as there are many of them out there with really low miles and at a huge savings."

Great Truck!!

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2007

"When I started looking at trucks over two years ago, I went to a car show and was able to compare them side by side. The Toyotas had flemsy sheet medal and I did not want another vehicle with those fabric timing belts, so I want I was impressed with the Colorado styling and the chain-drive 5 cylinder engine. When I went for a test drive, I found the cab to be spacous and comfortable for my 6 foot person. The handling does not compare to a sports car, but very good for a truck chasis. While traveling briskly over some washboard, pot-holed forest service roads, I was particularly impressed with was the agility with which the truck glided over the dirt and gravel...Chevy did a good job on the truck suspension. The Colorado is rated for towing 4,000lbs and I have easily towed a 2,000lb load. Again, this is where I noticed its true-truck engineering, as it did not seem to be any strain whatsoever. My gas milage is 20 mpg around town and 25 to 26.6mpg (my best) on the freeway. The Colorado is a great truck!! Nelro"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab near Honolulu. See local deals