• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
2012 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

Hard Working Solid Truck - No Question

By on Friday, January 04, 2013

Pros: "Marvelously made, great truck."

Cons: "Doesnt fit tall (6'-2" +) people well."

"Its not fancy but it gets the job done, and doesnt complain when you ask to much of it. I have the 2.8L and it can pull a 12x8 cover trailer full of furniture 200-300 miles no problem. I've filled the entire bed with gravel severely overloading it, and it got it done without complaint. Mileage varies, but I generally dont get below 20mpg, and have gotten as high as 26mpg on long hauls under idea conditions. I have beaten the truck for 70k miles and it hasnt given me any problems that are truly troubling. But there are a couple things that are starting to appear. I need to replace a sensor (prolly 02) and that is causing a sporatic abnormal idle from time to time. The emergency brake cable will get moisture in it, and in cold weather will cause the brake to lock sometimes, solution either add weight to the bed or replace the cable once every ten years. Rarely the truck will randomly not start, I'm still chasing the problem, but I think there is a position sensor or something for the clutch that is preventing the engine from starting. If you let it be, or pump the clutch, it will start. Plastic handles to move seats will break, vicegrips for the win. Really nitpicking here now. The transmission fill plug located in a way that you cant fill it easily, you will need a pump or something to fill it. In closing. I tried give a useful review, there really isnt much wrong with the truck after 150k and I'm very impressed. It doesnt burn or leak oil from the engine, transmission, or rear end. It has plenty of power when coupled with the 5spd transmission. The truck just works."

Probably the best mid-size truck made.

By on Friday, November 16, 2012

Pros: "Great gas mileage,"

Cons: "Cheap interior,"

"bought my 2004 Colorado used, in December 2004. It only had 750 miles on it. I would not trade this for any other truck, unless I upgrade maybe to a Silverado. The 5.7 5 cylinder has as much power as most 6 cylinders if not more. And I get around 23 mpg/ 19 city. I have had trouble with the speakers, Have had them fixed several times but they don't last long. Other than that it has been a good mid-size truck."

Great Performing Midsize Truck

By on Friday, June 29, 2012

Pros: "Capable, well-built truck"

"I've owned my 2007 Chevy Colorado pickup for years and have been very impressed. It gets good fuel economy (~19 mpg combined) with the decently powerful 3.7L. It has plenty of power for hauling camping gear and materials for projects around the house. The Colorado is very capable offroad and in the snow. This truck has given me years of good service with no problems and I am confident it will last me many years to come."

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo....

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted