2009 Chevrolet Cobalt

7.9

Based on 1289 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

good little runabout

By on Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Pros: "mpg, comfort, styling"

Cons: "sound system whimpy, sluggish acceleration"

"A few recalls all fixed to satisfaction. Glad that is over with. Outside of known recalls, is fun to drive and still getting great mpg. On avg. 27. More than specs by the way. Would have really enjoyed it had the recalls not spoiled it. The ex had the 2007 Cavalier and it is surely a better suspension and more solid driving experience. Best for a gentle driver. Would not hold up to aggressive drivers."

Is the most fun of any car I have with over 50 yrs

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

Pros: "with launch control and no torque steer-much room"

Cons: "Pure Plastic!"

"I have added the Gm;LNF upgrade to 300 hp and 350 lb.of torque which is GM approved."

Love my little car!

By on Thursday, August 14, 2014

"I love how it handles and responds, but it could get better mileage. I drive 90% highway and only get about 27mpg. Also, while the trunk size is great, the opening is too small to get big items in."

Well Rounded Vehicle, Excellent First Car!!

By on Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Pros: "Cost, fuel economy, cool+practical,driving options"

Cons: "road noises, sometimes things rattle, loud engine."

"I purchased my 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS Coupe a month or so ago and I am really enjoying it. I have the manual version BTW so some of the principles may vary from an auto. This car is very fun and relatively fast. My most favorite thing about this car is the fact that it gives you options. Want to save gas? I have been able to get this car up to 32mpg driving to and from work. With about 60% highway and 40% city. OR do you want to have some fun and not make a fool out of yourself? This car handles highway driving easily and makes passing easy while leaving the competition in the dust. I have seen a lot of reviews and honestly cannot justify the complaints. When purchasing a vehicle like this you won't have a dead silent or luxurious ride. It's an economy car, not a Lexus, Audi, or anything similar. One complaint though that I can confirm is that the engine can be VERY loud. I personally don't mind this, but it does attract attention. It only happens when you are accelerating quickly though. I really enjoy the looks of this car though. the first cobalt I considered buying, I immediately fell in love with the coupe design. Sporty, sleek, and well... sexy. This is my first car and I highly recommend it to people looking for a first car or an economical car at a good price. I love how you can look "cool" in this car while not breaking the bank or being left in the dust. I personally drive this car to work and school almost everyday and it never gets old, I enjoy every minute. In terms of reliability, I have never had a problem. I hear all sorts of problems from other owners in other reviews and they have even less mileage than I do. As an Automotive Technician in training and my personal belief, I honestly feel that if you take good care of a car it will take care of you. I always change the oil and filter with Valvoline fully synthetic as well as a high flow performance oil filter from K&N. Fluids always checked and maintained. If a problem appears it is taken cared of ASAP. And honestly, you will pay less if you take care of the problem when its minor. If you wait, wait, and wait the problem will evolve into a more dangerous risk and not to mention a more costly one. One last point I would like to make on this long review is that the Cobalt is extremely advanced in terms of its computer systems. One of many pro's to this is that it will monitor how you drive and adjust accordingly when you need an oil change. A con though is that it is so advanced that in certain areas, its best(or may be your only option) to leave it to someone who knows what their doing and has the proper equipment. Like something as simple as keyless entry remote, I'm kind of annoyed that the keyless remote costs about $95 from a dealer AND only they can program the remote which is an additional $50! Guess I will just get my key copied >:( overall I really enjoy this car and think its very reliable and economical. But it also gives you the option to have some fun while driving, if you know what I mean :) ....."

drives

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

"has kock in motor hood dented from hitting deer"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Cobalt near Honolulu. See local deals